Apeheresis donation and BFing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-26-2002, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I made an appt to donate platelets and when I got there I noticed on one of the forms that they add an anti-coagulant to the blood before it goes back into your body. Since I BF my 6 month old part-time I asked about the drug and whether it was safe. They didn't have an answer for me. They called 4 different people and they "think" that it stays in your blood for 24 hours and that I couldn't BF. I told them that I would pump and dump till it is out of my system and that it was really no big deal. They refused to let me donate, told me I had to reschedule and talk to the director of the blood center.

Since they didn't know how long it stays in your system, I planned on researching it when I got home.

I guess I am a little frustrated by this. Does anyone know how long the drug stays in your system?

They sure do make it hard to do a good thing!!!!!!!!

Vanessa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page