Pressure treated splinter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2005, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter, 5.5, freaks completely re: any splinters. Well she sat down on my mama's pressure treated porch, which tends to be splintery, and got 2 huge slivers of wood stuck straight into her buttock. She screamed and grabbed and wriggled but finally allowed me to yank them out -- well one is very angrily red, about 1.5" diameter, hard, and extremely sensitive (thogh it's hard to tell re: sensitive with her -- she screams when she *thinks* you're going to touch a splinter!) And, it's right where she sits. I've got her soaking in the tub as warm as is reasonable for her, and I'm going to put some antibacterial ointment and a bandaid on, but I can't leave it on there as it will get poopy tomorrow. I'm going to have her hotpack it (sit he ron a warm rice bag whiel she watches TV -- no problem there keeping her immobile!) tomorrow and my hus band, who's a nurse, is coming over to look at it.

What can I do for her? The splinter is not visible; it was pretty big as far as splinters go (like I said, closer to sliver size) and pressure treated to boot, though the porch is nearly 10 years old at this point.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An herbal solution to you problem is this:

Coat the area with a carrier oil such as olive, grapeseed or almond oil.

Slice a very thin piece of fresh garlic and place over the insertion point of the sliver.

Cover with a bandage and leave overnight.

In the AM, uncover and more than likely the garlic will have drawn out the sliver, since its a natural drawing agent and its naturally antibacterial to boot so it fights infection..

User Tag List