fevers keep coming back every few weeks.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-25-2002, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,
I am starting to become quite concern about my daughter's reaccuring fevers. This will be the third fever in the past 6 weeks she has had. She is almost three. she has not had any immunizations for about a year and a half now. I am afraid there may be something more serious. She runs about 102 to 103. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks. Bonnie
#2 of 7 Old 07-25-2002, 12:17 PM

Hi Bonnie, I think I would have her checked out if you have a health care provider you trust. I sensed some concern in your post and you are her mama, you know when something doesn't seem right. Follow your instincts. Let us know how she is doing.
#3 of 7 Old 08-03-2002, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi. thanks for your response. Took daughter to doctors and had blood work done. Everything was normal. Doctor said sometimes when children are vaccinated they experience fevers for a while, a way for the body ridding itself of infections. Its been 18 months since her last shot. She is better for now. Will continuing giving supplements and good whole foods.
Bonnie
#4 of 7 Old 08-05-2002, 11:34 AM

Bonnie lynn,
I am going through the same thing right now. My daughter is 2 1/2 and shes had unexplained fevers as well. We're having blood work done todayand praying all is well. What did your doctor test her for? Just curious and glad to here your good news.
Thanks, Jeannine
#5 of 7 Old 08-05-2002, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! I'm sorry you have to go through this. I worry about my kids health constantly. Anyway she was tested for lymes and had a blood count done. If the blood count was below normal then a serious infection could be lurking in her system. Also she had her urine checked for an infection. Thank god everything came back normal. Good luck with your daughter. Bonnie
#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2002, 09:29 PM

I strongly suggest to have their Measles Titers checked. sometimes in vaxed kid they will have high titers (low grade infection).

If this is the case cod liver oil should be able to help if the measles is high. WHO (World Health Organization) uses CLO to treat measles.
#7 of 7 Old 08-08-2002, 09:45 PM

could it just be a few minor viruses she has caught in a row? i know that my three kids get unexplained fevers with no other symptoms all of the time. sometimes there is a rash a few days later, sometimes nothing else. my oldest son even had a seizure with a 104.5 degree fever once -- no other syptoms!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page