Infant Reflux & Probiotics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-22-2005, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm plodding my way through the probiotics hread in the health forum, but so far it's not beneficial to me. I already know that probiotics are likely to solve my 8 week old son's colicky symptoms, reflux and feeding issues. But I don't know what time frame I'm looking for. We just started him on a baby acidopholus last night, and while I do see a marked difference already in his behavior between feedings, I'm wondering how long I should wait for his behavior to change *during* feedings. His pediatrician has rec'd (and provided samples of) Enfamil Nutramigen. I'm reluctant to change his formula yet again (we're on #3) until I've given the probiotic a chance to work it's wonders. But at the same time I don't want my son to suffer anymore discomfort and distress than he already has.

So in a nutshell - what kind of time frame am I looking at? A few days, a week or more? I'm willing to wait it out, especially b/c the though of putting my infant son on Zantac just really turns me off....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 AM

I would give it one to two weeks. You're already seeing a behavior change so that is a good sign. Probiotics are only beneficial to your babe.

Good luck,
#3 of 4 Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, we're on day 5 and seem to have stalled out in the improvement arena. I'm wondering if he has a milk/dairy allergy and that's why we're still having so much trouble. I hate to switch formulas again, but it may be worth it.
#4 of 4 Old 07-26-2005, 01:07 PM

I'd suggest posting on the allergy forum. The mamas are very helpful at solving allergy problems.

Peace,

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page