seborrheic dermatitis_treatment??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-05-2002, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's driving me crazy and i don't want to use medicated ointment because i'm ttc.

anyone know if the special diets work: no yeast, sugar, caffiene, etc. i'd hate to give up bread! but would be willing to try it to get rid of the itching and scaling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-05-2002, 09:46 PM

could anything here possible help you?

http://www.candidapage.com/
#3 of 4 Old 12-06-2002, 12:49 PM

I have it too. Diet changes will help, but its very specific to you, for me, avoiding wheat is what works (switched to spelt). Maybe try eliminating one thing at a time for a week or two and see what happens?
:
Another thing that really helps me is to rinse my head/affected areas with watered down organic apple cider vinegar, after shampooing/conditioning - make sure its the last thing on your head. I lightly rinse it out so I don't smell like vineger all day. It really does help me quite a bit - I also use really gentle baby shampoo which has also made a difference.
Hope this helps!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-09-2002, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

the candida site is facinating. it reminded me that i actually have been tested for a yeast allergy by a doctor but didn't know why. now i do! i tested neg though. whew!

i've never heard of the cider vinegar trick but am willing to try anything. will white vinegar work the same or does it have to be cider? i'm just worried about attracting insects

~jen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page