HELP! Pregnant, ear infection! Antibiotics? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-10-2004, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just called my friend who is 33 weeks pregnant. She has a bad cold, sinus infection, and ear infection. They say it is bacterial. They want her on antibiotics starting tonight. Does she have any alternatives? She is high risk pregnancy as it is. They said they don't want her to be sick at all. Is it better to go ahead and take the antibiotics, or to try something else? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to call her back in a few minutes.
#2 of 4 Old 12-12-2004, 12:06 AM

You can put breastmilk in the ear and it should help it a lot. It is full of antibodies and white blood cells that help clear up the infection quicker. Also I think I've heard tea tree oil works well, but never tried it.
#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2004, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophmama
You can put breastmilk in the ear and it should help it a lot. It is full of antibodies and white blood cells that help clear up the infection quicker. Also I think I've heard tea tree oil works well, but never tried it.
I once tried Tea tree oil into my ear - undiluted!! I thought I was gonna die! I thought I was gonna wake up next morning deaf. It was so painful! I could feel my heart in my ear, but then I fell asleep and next moring infection was gone!! I was shocked! I did it since again, but next time I made sure to dilute it!

To the OP:

It depends how severe your sinus and ear infection is. There is ALWAYS alternative, you just have toknow what and where to find it.
For sinus infection is fantastic homepathic remedy Hepar Sulfur 6C - 5 granules 3-5 times/day.
There is more remedies, but it's hard to say which one is good for her, since I don't know the exact symptoms.
And for ear infection:
My book says for accute ear infection;
Belladona 6C + Capsicum annuum 6C + cantharis 6C + arsenicum album 6C (if painful mostly at night and warm compress makes it better) or Aconitum 6C (if pain is caused by wind into ear - open window during driving for example)

Take 5 granules in 15 minutes intervals. That means Belladona, 15 minutes later Capsicum, 15 minutes later cantharis and on and on, until relief, than keep extending the intervals....30 minutes, several hours, once a day, until better.

good luck to her! It sucks to be sick during PG!

Belladona should also cover the flu simptoms, as well as aconitum.

I just noticed you posted it 2 days ago, and she probably made her decisoon by now. If she is on antibiotics - she can still use all the homeopathic remedies above - it can never hurt! It will onlt help her body to deal better with the antibiotics as well.
#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 PM

There must be a flush of ear infections going around I've posted twice already about this read the post by me:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...23#post2383123
and
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=225451

and happy healing to you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page