bringing back your period - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-01-2002, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone out there know of any herbal/chiropractic/homeopathic way to help bring on a period? I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I WANT to get started again. I keep going through bouts of PMS - irritable, soooo sore breasts, bloating, cramps, etc. The spells come and go every few weeks with no particular rhythm.

DS is 22 months and still nursing pretty frequently, but so did his sister at that age and my cycles started again by the time she was 15-18 months.
#2 of 6 Old 08-01-2002, 11:41 PM

I think Chaste Berry is one tincture you can use. Also, using peppermint essential oil is suppose to regulate ovulation as well. Using this diluted in an oil only~NOT orally. Those are the only two I know.

Good Luck~

Lisa

(Edited to say: I am going to move this over to Health & Healing. You might get more results over there.)

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#3 of 6 Old 08-05-2002, 05:26 PM

I think there are some threads on this in the ttc board--old ones from FEb. or so. I got my info there. I was in the same sit in Feb/March. I think what I did was drink Red Rasperry TEa and take Evening Primrose Oil until I ovulated adn then switched to flax seed oil. I'm not sure, though, so you might want to search on Evening Primrose Oil. It helped to nightwean ds (15 months at the time) to go 10 hours w/o nursing.

Good luck, I'm not 16 weeks pregnant,
Anne
#4 of 6 Old 08-09-2002, 04:00 PM

My ds is 27 months and I got my first postpartem period last month. What I did was to stop jogging and start walking instead. I did this also before I conceived my ds as I wasn't getting my period then either. I don't know if the running itself was causing me to not get my periods or if running was keeping my weight or amount of body fat just below the point needed for ovulation. I wasn't even running that much or vigorously -- 3 times per week for less than 40 minutes.
#5 of 6 Old 08-09-2002, 08:45 PM

acupuncture. My sis and a friend one was having it irrugularly and one not at all (post-depo) got them going, both conceived.
#6 of 6 Old 08-11-2002, 06:44 PM

My child is 5 yrs old and I still have variable or non existent periods. I stopped nursing or 1and1/2 years ago, yet my prolactin levels are still HIGH. My dr. finally after a year of this torture of hormonal weirdness and extremes and weight gain, had me have an MRI to rule out a pituitary tumor. None was seen, but I am taking Dostinex( very expensive meds.) to bring down prolactin levels and so far no period. I highly recomend that you push your ND or MD to do tests because it can be serious, I have seen and spent a lot of money on care(herbal, chiropractic naturopathic,acupuncture,cranial sacral, emotional and spiritual work) and still it is not down to the root of the problem and I have been at it for 5 YEARS. Something was not right and I know it. Keep on, and Good Luck!
Also CHaste tree(Vitex) needs to be taken continuously for a few months for any effect to occur.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page