Herb overload?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-05-2002, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I have a question. Can one take too make herbs, etc. I am trying to incorperate more herbs and vitamins into my diet. I have found I can take an herb for everything. How do I know what is too much? Same with herbal teas. I drink Red Rasberry Leaf tea and Milk thistle tea, but can I drink too much?? How much is too much?
#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2002, 09:53 AM

This concerns me as well. You would have to assume that the "everything in moderation" rule would apply to herbs too.
Does anyone have a good book or website to recommend??

peggy
#3 of 4 Old 08-11-2002, 07:05 PM

1. Milk Thistle is NOT water soluble,so you are not getting anything from it, it has to be eaten, or put into capsule or tincture for any benefits to be gained.
2. Herbs cause change. Yes you can buy them at any health food store, but change can happen and does so it is best to consult an herb book or an herbalist( good books for just starting out are by Susun Weed and Rosemary Gladstar; on the web or library or stores)
3 Some "safe" herbs to use are Nettles, Red Raspbery, Red Clover, Oatstraw, these herbs contain high amounts of vitamins and minerals and can be taken as an infusion- 1/4 herb in mason jar with hot water, laft to steep at least 2 hours preferably overnight.
4. Again, I cannot stress enough that herbs are medicine and can cause damage if not used properly, please do yourself a favor and look into some books, you may just develop a life long love.
#4 of 4 Old 08-11-2002, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

plant mama, thanks for the advice. Last week i went to a naturopath/herbalist and got some professional opinions. Thanks You!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page