Eczema, Interstitial Cystitis, IBS and Yeast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 03-12-2005, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I decided to post our story b/c although I have talked about it in many posts, I don't think I've put it all together to be disussed. I'd really like to hear opinions or other stories. Sorry so loooooooong...

I believe both DS and I had/have leaky gut caused by candida that resulted in his eczema. I say 'have' because I really don't think it's healed for quite some time, I need to remain vigilant. We are still doing a rotation diet, limiting or avoiding wheat/dairy/starchy carbs, and avoiding all forms of sugar.

I was on multiple courses of antibiotics before pg, for suspected UTI's. Although in the wonderous world of modern medicine, I was not adequately tested. I actually had a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis, which is not bacterial related (in fact I think it's yeast related, leaky bladder let's say, but that is a whole other story). So different antbx were tried, including 2 weeks of Cipro and it destroyed my digestion. I developed IBS but didn't connect the two until later. Of course my dr's didn't.

I had a very painful pg due to the IC. When I delivered, DS had a bright red rash on face. Also I had to receive prophylactic antibiotics without my consent for another issue. If I did know I was getting them AGAIN, I would have refused.

Also DS had to have a few bottles of formula in the hospital b/c his hemocrit levels and temp was up. My sweet little guy never had the chance to develop a healthy mucosal lining in this intestines.

I had pretty minor bouts with thrush while bf'ing at first. I took acidophilus and DS's rash and the thrush went away in a few weeks until he started the damned rice cereal as his first food. Bang, yeast diaper rash from hell which didn't respond to topical Lotrimin so the *&#%) Ped px'd an antibiotic ointment.

If I knew then what I know now....

Then the eczema really started and what I think are yeast rashes ... under his chin, in other skin folds, knees, ankles, ears, etc.

Hydrocortisone was px by our Ped, which didn't fix anything b/c it would just come back. Then Elidel was px.... until I read that it's NOT to be used for under 2 yo. DS also experienced flu like symptoms and I suspected a headache from the way he was acting (all listed side effects.) I was majorly pissed at our Ped when I started reading more about the Elidel, but really he doesn't know any better. What else can you expect from mainstream dr's.

I finally went to a Naturopath when DS was 8 mo. old, who px'd 1/2 tsp. cod liver oil and 1/2 tsp flax for DS. Probiotics 3x day. 1 cap of quercetin. And a strict Elimination Diet for me and him.

We saw great results and DS's pic in my sig is the direct result of this. The joy of seeing his clear little face was indescribable. When I started testing foods again, I didn't see an immediate reaction, but then all of a sudden, bam, I got thrush and IC pain again... and DS's eczema rash got worse again. That's when it FINALLY proved to me that it was yeast related. Funny thing is that I mentioned it to Ped the VERY first time this happened and he said yeast doesn't cause eczema.

People still don't believe me, and I have yet to see any other info. about this. Our experience has to be more common, I just think I had a special case that enabled me to determine this. (Thrush on nipples plus bladder pain from IC and IBS symptoms really made it clear at the time what was happening... a yeast invasion.) Yeast cells release toxins, maybe it's the toxins that make DS's skin react... like the excruiting pain of IC in the bladder and how very painful thrush is on the nipples.

So after our relapse I went back on the strict Elim. diet, no sugar, wheat, or dairy. Started intensive probiotics and lots of flax and cod liver oil. And that's finally when it worked for us. When I go off the wagon and have some pizza, sugar or something I notice my digestion lets me know and IBS symptoms come back after only one meal. So I probably have to be strict for quite some time, it's very hard but I feel like there's no choice b/c we're not going back to that hell for sure.

I'm currently looking at the www.wholeapproach.com site and thinking about doing a psyllium/bentonite cleanse. It seems like it would be safe for bf'ing because psyllium and bentonite are not absorbed but instead absorb toxins themselves. I would really like not to be so sensitive to foods, which probably means the candida yeast cells are still entreched.

