Help my sister please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-16-2005, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My younger sister has had a really rough couple of years. She had her tonsils out due to constant infections. Now she's plagued with sinus infections every couple of months. On top of all that, every month about 7 to 10 days after her period (with heavy cramps) she is getting what would seem like the flu, sort of. Constipation (really bad), throwing up, fever, can't sleep, incredibly weepy and the feeling like she is getting a UTI. She spent 4 hours at the dr today, getting tests and xrays and they came up with "well, some women have trouble getting back to normal after their period". They sent her home with an enema and told her to come back tomorrow.

So, any ideas on what could be causing all of this? Any advice wise mamas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-17-2005, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like she needs to boost her immunity and help her gut. If she isn't into natural healing and organic foods I would start slow as not to overwhelm her. If she eats yoghurt I would try to get her to eat a cup twice to thrice per day (Stoneyfield is best, but Dannon will do the job and still have live good bacteria). The probiotics (good bacteria literally meaning "pro life") in the yoghurt will start to recolonize her gut which will improve digestion, improve immune system function, and help with yeast overgrowth . Serotonin (the "happy" neurotransmitter is made in your gut, but can be low if the gut is damaged from anything esp. repeat abx). This could be why she is weepy. I could give you a million other suggestions, but this is the first, easiest, and cheapest step and if she sees improvement she may be willing to take another step. It would be great for her to cut out processed foods, sugar, and "white foods", but that would probably be way too much of a life change right away.

Peace,

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page