#1 of 1 Old 01-08-2002, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only. Mothering Boards
Alternative and Complementary Medicine Archive
Rescue Remedy?

This topic was originally posted in this forum: Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Author Topic: Rescue Remedy?
Mom2Abi
Member posted 11-13-2000 12:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A family in our Bradley class recommended Rescue Remedy for virtually everything, and my husband has used it for stress relief.
However, I was wondering if anyone here knows 1)if it's safe for babies (my dd is 13 months) and 2)if you've used it with your own children.

Thanks!
Mom2Abi

Sparrow
Moderator posted 11-13-2000 01:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny you should ask... My son, Indigo, just fell over and banged his head on the bottom part of my desk chair. He is 9 1/2 months, and pretty active. Anyway, out came the rescue remedy, and like magic, the crying stops. I only give him one drop. Whenever he bangs himself, i'll get out the bottle and he calms down and opens up wide. It really seems to help.

Mom2Abi
Member posted 11-13-2000 01:52 PM
Thanks! I've thought about giving some to Abi but wasn't sure. Next booboo, I'll give it a try!
Has anyone tried it for soothing teething pain before bedtime (instead of giving Tylenol or Advil)?

Mom2Abi

kellyts@netzero.net
Member posted 11-13-2000 04:37 PM
MomtoAbi,
Hylands teething tablets!!! Omigosh! I do not know how I would get through this baby/toddler thing without homeopathics. Also chammomile tablets are darn good to. Check local health food store for those or ask your local food store if they carry 'natural remedies'. The hylands you can get just about anywhere. Good luck

bellesmom
Member posted 11-13-2000 06:39 PM
So it would be okay to take Rescue Remedy for stress while breast feeding?

lholm
Member posted 11-13-2000 11:03 PM
I've also seen a recommendation to rub some RR onto the childs forehead.Actually, I might just do that right now, and maybe take some myself.It's 1 am and we're up- teething combined with a cold-I think I might be in for an allnighter!

lholm
Member posted 11-13-2000 11:06 PM
I've also seen a recommendation to rub some RR onto the childs forehead.Actually, I might just do that right now, and maybe take some myself.It's 1 am and we're up- teething combined with a cold-I think I might be in for an allnighter!

melissa
Member posted 11-14-2000 06:32 AM
With my doctor's blessing, I've taken rescue remedy while breastfeeding and have noticed no ill effects. I have occasionally taken it directly on the tongue, but usually dilute in water, which reduces the alcohol content, and sip periodically. I don't give it to my children orally, but put a drop or two on the cheeks, or, as doctor recommended, on pulse points, such as temples or inner wrists. Works well.
[This message has been edited by melissa (edited 11-14-2000).]

Momtwice
Member posted 11-14-2000 09:46 AM
What does Rescue Remedy do for stressed out ADULTS?

jenna day
Member posted 11-14-2000 10:54 AM
We use RR a lot around here, it was great during my labor! Our vet even reccommends it for our dog and cats before we bring them in, and it actually does the trick! I haven't heard of the pulse point or forehead thing but we'll give it a try next time, our youngest son dosen't seem to care for the taste, I just love that stuff!!!

cara
Member posted 11-18-2000 05:42 PM
I used it when Kile was 7 months. We were going on a 16 hour car ride. As soon as we got in the car, I gave him a dose, and he slept the whole way!!! Exept for nursing. But he did not complain. And he did not act druged when he woke up!!

madolyn
Junior Member posted 11-18-2000 08:46 PM
I took RR to help with the "baby blues" after DD was born -- it really helped take the edge off.
-- Madolyn (mama of Amelia, 11/24/99)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page