Renal tubular acidosis? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-03-2005, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Dd had her 15-month check up last Wednesday. We have always had growth issues with her but now her hight and wight have fallen off the curve so the Dr said it was time to run some blood work to see if there is anything wrong. Getting blood drawn out of a baby is just awful. They couldn't find a vain so they pricked her finger and squeezed it into the tube. My poor Dd was going crazy. I was just dying. Well the Dr called back on Friday and said they didn't get enough blood for all the test they wanted to run and the test that did come back showed acid in her blood and her electrolytes were low. They are suspecting Renal tubular acidosis. They want to run the test again on Monday along with a urine test. Does anybody have any experience with RTA? Thank you for any info. I'm not looking forward to more blood draws and worried sick about my sweet little baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page