sharp pain in lower right abdomen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-02-2004, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know what, other than ovarian cysts, could be causing a sharp, persistant pain in my lower right abdomen? I don't think it is apendicitis because the pain doesn't increase when I jump up and down. It is near my hip bone and is worse when I stand up from a sitting position suddenly, or if I sneeze while standing up.

The chances of my being pregnant are nil (neg pregnancy test + AF two weeks ago) so it couldn't be an ectopic pregnancy. It's been going on for four days now.

I have no other symptoms except for a slightly upset stomach and loss of appetite, which could just be due to the pain.

My friend has mentioned that it might be my cicum being irritated by a food intolerance

Any ideas?

It will be impossible for me to even think about going to a dr until tomorrow because I have no child care options at all.

thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 12-02-2004, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OUCH!! I'm so sorry!!!

To me it sounds pretty far out toward the hip but, if you push on it does it hurt bad? Do you then feel sick? If you start to throw up or get diarrhea or get a fever call the Doctor IMMEDIATELY-it's appendicitis. Accept that if any of these things happen you'll just HAVE to call the Dr. today & take baby with.

But, it could also be a cyst or endometriosis, too - it's hard to tell because everything's so squished in together down there. But unless the cyst bursts, it won't suddently get dramatically more painful - it'll be gradual pain that receeds from time to time (based on hormones).

Just be cautious with it... my DH appendix burst last year (he was convinced it was stomach flu) and was in the hospital for 4 days after the surgery to get rid of the infection it created.

Don't ignore your instincts - trust that the pain is telling you something. If it is appendix - it only takes about 24 hours of pain before it bursts and the surgery is just laproscopy & you recover very quickly if it doesn't burst.

Good luck!!!!
#3 of 5 Old 12-02-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thank you bippity-- no, I have no other symptoms. I do have a headache but I haven't been sleeping well due to pain. It feels like a stich in my side, the kind you get from running, but I sure haven't been running.

No throwing up, no diarhea, everything else is in working order it seems.

:

I can feel my ovaries and the right one is slightly larger than the left, but the pain is by my right hip bone, about 2 inches above the ovary.

I'm wondering, could it be a ligament? When I was pregnant I had severe round ligament pain, so bad I thought I was in preterm labor.

#4 of 5 Old 12-02-2004, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would think that a ligament would only hurt if you moved a certain way if you're not pregnant. If you are pregnant I suppose it could be a ligament getting stretched.
#5 of 5 Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Did you ever find out the casue of the pain?

Seriously?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page