Mothering Forum banner

My 5mo has had a fever for over a month... ideas?

462 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  alegna 
#1 ·
Davy has had a low-grade (99.5 - 100.2) fever every time over the last month and a half that we have thought to take his temperature. We had a well-baby appt last week for his 4mo vax (we selectively vax and are overdue) and I decided to skip since he had a 100 temp the night before and was 99.6 at the appt. The doc told me I just have a hot baby and that any core temp (rectal) under 100.4 can be considered normal. He was comfortable vax'ing that day (figure that) and I suggested we do a quick cbc to see and then I'd reschedule the next week. He did look in his ears and his throat - both fine. They heel-pricked and processed the blood in the office. Iron came back low as did two other things I don't know much about and 2 L-things came back high at around 86-something (he said they had to do with the immune system). He then put him on the yucky baby liquid vitamin. I am far from being a nurse/doc, but it doesn't seem right to just have a "hot" baby. Any advice or ideas? Are there really "just hot" babies?

#2 ·
Yes, you can have just a "HOT" baby but I would hold off.

Your little one is young why does it have low iron? Has he looked into why?

I would worry about your child having something else going on.

Also are you taking his temp only at night? At night your body temp can be high. You need to check and chart his temp true out the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.