is it time for DR appt opinions - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We were sick with Flu 2 weeks ago fever aches all the fun stuff. We all ended up with a nasty cough we have all gotten almost completley over it except the baby who si unvaxed and she is taking the longest to get over it. She is still coughing and woke up stuffy. She is now running a low grade fever of 100 she is eating and playing but why the fever again. I have been worried about the cough and Pnuemonia she has no symptoms really no distress etc just the occasional cough that sounds junky when she coughs.
We have been using Vit c and homeopathy but nothing seems to be clearing her up. Is it time for antibiotics? UGGH I made an appt for tomorrow at 11:00 but just dont know what to do I have tried letting it run its course but the fever coming back concerns me a bit. Any advice thoughts.

thanks
amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-28-2005, 09:13 PM

hi. my daughter (actually all 3 of my kids) had the same nasty virus. she was ill for almost two weeks. it appeared to have gone away, but then returned maybe ten days later. we also use homeopathy and my homeopath encouraged me to keep giving her the remedy for several days after she appeared well. i stopped too soon and that is why, i believe, she became ill again (same type of virus)

longish story short, i began the same remedy and went up to a 200c. this seems to have worked (after two doses) finally!!

bottom line, these are some determined virus's. keep at it.

keep in mind that her symptoms were the same each time, hence the same remedy was indicated.

you may have a different situation. hope this helps some tho. good luck

kppy
#3 of 7 Old 03-01-2005, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Well we are using homeopathy and this time it isnt helping her at all. I have an appt today and just dont know what to do. She ran low grade all night and didnt cough through the night at all. She just coughs on occasion but i know if htere is fever something else is going on. I was thinking like bronchitis or Walking pneumonia. She is up playing already. She isnt wheexing but when she coughs I certainly can here the junk in her chest.

I dont want it to get worse before the weekend we are in my MIL wedding but I dont want to get exposed to anythig while we are there either UGGHH

thanks for listening

#4 of 7 Old 03-01-2005, 12:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear your little one is sick, mine too has developed a cough and a stuffy nose and it just freaks me out that she's sick Gitti had givin me the advice to eat lots of vit c, echinachea, and zinc and to bf. So I'm doing that but her cough is getting worse, I don't know what to do either, I want to take her to the dr, but I don't know what is the best thing. Oh, Gitti also told me to air out my house once a day when the babe isn't there. HTH. Good luck, and I hope someone will post something for us here!
#5 of 7 Old 03-01-2005, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Well off to the Dr we went this morning. She is fine he said her lungs are clear he said her cough does sound nasty but attributes it more to sinus drainage then anything else. And that i was doing a good job what ever i was doing. H e also said he doesnt perscribe antibiotic that we are to resistant to them because they are over used. HE said the only reason he would give them to my dd is that we are going on 3 weeks of this stuff and she isnt clearing up which makes him suspect something else is going on.
He was a new Dr and all in all he was ok. Now I feel terrible for taking her into the germ infested Dr office DAMN i just cant win.
I guess i should learn to trust my mom instinct UGGHH
#6 of 7 Old 03-01-2005, 04:21 PM

chevy,

it's hard to trust that instinct when you're bombarded with the the wonders of antibiotics and that "quick fix" !!

you are doing a great job taking care of your daughter. sometimes we we need to double check and have tests done to see where things are at. i would never jeopardize my kids by sticking with something that is not working and there's nothing wrong with having the doc take a look see. wish they supplied gas masks for their offices tho!

sounds like this new doc. has some sense of the over use of antibiotics what is he/she recommending you do then??

how do you come up with what remedy to use? a homeopath or books?

hope your babe shakes off whatever bug she has soon.

kppy
#7 of 7 Old 03-01-2005, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well he did give me a script for antibiotics and said it was up to me if I wanted to use them keep the script and have it filled if i see need to. And he kept stressing that dont think i will get an antibiotic everytime i come there his reason for giving it now is the lenght of the illness and not clearing up.

I work with a homeopath. My dd has always responded well to homeopathy but for some reason this time she just isnt. We are overloading on Vit c as well. I do have several books also. I am trying to learn as we go.

Amy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page