#1 of 1 Old 01-08-2002, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only. Mothering Boards
Alternative and Complementary Medicine Archive
ringworm! Help!

This topic was originally posted in this forum: Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Author Topic: rigworm! Help!
Ms. Mom
Moderator posted 03-11-2001 04:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help, My family has had step this week and I developed a rash on my stomach that my doctor said was from the strep. I did go away with the antibiotics, but now I have a rig-like scally rash on my neck that I beleive is rigworm. Any suggestions, I'm so sick of Antibiotics! I realize it's just a fungal infection, but it's really grossing me out!
~~Gentleness

Chanley
Moderator posted 03-11-2001 08:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pau d'Arco tea.
http://www.ancientwisdomherbals.com

works great with any fungal infection and is inexpensive.

Kelts
unregistered posted 03-11-2001 04:11 PM
Hey girl. That sucks so much. That was me a few months ago. It's lovely. Teatree oil worked great!!! great for the fungus amongus.
get better soon over there.

Lori W
Member posted 03-11-2001 06:48 PM
Ditto on the tea tree oil. Worked for me too.

Ms. Mom
Moderator posted 03-12-2001 04:43 AM
Thanks so much everyone!
Chanley - LOVE that site, I'm going to spend some time on it later today!
It's funny, but I actually put Tea Tree Oil on it yesterday because I used it for a little foot problum recently (no more shoes from resale shops). I added it to some aloe gell and it really was soothing. Where would I be without all of you wonderful (funny) women! Kelts, you and my husband would have so much pun together!
~~Fungus free Gentleness!

circlemama
Member posted 03-12-2001 08:14 AM
hey, I ordered some of the tea, to keep the
yeastie beasties away. How do you brew it?
What does it taste like?

Hoosky
Member posted 03-12-2001 10:26 AM
Gentian violet works for thrush which is a yeast infection... I'm guessing it might help ringworm, too.
Kelts - Do you pick wild mushrooms?

Madame Ovary
Member posted 03-12-2001 10:32 AM
Remember to take acidophilus and bifidus (probiotics)too, b/c the antibiotics kill off the friendly flora. Also, sugars (incl. honey, maple syrup) and other refined carbs will feed the fungus, so eliminate them. I was using Tea Tree oil for absolutely everything until my naturopath told me that most people in this country are allergic to it, b/c it isn't local. I haven't quite decided what to think about that yet, but a great alternative for fungus is grapefruit seed extract (dilute first.) I've been having success with this, so if Tea Tree doesn't do it for you , you might want to give it a try. Good Luck

jazzymom1999
Member posted 03-12-2001 12:23 PM
Just had to deal with this myself and the tea tree didn't cut it, but Grapefruit seed extract worked great and it was cleared up in only a few days.

Ms. Mom
Moderator posted 03-12-2001 01:36 PM
Great! I'll try that. I do have some on hand. This is sooooo ugly and yucky! How the kid's have escaped it, I don't know!
You guys are the best!

circlemama
Member posted 03-12-2001 02:14 PM
How much do you dilute the grapefruit seed extract?

Kelts
unregistered posted 03-12-2001 05:19 PM
Hoosky,
And what kind of mushrooms are you talkin'?
But, in answer to ?.... nope. Why you ask??

Ms. Mom
Moderator posted 03-16-2001 07:57 AM
Ok, it's fading, but WHEN IS THIS GOING TO GO AWAY!!!!!!!! I have to put a bandaid on it when I go out because it screams RING WORM! and is in full view. Now everyone want's to know how I hurt myself! AAARRRGGG! I'm using the Tea Tree Oil and the Grapefruit Seed - back and forth - both do the job, the Grapefruit Seed soothes the ich better. MAKE IT GO AWAY LADIES!!!
~~Gentleness

Mom2TJ
Member posted 03-16-2001 04:11 PM
Isn't ringworm a parasite? There are parasite killing remedies available at health food stores.

Mom2TJ
Member posted 03-16-2001 04:26 PM
Sorry, I was wrong. I just looked it up and it is a fungus so fungus killing remedies should work. Maybe it is a reaction to the antibiotics. Taking probitotics may help.

Chanley
Moderator posted 03-16-2001 07:52 PM
ringworm is a fungus.
that site I listed is ran by one of the most awesome fellas I know. he is an herbalist.
email him and ask him about why you got it. he explained the whole fungal thing to me when I asked him. very interestign hwo we get these things

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page