Nursing and long periods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-27-2002, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in the EN nursing forum, but thought I would ask here as well...

I got my period back the beginning of June and have now had 3 periods. This last period lasted for about 6-7 days of moderate bleeding, but I've continued to spot for the following week (sorry for the details).

I've never had this happen before - my periods normally last 4-5 days (and my first two periods were normal). I have just gotten back from the doctor about it - they've taken various swabs, done a pap smear, etc. But they said it could be due to hormones from the breast-feeding - so I was just wondering if any one else had experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
Carolyn
#2 of 3 Old 08-28-2002, 01:12 AM
Banned

Oh yes! And it took a good two years before it ever got back to 'normal'. I did notice that change occured with change in how much/how little my DD bf. If she was on a hunger strike, my periods were long and crampy. If she was on a binge, my period was like 4 days, first day extreme cramps. I don't recall when there was spotting, but there was almost every month, so...

At least you know you're not alone! Sorry I don't have a 'solution' to offer, not that I think it's a 'problem', just sometimes when you want to wear white...LOL! (I still haven't worn white. Hmmm...I'll have to look in my closet now that I'm pg again and don't have to worry...)
#3 of 3 Old 08-28-2002, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you - it IS Nice to know that this has happened to someone else. I definitely prefer the hormonal explanation to anything else....

Thanks again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page