Rash On Newborns Face? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-14-2002, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

My 3 week old has developed what looks like acne on the sides of the cheeks on his face. The spots are raised and red, some of them have a white dot in the centre, they become redder when he is hot.

I think that this is probably either his body adjusting to everyday life or heat rash but would love to hear what everyone else thinks. By the way it doesnt appear to itch at all and is mainly in the place where his face touches my skin when he is breastfeeding.

Thanks
#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2002, 04:31 PM

It sounds like typical infant acne to me. Both my kids got it around 3-6 weeks old. I don't know what causes it, but it is very commom. It will pass. I wouldn't put anything on it - except maybe some breast milk. Congratulations on your beautiful new babe!
#3 of 4 Old 09-14-2002, 10:08 PM

From what I've read and heard, it's just the baby getting rid of mommies hormones... Even if that isn't true, it is normal and will go away without you doing a thing... Keep the baby clean (I am sure you are) and you are fine... I've had doctors tell me to wash it with dial, but everything I read says not needed or don't do it... Both of mine had it, I think max of 2 months... Maybe 4 months... they come and go as they please, right now ds is 5 months and hasn't had them for quite awhile...
#4 of 4 Old 09-14-2002, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dd got a rash every time I washed her face. I prevented it by using distilled water and these sterile wipe things I got from the Drs office (they were supposed to be for her bum but hey, a wash cloth worked just fine for that)

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page