There's gotta be others out there who are experiencing this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 28 Old 03-12-2005, 05:31 PM

"People still don't believe me, and I have yet to see any other info. about this. Our experience has to be more common, I just think I had a special case that enabled me to determine this. (Thrush on nipples plus bladder pain from IC and IBS symptoms really made it clear at the time what was happening... a yeast invasion.) Yeast cells release toxins, maybe it's the toxins that make DS's skin react... like the excruiting pain of IC in the bladder and how very painful thrush is on the nipples."

I believe you JaneS.

For my son, it was diary, chicken, oranges,...We did not treat him topically. We treated him internally, as skin conditions are a result of something going on within the body. Covering the eczema with topical treatments delays healing. And it has to get worse before it gets better.

At 7 months old, my ds#2 was covered from head to toe in eczema. We used homeopathics that his body asked for (using muscle testing my homeopathic doctor helped deterimine that) and after two months (and many sleepness nights), he was clear as a bell. Crazy considering he was in hell just a couple months before.

We continue to see his homeopath for his asthma (he is now off of steroids) and we recheck his avoid foods every time. The foods that he needs to avoid are different every time.

I've typed his story a few times on these boards, but it was a couple of years back. Let me know if you want me to search my old posts for any info.
#3 of 28 Old 03-12-2005, 10:20 PM

I believe you too, Jane, and I applaud you for being so vigilant and so SMART in figuring all of that out! I did a detox diet that included both psyllium and bentonite (and lots of other stuff I prob can't remember) under the supervision of my naturopath before I got pg, and while at the time I didn't think it helped much, I can now look back and see the changes . . . before I had chronic rhinitis and sinus headaches (from dairy, I am now certain), fungal rashes on my skin, and one tenacious eczema patch that would not heal. I had always heard that detoxing wasn't safe while nursing, but my homeopath recently said that's not necessarily true. I'd say if your ND says it's okay, go ahead and try it.

And sadly, I also read in The Yeast Connection that once you get clear of the yeast in your system (by starving it), you can actually *never* go back to eating those starchy, sugary foods. I find that very discouraging.

I think I mentioned to you once before that our whole family had stool analyses done (for ds1's eczema and mine and dh's tinea on our skin) and all came back negative for yeast. I do suspect that this might be the problem for me and ds2, however, bc I still get these fungal rashes that are harmless but annoying, and seem to me to be a sign of being yeasty. I don't have any other yeasty symptoms, however (based on the Yeast Connection books), so it's confusing. And ds2 has NO diaper rashes, none of us have ever had thrush, and no one has had any abx in years . . . except for the bactroban we've had to use recently for ds2's infected cheeks!

But what the hell, I've given up everything already, I may as well go ahead and cut the yeast-food too. Except rice -- argh!

I'm so glad you shared your story and are here as a resource! Thanks!
#4 of 28 Old 03-12-2005, 10:24 PM

P.S. I once thought I had IC, too . . . frequent UT pain and bleeding, which was always treated as an infection but I eventually realized was an allergic reaction to soaps and fragrances, and mysterious pelvic and UT pain. I think mine was probably hormonal, though, bc all cleared up when I finally got pg (at 31, after a 8 yrs of marriage and enjoying being childless!) and has not returned since I started having babies. I also blame a lot of my body's imbalances prior to conceiving on 10 yrs of the pill. Oh, if only I had known!
#5 of 28 Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Jane, next time someone says they don't believe you, direct them here:

http://www.labouroflove.org/health-&...ion-treatment/

Last weekend I spent many hours checking out the candida info on the net. Somewhere I read that bentonite is not that good for you, which surprised me, cause I always thought it was pretty benign. Of course, I don't remember where I read it. But anyway, here are the best sites, IMHO:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...support/files/
You might want to "join" the group just to look at the files. You can always select the No email option. I thought the info here was quite good.

http://www.mall-net.com/mcs/afung.html This one has a lot of suggestions on how to "kill" the yeast

http://web.archive.org/web/200206031...andida.htm#LGS Comprehensive FAQ re candida

Sarah
#6 of 28 Old 03-14-2005, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaOui

I believe you JaneS....

