Turning 1 & her 1st ear infection - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2002, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello
My daughter is turning one tommorrow but the lil trooper has a bi lateral ear infection. This is her first ear infection and she gets it in both ears Any suggestions for her comfort. Our dr. put her on amoxacillian People have told me since she nurses to sleep that could cause her ear infection due to milk in her mouth when she sleep ??? Do you know if this is valid???
Please help...thanks
#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2002, 09:26 PM

We had lots of ear infections. I quit using the amox and started using garlic drops. That's a natural antibiotic and it doesn't kill gut flora. Or you can make some. 1/4 cup olive oil. dice a clove of garlic finely, put in olive and let set for several hours. Put a couple of drops in each ear.

Also, after giving antibiotics please give your child some yogurt to help heal the gut from the drugs.

Docs will tell you nursing causes ear infections. Maybe it does. So does vaccinations, esp. DPT, but they don't tell you that.
#3 of 4 Old 10-29-2002, 09:49 PM

The jaw movement during nursing actually *helps* the fluid drain from ears. If you're looking for natural remedies, I ditto the ear oil, check the ear candling thread (relieves pressure amazingly well), as does a chiropractic adjustment (straightens the estachian (sp?) tubes so the fluid drains. While your dear is nursing you can massage the tubes, rub downward from behind her ear down her neck, this should get things moving. poor baby

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2002, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for all your replys you all help so much on this forum....thanks again and looking forward to more advice.
much love...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page