Tell me your "must have" natural healing books here!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2004, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two children age 9 and 7 mo. My older is vaxed but my ds isn't at all and I know I really need to do some real strong natural healing reading. My dd has a very strong imune system and has kicked everything througn at her so far w/o antibiotics...ever. I know what to use for her to a certain exstent to help her get rid of sinus infections, coughs, etc. but I haven't a clue about the very young child..

So what are your books?

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 01:01 AM

One for kids that I really like is called" your vital child" by Mark and Angela Stengler. It covers many areas of natural healin( homeopathy h, herbs, external therapies, nutrition) as well as a section under each headin for what to expect from the tratment, when to know if you should see a physician. I have the good old encyclopidia of nutritional healing, as well as a huge encyclopedia put out by Alive magazine.( I dont know if you can find that in the states. Borrow a few books from the library and see what format you like best. Even if some of the larger books seem quite expensive, they are well worth it, and often get much more use than you would have anticipated

:
Old 10-31-2004, 01:23 AM

My personal favorite is Natural Healing for Babies and Children by Aviva Jill Romm. I think the more recent edition is called Naturally Healthy Babies and Children. It's an excellent resource which I keep by the bed at all times. I use it all the time, it is very specific and complete.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I will check those out! Anymore?

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 11-01-2004, 03:08 AM

I like "Science & Health. . . ." by Mary Baker Eddy available at spirituality.com
Old 11-01-2004, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My absolute childrens health bible is: Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand. It lists homeopathic, herbal, nutritional, bach flower remedy, and accupressure treatments for each ailment. It also lists how your child would probably be treated conventionally if you were to go to a dr/ER.

There is also an adult one from the same author.

Desiree

User Tag List