Clonidine, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-08-2002, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gus and Emmet were just put on Clonidine yesterday. Not happy to be medicating a couple of 4 year olds....I know they need it. Life is so hard for them and not fun for the rest of the family. Just wondering if anyone has any expiereince with this drug.
#2 of 6 Old 08-09-2002, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

bump
#3 of 6 Old 08-09-2002, 03:23 PM

Moving this to Health and Healing for better luck!
#4 of 6 Old 08-09-2002, 07:52 PM

yes. my daughter has been on this med. to help her sleep. we've had success with it.

good luck,
tm2
#5 of 6 Old 08-10-2002, 12:13 AM

My father was just given this medication to quickly lower his blood pressure if it gets too high. He went to the ER with a 295 bp reading, and it brought it right down. He was also given an anxiety med to take at the first inkling of an anxiety attack, which they think might be causing the problem with his bp. What are your boys taking it for?
#6 of 6 Old 08-10-2002, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

explosive behavior/anxiety...psych thinks it's due to hyper-adreneline. Ya know when you are having the WORST day of your life and trying to keep it together, and then your little one poops on the floor or you drop an egg or light bulb and you ***F*R*E*A*K* *O*U*T***, well that's how they live day to day, minute to minute- Just 1/2 a second from COMPLETE meltdown...

It seems to be working okay, but Gus got too much yesterday and kept nodding off...I felt like I was abusing him or something. I kept fighting tears. I felt like SUCH a JERK! The problem is that the pills are SOOOOO small--like small bc pills and I have to cut them into quarters. They pretty much turn to dust and I have to guess-timate about what looks like 1/4 of a pill after it's been runover by a truck...

I have SOOOOO much GUILT about this....basically the DR said they will never be "normal" and by looking at it Gus's anxiety is so severe that we may have to go to harsher drugs....

I know it's ggos for them-short term...but what about down the road...will they be drug addicts? Silly thought, I know.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page