Anti-yeast diet....what to eat? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-02-2004, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What can I eat on the anti-yeast diet? I know what I can have, but I am totally overwhelmed and cannot think of anything that I can have past grilled chicken and salads! FTR, I have a colicy newborn, so I really just don't have the energy to do any research right now.....I did search this forum, but all I could find is what to avoid, not what I can eat. So, would someone please post what they did eat? Also, how long were you on the diet before you noticed a difference? How long total?

Thanks!
Angela
#2 of 6 Old 09-02-2004, 07:46 PM

This is what I eat...quinoa, boil and then toast in oven with olive oil and sea salt, tastes so much beter...amaranth, buckwheat groats and millet done the same way...brown rice or wild rice sauteed with onions and garlic and curry spice, lots of fresh greens/veggies non stop, for breakfast a gluten free grain cereal with quinoa, amaranth, millet, brown rice and buckwheat with unsweetened soy milk, lots and lots of nuts (raw is best) no peanuts btw (mold), almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, I also throw these on salad to make them more interesting, lots of protein and different meats like venison, buffalo etc. if you can find it...yogurt with flax... So far so good and I feel a lot better. Especially from eating so many greens, like leafy greens, radishes etc. I have the occasional piece of yeast free rye bread with vegan butter and almond butter. A real treat on a yeast free diet!
#3 of 6 Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM

I ate LOTS of eggs. I made every kind of omelette you can imagine. I had cold cut wraps with veggies in them. Lots of soup of all kinds. Cold veggies with seasoned yogurt dip for movie snacks. I really experimented with new vegetables like squashes and turnips. I used lots of tomato sauces on my meat.Experiment with different salads too. Throw in crab meat, chicken, cold cuts, and diced boiled eggs. Use different greens besides iceberg or romaine. Try baby greens, kale, spinach, and beet greens. I used tabasco sauce for a kick with some meals as well as fresh squeezed lemons. You can juice veggies too. I have a yeast diet friendly recipe for mock mayonnaise which can add more versatility to your diet. I made yogurt shakes with crushed ice, cinnamon, and vanilla or another natural flavor extract. I ate coleslaws and stews with no potatoes or thickening agents. I ate lots of stir-fries and lastly, yogurt popscicles. Phase two was alot easier to work with the ingredient list. The trick was not to over-eat on the lower-carb items like popcorn and rice

I'm having yeast problems again and just writing this I think I may try again.

Best to you,
Melissa
#4 of 6 Old 10-24-2004, 04:52 AM

I just started the candida diet a few days ago. I found a great forum I want to share with you all that has recipes, food lists and cleasning protocols. When you get a chance-check it out s
wholeapproach.com
#5 of 6 Old 10-26-2004, 02:29 AM

Can somebody please post a list of symptoms/problems that might indicate a need for this diet regimen?

It's been suggested that my sugar/carb cravings (and they are out of control, and to the point where I hide things for later, etc. ) may be the result of candida/yeast. But the only thing I think of when I hear that word is vaginal yeast infections, and that is not happening at the moment. (Whew.)

So does that mean that this is not a candida/yeast result (the cravings in the absence of the vaginal infection)? Or are they two different kinds of yeast thing? If you know what I mean by "thing."

Thanks ...
#6 of 6 Old 10-26-2004, 03:23 AM

nak
merpk-if you click the link it has a symptom assessment questionnaire.
the candida diet is for intestinal yeast overgrowth that causes leaky gut syndrome, food allergies, skin rashes, bloating, constipation, diarhhea, fatigue, skin complaints, malabsorption, gas, food cravings, irritability, mental fog, amongst other things...
here's the link wholeapproach.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page