Bacterial Vaginosis.......HELP!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 10-06-2005, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not a pleasant topic, but I have had reoccurances of this since my first one about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Any natural remedies? Please help! I had them all throughout my last two pg's and I now have one and I'm on my second round of treatment for it! What's wrong with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-07-2005, 03:03 AM

hi ,
what does your gynaec say... ? what medications are you taking . i too had this problem sometime back but after taking cefoxitin it cam under control.
this is an antibacterial medication .
cefoxitin indications. :They kill bacteria by interfering with the ability of bacteria to form cell walls. The bacteria therefore break up and die. Cefoxitin is given by injection or infusion, and is generally used in severe infections or before an operation to prevent infection after surgery.This antibiotic only treats bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold, flu).
this medicine gave me immediate relief.
#3 of 11 Old 10-07-2005, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Well my obgyn I don't see a whole lot, it's usually the practitioner there b/c I was in every week for this with my dd b/c of contracting. The only symptoms I would have would be discharge and contracting, no odor. So with last pg, ds, I noticed it less and said nothing to them b/c the obgyn said it isn't uncommon to have reoccurance or trouble clearing these in pg and they usually just subside on their own after birth. Well that was the case with dd. Now with ds they didn't diagnose until the end when they checked my cervix and noticed dishcharge. He's 3 mo and I was having discharge with no other symptoms so I treated for yeast and then when it didn't go away I called in and asked for bv treatment and they rx'd Cleocin Ovules (qty 3). After full course of treatment I still had discharge and started to notice some change in odor that was not yet what I would describe as the typical "fishy" but not normal for me. So I called back in and the rx'd Clindeese. It's a one time dose intravaginally. That was two days ago tonight and so I'll need to wait and see. I am bfing so treatments are limited I guess to creams unless absolutely neccessary. That's why I was wondering if there was a naturopath that had any suggestions? I guess it could be something else. The discharge seems to be heavy at times and really yellow. Thick like yeast and odorless, like I said I just noticed a change in odor after the Cleocin that wasn't "fishy" but not normal for me. I hope that every thing got out after I had ds. I had a c-section with him so I just assumed they got what they needed to out. But I did bleed for a full 6 wks with him and at the end it was yellow like this discharge now? I had nevere had that with the other 2 and I usually only bled for 2 wks. So I'm not sure what the deal is

#4 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Maybe Susun Weed has something to offer in her Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Years? Or Prescription for Nutritional Healing?

All the best healing up!
#5 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 03:02 PM

I wish you luck.

All I can say is don't mess around with this. Keep getting treated, trying different things, until its gone. I let mine go too long (for various reasons) and beween that and something else, ended up with PID. I was TERRIBLY sick with that, vomiting constantly, finally sleeping for 24 hours straight, and then took days to recover. And I kept getting reoccurences, though not to that extent. Finally I was told a hysterectomy was in my very near future and they were going to try ONE MORE COURSE of meds. Thankfully, that cleared it up. Then 2 different docs told me my fallopian tubes were too scarred to conceive again (I already had three kids). Though, they were very wrong, as I'm now pregnant with my 5th.

But don't play around with this stuff. I don't suggest doing this while pregnant, but I did have some success douching with a VERY mild teatree solution (just a few drops) but ALSO the prescrip meds the doctor was prescribing.

I continued having mild reoccurences of BV for several years, but finally, I haven't had any in probably 3 years now.
#6 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had problems with BV for a few months after d was born. what finally cleared it up for me was 4 days of garlic suppositories every night (just a whole, peeled, unknicked garlic clove), and hydrogen peroxide (diluted) douches every evening for 6 days- bv bacteria is anaerobic and the oxygen in hydrogen peroxide kills it. plus acidophilus and lots of fermented foods to replace the bacteria. also i stopped using latex condoms and that seemed to help a LOT. if you use lube, check and make sure it is non-bacteriostatic, because if it isnt, it is killing your normal flora which leaves you open to bv/yeast. also, dont wash your vulva with soap- use plain water or a diluted apple cider vinegar wash. you can add a few drops of tea tree oil to your vinegar wash too.

hth!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#7 of 11 Old 02-17-2006, 03:33 PM

Reviving this thread to ask a question--hope homemademama or someone can answer!

Do you know what was it about latex condoms that seemed to aggravate the problem? Was it the spermicide? The latex? What alternative bc did you use?

TIA!
#8 of 11 Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM

Bacterial Vaginitis/Vaginosis

BEST and FASTEST method of healing Bacterial Vaginosis is to douche with 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/2 water. If condition is severe, douche a few times per day for 2 to 3 days...infection should subside. It is good to make it a habit to douche Hydrogen Peroxide/Water once every week or week 1/2 once healed in order to continue optimal health and cleanliness. Also, it is very good to make it a habit to take Folic Acid and Lactobacillus Acidophilus. These vitamin supplements are Very easy to find (Rite Aide/Walgreens/CVS/Walmart) and Very inexpensive.

When I suffered with this condition for about 1 year & 1/2...I was so depressed as none of the natural home remedies seemed to work. I found this method that I have written above to be the Fastest, Lasting and Most Effective cure without a doubt! I HAD A SEVERE CASE OF BV AND NOTICED A REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE AFTER THE FIRST USE!!!! It's a Miracle cure. We underestimate the extensive healing properties of something so simple and extremely accessible as Hydrogen Peroxide...and it is Completely safe!

:Your days of BV are Gone!!:
#9 of 11 Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Lactobacillus in the vagina is designed to produce hydrogen peroxide naturally and this is what defends against BV and yeast. Make sure you follow up with probiotic implantation for a long term cure.

Not all probiotic supplements are effective.
The strains in Jarrow Fem-dophilus has been shown in studies to specifically colonize the vagina.
Natren GyNaTren is a suppository and oral treatment.
#10 of 11 Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM

I used to suffer from repeat bv infections until I stopped using tampons. I haven't had one since I stopped and that was 9 years ago.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/articles/user-agreement

#11 of 11 Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Home remedies for BV

I first had BV at the age of 17. My mother told me about yogurt as a natural treatment to get rid of BV. Yogurt is well known for antibacterial properties.
Directions:
Use a tampon to apply yogurt inside your vagina for few hours. Perform twice per day.
Consume yogurt on a daily basis.
Now I rarely have BV come back.
Here are many other remedies that will be useful for you: https://authorityremedies.com/home-r...ial-vaginosis/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page