help I have severe DIAREHEA and... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-17-2002, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
all day I have had severe, watery diarehea. severe abdominal pain. I also keep burping up this disgusting BILE taste in my mouth.
I also feel like right before one of these diarehea attacks I get really hot.
I have had this problem before, when I was pregnant & once when my son was 1 month old.... i had it for like 8 days straight... I eventually had to go to the ER & get hydrated IV.
What is this?
Why does it happen?
What can I do?
#2 of 4 Old 08-18-2002, 02:24 AM

I am right there with you. I have had this problem for over a year now! I had my gall bladder removed in May and the attacks started coming everyday! I am in the process of having lots of tests run at the dr. so they can figure out what is causing it. I tried everythng "natural" and nothing helped.

Please see a doctor and get some tests run. I avoided it for a long time also but it could be something serious and it is best to get it checked out. Also, you might try a website called ibsgroup.org They have boards also and it is nice to talk to others that are suffering from the same kind of attacks.

PM me if you need more info. Would write more but ds is crying!

Health and healing to both of us.

Susan
#3 of 4 Old 08-19-2002, 03:59 AM

With your insurance -- can you self-refer? If so, I'd go straight to a gastro-enterologist (a tummy doc).

I have had mucho mucho experience with diarrhea and tummy complaints. If I am about to throw up, and occasionally if I'm about to have a diarhea, I get those hot, sweaty warnings, too.

I can't encourage you enough to see a doc. This could be a bug, since it's sudden onset, but it could be a treatable bug! Also, it could be something more serious. Digestive issues are pretty darned important, because not only are you getting dehydrated, but you're also passing stuff through too fast to get nourishment from it.

I have fibromyalgia, which is frequently accompanied by IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome.) Recently, I had BAD daily diarrhea for around a year before we figured out the biggest aggravating factor. Turns out, I've developed a serious intolerance to corn, which is, in on form or another, in nearly everything! However, in all that time that I was having all that diarrhea, I lost a ridiculous amount of weight (50lbs.) I had been all proud of myself, until I realized that after cutting out corn, and taking digestive enzymes whenever I eat raw veggies, eggs, or milk, my weight loss has plateau-ed. The reason is that, for the first time in about a year, my body is regularly (pardon the pun) getting the opportunity to extract what it needs from the food.

Chin up. Diarrhea is the worst. I totally feel for you. I hope that you feel better soon, and I hope you go see a doc. BTW, the doc that finally got me to look at a possible food intolerance was a naturopath. Both my regular docs had just prescribed something that treated the symptom! Yay, wholistic treatment!!!

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#4 of 4 Old 08-21-2002, 04:44 AM

I had the same problem, turned out to be celiac's. Its controlled though diet and as long as I stick to the diet no problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page