I've typed his story a few times on these boards, but it was a couple of years back. Let me know if you want me to search my old posts for any info.
Thank you

Your story is wonderful. I just found out we have a homeopath IN OUR TOWN. I'm deciding whether to try this or NMT. I just want DS to be normal (and enjoy his swim class b/c previously the chlorine was making him react.) Oh yeah, and maybe eat normal things *once in a while*.

Thank you for giving us some hope.
#7 of 28 Old 03-14-2005, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathe
I believe you too, Jane, and I applaud you for being so vigilant and so SMART in figuring all of that out! I did a detox diet that included both psyllium and bentonite (and lots of other stuff I prob can't remember) under the supervision of my naturopath before I got pg, and while at the time I didn't think it helped much, I can now look back and see the changes . . . before I had chronic rhinitis and sinus headaches (from dairy, I am now certain), fungal rashes on my skin, and one tenacious eczema patch that would not heal. I had always heard that detoxing wasn't safe while nursing, but my homeopath recently said that's not necessarily true. I'd say if your ND says it's okay, go ahead and try it.

And sadly, I also read in The Yeast Connection that once you get clear of the yeast in your system (by starving it), you can actually *never* go back to eating those starchy, sugary foods. I find that very discouraging.

I think I mentioned to you once before that our whole family had stool analyses done (for ds1's eczema and mine and dh's tinea on our skin) and all came back negative for yeast.
Breathe, first of all, you are such a sweet person to make me feel better while you are suffering yourself.
Thank you
I have beaten myself up over this many many times for "doing this" to DS.

There are certain rices that are better for yeast, check the diet lists at Whole Approach.

Re: the yeast question
It's so weird b/c I've only had one or two vaginal y.i. in my entire life and that was many many years ago. I've never had skin rashes at all. It might just effect different people differently but there is very little information on this connection. (Although I see the lovely Sarah has posted some links and I'm off to read those...)

Re: never eating starches again
Well kill me now!!!!! I've got to lick this for good, this is way too hard to keep sticking to this diet. Now that I think about it, it's not until DS weans, I have to get completely over this if I want to conceive another child. Plus the IC issue, I never ever want to experience that severe pain ever again. I just want to eat a damn potato and some bread, forget about sugar (I've gotten used to stevia just fine).
#8 of 28 Old 03-14-2005, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathe
P.S. I once thought I had IC, too . . . I also blame a lot of my body's imbalances prior to conceiving on 10 yrs of the pill. Oh, if only I had known!
Ugh, the pill is one of the risk factors for candida too.

This touches on another issue... my whole experience with this has utterly turned me off of mainstream medicine for good. I have a lot of anger about it too.
#9 of 28 Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahariz
Jane, next time someone says they don't believe you, direct them here:

http://www.labouroflove.org/health-&...ion-treatment/

Last weekend I spent many hours checking out the candida info on the net. Somewhere I read that bentonite is not that good for you, which surprised me, cause I always thought it was pretty benign. Of course, I don't remember where I read it. But anyway, here are the best sites, IMHO:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...support/files/
You might want to "join" the group just to look at the files. You can always select the No email option. I thought the info here was quite good.

http://www.mall-net.com/mcs/afung.html This one has a lot of suggestions on how to "kill" the yeast

http://web.archive.org/web/200206031...andida.htm#LGS Comprehensive FAQ re candida

Sarah
Ooooh, Sarah, those look great, thank you!
This has really made me want to redouble my efforts... I think I have gotten complacent thinking that everything was hunky dory just because DS is not itching and red. And now I realize that we are still far from normal or where I want to be. Thank you for helping me
#10 of 28 Old 03-16-2005, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah re: bentonite

From the last FAQs link you posted:
" Bentonite contains aluminum. Therefore it is not recommended for long term use. "

See last post in this thread though...
http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/u...032#7926060032
#11 of 28 Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wanted to update our story...

Our diets have been excellent for about a year, so it just kept nagging me why we were still plagued by yeast.... it is under control as long as my diet is, but literally if I ate one dessert, I was in agony. It was actually someone from the 'Support for the battle against yeast' thread here that started me thinking about my amalgam fillings being the root cause.

I learned that yeast overgrowth is a protective measure that the body takes when under assault from heavy metals. I have about 10 fillings, and most of them are old... when I first got cavities when I was a teenager.

