Mothering Forum banner

CIO and ear infections?

628 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nichole 
#1 ·
I'm really not sure where to put this. I would like to know if anyone has any information on whether there have been any studies done that correlate ear infections with CIO. It seems fairly intuitive to me that both the immune system impairment associated with the stress as well as wet ears would make it a likely result. Has anyone ever heard this before?

#2 ·
Wow...that does make a lot of sense, but I doubt it's ever been proven. I've read most of the papers in the "Family Bed and Nightime Parenting" forum about CIO, and don't recall anything of the sort.
But I doubt a study on it has ever been thought of before...
I'd guess a big factor, in addition to immune suppression and wet ears, all that snotty drainage would cause a problem....

#4 ·
i know i don't know THAT many ppl, but i have thought this before based on the ppl i know. most of the ppl i know who are very strict about cio will be putting tubes in their children's ears b/c they get so many ear infections-not all of them ff either. i know my in laws didn't even use antibiotics for ear infections. they would just sleep with their baby on their chest so the fluid could drain or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.