Fever! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-19-2002, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sophie slept a lot yesterday, and I just figured she was getting ready to grow, or something, since she had no other symptoms other than a slightly irritated bottom, which I figured came from the yoghurt I gave her. (Organic, goatsmilk, w/ blueberries.)

Anyway, I gave her her bath, cuddled, read, sang her songs, she crashed, I went downstairs.

An hour later I went up and she was red hot.

I took her temp, and it was 103.2. My limit on fevers before I break out the big guns (Tylenol) is 102. I don't have a reason, that's just where I stop feeling comfy with letting her body do it's thing. Feel free to try to talk me around, cause frankly, I feel like I should either buy into the entire notion of trusting that her body knows what it's doing or not, and not muck around with it at all, but there you go, I am a bundle of inconsistencies.

But anyway.....

She is still not showing any other symptoms, her bottom is cleared up completely, and this morning when I took her temp again it was 102.1

I'm alternating pulsatilla, chamomile, Ferr-Phos, and echinacea both topically and orally.

Suggestions, comments?

I HATE this.
#2 of 6 Old 09-19-2002, 07:08 PM

Is she uncomfortable? I wouldn't give anything for the fever unless she is uncomfortable and being lethargic. Her body is apparently fighting off an infection of some sort.
When my kids get fevers they both run about 103.3...scary I know...that that seems to take care of things. I don't usually give motrin unless we both need relief.

Do the remedies work together like that? I thought it was best to try one remedy that fits all the symptoms?
#3 of 6 Old 09-19-2002, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

The herbalist I use looked at her this morning and that's what he suggested.

I think because I am alternating and allowing a certain amount of time between each one, it's ok.

I guess we'll see.

#4 of 6 Old 09-19-2002, 08:52 PM

My dd who is now 27 mo had a couple of mystery fevers about a year ago. No indication of any other symptoms. I caved and gave her tylonel after 24 hours but after that wore off the fever never really came back. And then a week or 2 later it was back to a night or tow, only at night.... weird.

Hope your dd is doing better.

Robin
#5 of 6 Old 09-20-2002, 03:47 PM

When my dd (at 10mo) got a fever, all stores were closed (Easter). So I called my midwife and she suggested having her drink or bathe in catnip tea. There's another cat-something tea (catmint, I think) that she suggested first, but I didn't have it around. Dd hated baths, so that was out. She was so miserable, that she refused to drink the tea. Sometime in the night, when she had hardly slept at all, it dawned on me to take a washcloth soaked in the tea and bathe her face with it. That made her mad, but she calmed almost immediately and her fever had broken by morning.
#6 of 6 Old 09-20-2002, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Sophie's fever ran 102.0-102.8 all day yesterday.

Last night, it spiked up, then went down again almost immediately, and this morning it was down to 99.1.

Thanks, everyone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page