After lots of research, I decided to get them removed safely by a holistic dentist
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=241750

DS has gone from nursing 4-5x/day to 1-2x with a significant drop in my supply even during those few times. I wanted to wean at 2 yrs anyway and he seems to be taking it very well, I have a lot of help from DH. DS and I are both taking chlorella, vitamin C and eating a lot of sulfur rich foods and homemade kefir. I'm also taking psyllium. And Colon Care tablets rec by my dentist (who is a also a bf'ing mama!)

I have had one quadrant of my mouth worked on so far and it is going very well. DS's skin looks great still and his digestion is great, and his sleeping is (dare I say it) improving.

Oh, and btw... Thank all that is good and holy that I didn't have DS vaxed. I honestly believe he would have gotten an ASD. I shudder when I realized what a bullet we dodged.
#12 of 28 Old 05-06-2005, 08:43 PM

Jane,
I just learned lots from reading your thread. Please keep posting on whether or not removing the fillings improves your health. I have eight fillings and know I need them removed before having another babe. It is frightening when you think of how sensitive our kids symptoms have proved to be and the chance of them having ASD if vaccines had been started or continued. I think about this all the time with dd. Good luck!
#13 of 28 Old 07-09-2005, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Update: all my fililngs are out and I'm looking into detox, but since I'm still bf'ing once a day it will be postponed for a bit. Will probably totally wean DS within the month, he's been doing okay with cutting down nursing pretty quickly. This has been a very very hard decision for me though.

I will probably do Andrew Hall Cutler's protocol "low and slow" with DMPS or DMSA and ALA. Small doses frequently given seem to be the safest.
www.noamalgam.com
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism-Mercury/

Interestingly enough there is what's called a "mercury rash" ... eczema that appears in autistic kids when they start chelating to get the mercury out.

I guess I should be very grateful our digestion is a mess... that means we are getting the metals out.
#14 of 28 Old 07-09-2005, 11:52 PM

IC and IBS are often related.

There is research being done on IC but they still have no clue what causes it. I really think there are different causes as there is no consistancy that has been found.

It could be yeast..I really don't know.

I have IC and no yeast problems.

have you looked at the IC diets on the IC websites? some of them really helped me..I have been on an elimination diet for about a year now. My triggers are preservatives, MSG and citris.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#15 of 28 Old 07-10-2005, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I don't have IC anymore. So whatever I'm doing is working. It cleared up when the yeast cleared up, so that is why I think it was all interrelated. And I will add I never knew I had yeast until I got thrush while bf'ing (and even that came and went too). I had one, maybe two, vaginal y.i. in my entire life.

The pain of IC was absolutely excruciating, I never want to go back there again. How are you doing?
#16 of 28 Old 07-10-2005, 10:38 PM

Wow, keep us posted Jane on your progress. I believe I am in the midst of a similar struggle now. My story is very long, but I will summarize for you: When I was little I had ecsema, constipation, and lots of stomach aches. I have had MANY cavities and silver filings. My mother always suspected flour/dairy, but still ate it. A few years ago I got hives bad and finally figured out it was wheat. My worst problems started in april- premature atrial contractions, swollen glands, floaters in vision, lots of headaches some with sharp pain in the same spot. I am working with a homeopath and naturopath. They told me NOT to cleanse because it would make me much sicker. Naturopath believes its all a big viscous cycle for me that I'm trying to get out of . Lots of allergies, congested liver, messed up thyroid (which her teacher told her is very common right now... something in the environment possibley?). She believes much of this could be from heavy metal poisoning, so I switched dentists and I will not be getting anymore metal filings. I wish I could get mine out, but it would be too much too soon. Please let me know your results from that and I will keep you posted on my progress. to everyone dealing with these frustrating problems, its so hard when MDs think its unrelated and all in your head.
#17 of 28 Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Jess, I really feel for you
Please do keep me posted! What do you have to accomplish health wise before you attempt removal of fillings?

