Need quick response-fever, rash, etc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2002, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok. My Aunt calls and ask me to pick up her son from a class tomorrow. After I say Ok, she tells me her older son has been ill with a fever, nausea, and now a rash since yesterday. Of course, she is asking me the symptoms of West Nile and after convincing her that that is very unlikely for a healthy person, particularly 9 yo boy, to come down with, I told her call a Doctor. These symptoms sound familiar and not until now-LATE- did I think to ask if he had some type of vax for back to school (they are quite mainstream). Any ideas? I am nervous picking up his brother now, but the fact is my kids interact with strangers often and who knows what they have or have been exposed too. So I doubt 10 minutes in a car with someone related to a sick kid is dangerous....just a paranoid Mama there.

The fever + rash is my concern-any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2002, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter just had something similar. Our pediatrician told me that there are a couple viruses going around that have a high fever for a few days, then when the fever goes away the child breaks out in a rash. He said the rash is harmless and will go away in a day or two. This is exactly what happened with my daughter. It's a flat red rash on trunk or face (not usually on limbs). Just some nameless virus that going around; not anything more/less worrisome than average.

I don't know if this is what your cousin has, but it sounds like it could be.

User Tag List