Puffy fingers-water retention - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-23-2005, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed my fingers have been swollen lately; I haven't been able to take my wedding ring off for over a week now, and my feet feel huge too. What could be causing this? I'm definitely not pregnant, and when I've been pregnant I've never had any problems with water retention; my ring was loose then. I'm not PMS'ing either; just had AF last week. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal and I don't think it's changed. I've been drinking dandelion tea for the last two days, any other remedies I should try?
#2 of 8 Old 05-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutemandolin
I've noticed my fingers have been swollen lately; I haven't been able to take my wedding ring off for over a week now, and my feet feel huge too. What could be causing this? I'm definitely not pregnant, and when I've been pregnant I've never had any problems with water retention; my ring was loose then. I'm not PMS'ing either; just had AF last week. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal and I don't think it's changed. I've been drinking dandelion tea for the last two day
s, any other remedies I should try?
hi my name's jan, i've just come across this site by accident. I was very interested in your question about water retention in the fingers and feet, as i have the same problem. Did you get a reply or have you had a diagnosis? please e mail me I am getting pretty desperate - nothing seems to work for me. regards jan liucas. My blood pressure is very low also.
#3 of 8 Old 05-13-2006, 09:04 PM

I'm taking Natrum Mur for an excess fluid issue while I've been pregnant. It says on the bottle it is used for among other things, water retention. It helped me tons with my puffiness for this pregnancy. I take 4 tablets, every 6 hours of the 6X strength. Hope that helps. It's a homeopathic. I found mine at Vitacost.com, it's made by Hylands. THere are stronger strengths you can get also from other sites or stores.
#4 of 8 Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan lucas View Post
hi my name's jan, i've just come across this site by accident. I was very interested in your question about water retention in the fingers and feet, as i have the same problem. Did you get a reply or have you had a diagnosis? please e mail me I am getting pretty desperate - nothing seems to work for me. regards jan liucas. My blood pressure is very low also.
Jan, I too have the same problem of water retention, but only in my fingers. They are not painful, except when I wake up to my rings so tight on my fingers that they cut right into me. I had never retained water before I started menopause, and the diuretic the doctor put me on worked for awhile. Now, however, the swelling has gotten worse and nothing seems to help. Let me know if you have found out a cause or a solution. Thanks -- Alice
#5 of 8 Old 10-09-2006, 02:05 PM

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#6 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 AM

I don't know what is causing it for you; I'm pregnant so I know mine is from the pregnancy.

My friend who is training as a manicurist taught me this lymphatic drainage technique that instantly makes my hand swelling go away. I have yet to try it on my feet, but it apparently can be done the same way.

Starting about 2-3 inches up, you pinch the webbed area between your thumb and pointer finger as hard as you can and slowly slide your "pinch" downward until your fingers slide off of the webbed area. Repeat on area between each finger on each hand. Repeat if necessary.

HTH.

Kathy.
#7 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 AM

Water, water, WATER!! Drink more than you think is enough. Also, people tell you not to overdue salt, but be careful not to avoid it either, does that make sense? Hth...

Sarah
#8 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Dandelion tea with cornsilk tea is a good combo to use. 3 cups daily.Also, enhance your adrenal activity to regulate salt and water balance, try Nature's Path TRACE-MIN-LYTE with sea greens for mineral balance.Be very careful about chem/med diuretics, they cause potassium and mineral loss, and eventually cause muscle weakness and fatigue.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page