Waking up w/puffy, swollen lips - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-19-2005, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and face... and just an allover feeling of being really puffy. When I get up I can visibily see that my face and especially my eyes and lips are really big. It doesn't happen all the time (like every morning) but rather comes and goes. When it comes it happens for like a week at a time. Could it be somethng I am eating? Could it be related to my heart problem? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have lupus, right? Could it be related to that? My dh has SLE and gets that "all over puffy feeling" like you described. He gets it in his face, neck, chest, under his arms... His shirt necks are all stretched out because he's constantly pulling at them. Have you heard of angioedema? Dh has had episodes of that and had to have cortisone injections. I know that the sun can trigger lupus flares, and dh definitely has more swelling when it's hot/sunny even w/o direct exposure. Sorry you're dealing w/ this.
#3 of 3 Old 06-20-2005, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadmom
You have lupus, right? Could it be related to that? My dh has SLE and gets that "all over puffy feeling" like you described. He gets it in his face, neck, chest, under his arms... His shirt necks are all stretched out because he's constantly pulling at them. Have you heard of angioedema? Dh has had episodes of that and had to have cortisone injections. I know that the sun can trigger lupus flares, and dh definitely has more swelling when it's hot/sunny even w/o direct exposure. Sorry you're dealing w/ this.
Yes, we have all but the formal diagnoses of SLE for me. (Docs couldn't agree if it was just SLE or a mix of Auto-immune/ connective tissue diseases. More like Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder...) I was thinking it could be related to that as well. My hands puff up so often around the joints that I almost don't notice now, but in my face is new. The sun is BIG issue for me, even with sunscreen, and it makes summer outdoor fun such a pain in the booty.

Perhaps it's even the temp that is getting to me? It feels like my bottom lip has been fat all day. Dh says he can see it but it's not like freakishly bad fortunately. Thanks for the response. I hope your Dh is having a cool, flare free summer so far

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page