Infantigo!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-03-2005, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

my FIL's DW has caught infantigo (inpantigo) and we need some info about it. she doesnt have a computer, and her doctor was no help, (told her, "yeah, that's infantigo...we've seen it alot lately. here's a prescription for creme for it, apply it 2x/day for 10 days. have a nice afternoon." ),they did find out that it has spread to her bloodstream. she also has strepthroat and several cold sores at the moment, so he gave her oral antibiotics for her throat and abreva for her cold sores.

I'm doing research for her and trying to figure out what this is, since they have no computer and her Dr sucks. so far, I found that its a staph infection, it is spread through skin/skin contact, swimming pools, towels, and sheets. She just stayed at a hotel last weekend and said she didnt think the sheets were clean, and she also swam in the pool there. she also went tanning before they went to the hotel, and used one of the tanning bed's towels.

basically, we're looking for more information about how to not spread it to other ppl, and how to keep from re-infecting yourself.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Christy,
do you mean "impetigo"? or "intertrigo"?
for impetigo, here is a website that might help
http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti.../impetigo.html
for intertrigo
http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/intertrigo.html
I hope these links help.
Good luck
Tannis
Shekinah 5/10/04 :

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#3 of 5 Old 08-09-2005, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
My ds has had impetigo several times and our pediatrician said that washing his diapers in hot water was enough - our water heater is set to about 150 degrees. When I wash towels, sheets, diapers, I use this hot water and it doesn't spread. It will continue to live on your skin no matter what, though, and is normal.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#4 of 5 Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM

It's just a staph infection on the skin. It spreads like wildfire in daycares and preschools, and I've never seen anyone treat it with anything other than the antibiotic cream. Kids should not go to school, daycare, or camp until it heals up (pink, not crusty or scabby).

It's just a bacteria, so it's realitively easy to get rid of - just a standard wash and dry is just fine. Wipe down surfaces with a little soap and water (or those clorox wipes if you're really anal).

It sounds like your SMIL is really sick - she has a more systemic issue going. It's possible that she didn't pick it up anywhere at all, but having strep throat made her so sick that her skin's own staph got out of hand. I would not neccesarily suggest that to her, though, if she really wants to think it was the hotel. :

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#5 of 5 Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

well, theres 2 different ones, staph and strep, she got the strep one, which caused her strep throat, or so they say.

she is convinced it was the hotel....there is no reasoning w/ her about it, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page