Breast infection and I am not nursing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2002, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone
I am so upset tonight, I hope someone can tell me what they think...
I'll try to make it brief-
For about the last week or so I have been feeling fatigued, and I am used to that since I had Epstein Barr about a year and a half ago. Well, I am thinking I am stressed, I will take it easy and cut out all sugar and I know the drill and I will be fine...
So, yesterday I get this pain in my armpit-not horrible, but pain, and then I feel this little lump under my arm. Now, my period is coming probably tomorrow and I have had breast pain in the breast nearest this armpit before periods, and I am thinking it is all from pending cycle.
Then stupid me calls my OB to tell him about it and ask what he thinks-and he puts me on an antibiotic and tells me to see if it goes away. I am thinking, all right, breast infection could cause the fatigue and all, but then I think-where the heck could I get a breast infection while I am not nursing? Haven't nursed for about 3 years now. Now I am worried...is it a breast infection? Is it just monthly bill stuff? And of course I am terrified of cancer, which has crossed my mind.
Is it likely to have a breast infection while not nursing? Anyone know??
TIA
Susana
#2 of 3 Old 08-01-2002, 08:19 AM

It could be a swollen or infected lymph node. I get these a lot in my neck and armpit/breast area. Especially when I get runned down or have a flu or cold. This has happened ever since I had a severe case of Mono when I was a teenager. Sometimes just being over tired can do it. I am thinking it may be related to your having had Epstien Barr virus.
But if you're really worried have the Doc do a more thourough check.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

peggy
#3 of 3 Old 08-01-2002, 08:52 AM

I have never had a swollen lymph node in my armpit, but I do get one on the back of my neck that swells up from mosqito bites, colds, infections... One time it was swollen for more that a year! The doctor told me to stop poking at it. Sure enough, it finally went back down.:

Definately talk to your doctor more about this if you are worried. Ask for tests. It is a good use of your energy and health to be anxious about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page