Mercury poisoning can definately effect the thyroid, there is lots of info about that in Cutler's book. You can find a mercury free dentist here http://www.iaomt.org//findmember.cfm
#18 of 28 Old 07-11-2005, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for this discussion! Very briefly - DD had eczema (though not severe) for most of her infancy and toddlerhood (she's 27 mos.), I had thrush and vaginal y.i.s. off and on. After going off all forms of sugar (except fruit), we are free and clear! Now, if I could just stick to the diet! It seems I can be sugar free (mostly grain free too) for 6-7 weeks and then the cravings and feelings of deprivation hit and I fall off the wagon. I've been back on sugar for a few days now, and the yeasties are creeping up. That's how I know it's time to get back on the wagon.

I also sometimes have pain in my left abdomen and was told by a doctor (although, what do they know?) I might have a mild form of IBS. I have noticed that when I'm eating well and controlling my yeast, the pain goes away. However, one meal of pizza (crust and all) or some ice cream and the pain returns. Fortunately, it's mild, but still - I know something is amiss in my diet. I can't handle the refined carbs - even flour seems to be a problem. I do, however, eat some sprouted grain bread with no problems. I also think over-consumption of dairy may be an issue, but if I have to cut out dairy, all the fun in my diet will truly be gone. It's already hard enough with no sweeteners and almost no grains. What's a girl to eat??

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the discussion. I don't know how I missed this thread when it was started. I, too, am looking into my fillings as a final step in this healing process.
#19 of 28 Old 07-11-2005, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Thank you

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I don't have IC anymore. So whatever I'm doing is working. It cleared up when the yeast cleared up, so that is why I think it was all interrelated. And I will add I never knew I had yeast until I got thrush while bf'ing (and even that came and went too). I had one, maybe two, vaginal y.i. in my entire life.

The pain of IC was absolutely excruciating, I never want to go back there again. How are you doing?
it cleared up? Like totally?

HHmm..well IC is an autoimmune disease, like many autoimmune diseases pregnancy can send it into remission. Also the hormones produced by BF can extend that. Some never have an onset after pregnancy but well..it is such a weird disease and everyone is different.

it is interesting you went into remission after treatment for yeast. That is really incredible.

I am currently on a drug combo of atarax, wellbutrin and elmiron as well as crazy elimination diet. It is helping but I am still having pain issues. It kind of got out of hand before it was discovered what I had and well...I had gotten far into ulcer stage.

That is strange...maybe I will talk to my Dr who I see next week about yeast. I will try anything. :LOL and he is actually researching the disease so perhaps he will know more.

#20 of 28 Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 AM

HHmm...interesting

I am finding some info on it at the IC network by searching their boards..it seems that is one theory and one that some have tried with success and some with none.

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/index.php?

#21 of 28 Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy
it cleared up? Like totally?

HHmm..well IC is an autoimmune disease, like many autoimmune diseases pregnancy can send it into remission. Also the hormones produced by BF can extend that. Some never have an onset after pregnancy but well..it is such a weird disease and everyone is different.

it is interesting you went into remission after treatment for yeast. That is really incredible.

I am currently on a drug combo of atarax, wellbutrin and elmiron as well as crazy elimination diet. It is helping but I am still having pain issues. It kind of got out of hand before it was discovered what I had and well...I had gotten far into ulcer stage.

That is strange...maybe I will talk to my Dr who I see next week about yeast. I will try anything. :LOL and he is actually researching the disease so perhaps he will know more.
Yup, totally cleared up. Only flared when I got thrush on my nipples. I'm back to being a camel and not having to go every hr. (or more) like I used to.

The intestines are 70% of your immune system... so it makes sense that the good bacteria there would do something in autoimmune diseases. Perhaps it's because I've been megadosing with probiotics too. Meaning, it's not the yeast that's causing it, but the lack of the necessary probiotics to synthesize something or another.

The whole function of the intestinal "garden" is very complex, do you know in an adult probiotics can weigh up to 3 lbs! It's like another organ, so I don't know why in the world conventional medicine ignores it. So much is not understood... for example, K and B vitamins are produced in the gut by probiotics. I just wonder if it's something like a deficiency that effects the immune system. But of course bacteria and yeasts produces toxins too, could be that as well.

