Duct tape can cure warts! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-18-2002, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw this on the news and decided to try it on two plantar warts on my feet.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/821157.asp?0si=-

After one day I removed the tape and one wart had shrunk down a lot and I was able to use a pumice stone to remove the dead part of it! The other one doesn't look much different. In high school I got a bunch of warts on my elbows and ankles and had to endure many sessions of liquid nitrogen burning and then the warts would blister up and cause scarring. It was so painful. I got a bunch on my face too, little ones the size of pimples, and they were removed with a Retin-A treatment which was also painful.

I wish they had thought of this sooner. Not sure if it's the glue or lack of oxygen but it seems to be working and I thought I'd pass it on.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#2 of 5 Old 10-18-2002, 03:18 AM

I have another remedy for warts: banana peels.

When I was a little girl I once had 3 warts on my hand and I would save a banana peel in the refrigerator. I would rub the inside of the peel every time I got something from the refrigerator.

It took maybe a week, but it worked.
#3 of 5 Old 10-18-2002, 03:30 AM

Knew a lady who claimed potato peels work as well. Think it took a bit longer than a week though. She would place the potato peel over the wart at bedtime (with a bandaid I think she said) and leave it on all night long.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#4 of 5 Old 10-18-2002, 01:20 PM

I heard the banana peel one too, and it worked for my plantars warts!
#5 of 5 Old 10-19-2002, 12:37 AM

Yes, I heard this on NPR.
Apparently they think it works because it causes an irritation at the site which causes the body's immune system to zone in on the wart and take care of it. Apparently, more studies are going to be done to find out why

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page