rescue remedy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-03-2002, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have heard great things about it, but have some questions.
Is is safe for me to take while nursing?
Is it safe for infants? How old should a child be before you use it?
What things have you used it for?

inquiring minds want to know..
#2 of 6 Old 08-03-2002, 03:36 PM

I LOVE Rescue Remedy! It works on energetic principles, same as homeopathy, so it is absolutely safe to take while pregnant or breastfeeding. It is preserved in alcohol, but you only use four drops in a glass of water and then sip it, so the amount of alcohol you ingest is miniscule. I have used it with DD since she was about 3 mos. old - just give her a tiny sip of water in which I have put the drops. Again, miniscule amount of alcohol ingested. You can also rub it on baby's temples or put a few drops in a spray bottle with water and mist it in the air, if you dont want her to ingest it. I mainly use it to help me or DD calm down - when we are cranky, fussy, can't fall asleep, feeling stressed out and can't turn off those obsessive thoughts... Generally, I feel like it helps to reset the emotional barometer. Sometimes it makes me so sleepy I need to take a nap, and does the same for DD (helpful during teething whe other things don't work). I keep it in a drawer in the kitchen and use it as needed. They also make a Rescue Remedy cream, but I haven't tried that.
#3 of 6 Old 08-03-2002, 11:52 PM

I used to use Rescue Remedy after my kids vaccinations(before we stopped getting them)

I took a dose also!
After major temper tantrums /fights between my kids,after falls,etc-They say it really helps fast!
You can use the liquid on the skin also-for times when the kids might not take it by mouth.
I saw an ad for a spray bottle of it-I want that!

::
momma to 4
#4 of 6 Old 08-04-2002, 12:38 PM

I have used it myself for awhile, but never even thought of using it for dd, who is 3 and has problems winding down. Does she get the same dose?
#5 of 6 Old 08-04-2002, 01:13 PM

I bought the spray bottle. 2 squirts on the tongue and all is well. i haven't tried it on alec yet, but if he keeps up this screaming i might.

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#6 of 6 Old 08-04-2002, 10:07 PM

I started giving ds (very soon 4) Rescue Remedy when he was barely 3, after someone watched him meltdown, looked me straight in the eye and said "get that kid some RR!" We call it "Calm Medicine" at our house, anytime we reach the end of our ropes, 2-3 drops under the tongue. (this includes my reaching the end of *my* rope when dealing with ds!!) DD prefers it in her drinking water. When Hayden is so "out of it" that he cannot ask for it or refuses to open his mouth, I put a drop in his belly button; he's convinced it works there, too!

We've branched out on our uses: from headaches to dealing with major disappointments to the cat traveling in the car; I found singular remedies for ds' indecisiveness, my feelings of overwhelm, dd's "mask" for hiding emotions...

Swear by it & we *never leave home without it*

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page