Need some ideas--trying to realign an ovary... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2002, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having weird pelvic pains, saw my Gyne on Fri., had an ultra-sound and found out why i've been having pains. My left ovary has prolapsed behind my uterus and i just found out that i have polycystic ovary syndrome. I dont really think the 2 are related; i just had the misfortune to find out about both at the same time. I looked thru the archives here and found a great link to a PCOS support board and am learning a lot about that over there.

Anyways, i'm thinking that there must be some way of encouraging my wandering ovary to go back up to where its supposed to be. I'm thinking yoga might help but i'm not really sure which poses to concentrate on (i've only ever used videos in the past). I'm also thinking massage might help, but that it might be difficult to actually get deep enough to do anything. Any other ideas?

The doc wants to go in and do a laparoscope if the pain hasnt improved in a couple of months. I really want to try to get my body to straighten itself out without going thru something so invasive if i can avoid it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2002, 12:04 AM

You may try osteopathy.

I had bad back pain and really awful cramping each month... seems like I had some adhesions from my CS scar (11 years ago... long time of suffering without knowing...) My osteopath told me there was some manipulation they can do (not all osteopaths are trained for that... and in some place it can be "illegal" ) and he refered me to another osteo (a woman) for it.

Valérie   
Old 10-28-2002, 10:35 AM

Provided your back is in good condition, any of the bridge postures are great for the reproductive organs.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I had never heard of osteopathy before, but it sounds interesting. Gotta dig out my yoga book and find some good bridge poses too

User Tag List