I hope your Dr. is open to discussing, please report back!
#22 of 28 Old 07-11-2005, 06:59 PM

I believe you,I had the same thing like that back in 1996,the only one that got me well was a diagnostic nutritionist.I still have to take a load of probiotics to keep the bacteria under control,but I was pretty sick back in 1996,mainstream doctors only know prescibed meds,and they know nothing about taking care of stuff like this.
#23 of 28 Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

DS and I have started the Specific Carbohydrate Diet to change our intestinal flora for good:

www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info
http://www.pecanbread.com/scdscience.html

We are eating fruit, veggies (no corn or potato), eggs, meat, poultry, wild salmon, nut butters and nut flour, honey, coconut cream concentrate, coconut oil and coconut milk. Also fermented veggies. I'm on raw milk kefir & yogurt, raw cheese & raw butter. DS is still non-dairy but is getting an acidophilus supplement for now 'til I can perfect coconut or nut milk kefir or yogurt. No grains.

I have never felt better.
I have noticed significant changes in DS as well.

I'm now reading The Maker's Diet and planning a fast/cleanse before I start chelation. Waiting for hair tests to come back for both of us re: mercury and other heavy metals and mineral status.
#24 of 28 Old 08-19-2005, 09:53 PM

Hi Jane, Glad to hear you're doing so well! I've missed chatting with you, but am always glad to see your posts pop up -- I always learn something!

After reading some of your suggestions and perusing web sites you referenced, I finally tried the Dr. Michael Murray enzymes and THAT is what finally cleared up ds2's red cheeks! I can now eat nuts, tomatoes, and corn again, and even some egg. (They do not prevent a flare-up with wheat or dairy, however.) And his face is jsut bee-yoo-ti-ful!

So yes, the question remains, WHY do *I* need proteolytic enzymes in order to make safe breastmilk for my babies?!?! That will be my next quest -- to heal my own gut, as you say -- but I am encouraged . . . one osteopath I talked with recently said it could because of undiagnosed food allergies that have left my gut in a mess, so at least I can hope that my boys won't experience the same lifelong mystery ailments. And I will refer to your many posts as I start to examine my own GI health -- you're paving such a great path for the rest of us!

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, but did want to thank you again for keeping us aprised of your progress . . . I look forward to learning more from you!
#25 of 28 Old 08-19-2005, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Breathe!

It's lovely to "see" you and I'm THRILLED to hear about your babe's progress!

And Thank You for making me feel so good tonight with your kind comments.

Start reading here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=295112

And then go to the Gut Healing Tribe.

Like most of us here, I really do not think you have "food allergies" per se... your intestines cannot break down the food properly, and there are causitive factors for this... not some mysterious unchangeable "food allergy". Our guts are broken and are not working the way they are supposed to.

You'll know more of what I'm talking about when you start reading. I feel like I've gained so much more of an understanding of this issue in the last couple months and am so much more certain that this is a very VERY common issue.... colicky babies, eczema, dairy allergies, etc. etc.

And the interesting thing is that I never would have discovered all this if not for bf'ing :

Wheat and dairy proteins are the big bad proteins to break down. Also pasteurized milk and non soaked grains are even that much harder to digest. Have you tried a hydrocholoric acid supplement with your protein meals? Stomach acid is what starts to break down proteins, Sarah was just mentioning food combining in the GH Tribe thread. I use Country Life Betaine HCI and I notice a difference.
#26 of 28 Old 09-19-2005, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

#27 of 28 Old 01-31-2006, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

I saw someone mention IC lately and now I cannot find her...
#28 of 28 Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 AM

I have never had children but I have IC, exzema, and IBS! Started with IC over 25 years ago, took 4 years of hell and lots of operations & DRs before a friend saw IC on tv show. I was in horrible pain all these years. Then my husband was dx with Lewy Body Dementia and died after 8 years. I started getting the IBS and exzema during that time frame. My own illness plus 24/7 care for him and the stress was really bad. I have been dairy and gluten free for 4 months now and limited sugar since January. Good probiotics for 2 months and a "swatty potty" I found on Amazon.com which is so great!! I am slowly getting out of pain. Yes it all goes together. Big life style changes but so worth it to have pain free times!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page