Cold Sores on Toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2005, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, when I looked at Liberty's mouth this morning I noticed a small cold sore next to her lip. I don't know where she picked this up and I don't know what to do about it. Is there a homeopathic way to treat this? I have never had one and so I am also trying to figure out where she picked it up. Maybe this shouldn't bother me so much but, it does.

Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2005, 08:26 PM

Danae, do you live in a selenium deficient area? here is a map of the USA... and relevant areas...

http://www.saanendoah.com/map1.html

I ask, becuase selenium deficiency is known to be associated with herpes simplex viruses.

Herpes are ubiquitous, and most of us carry it, but it causes no problems. The issue isn't so much where she got it, but what you do about it now.

Our kids have had them, but since we got on top of their selenium, vitamin C, and other minerals, they've not had them for about 15 years now.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 12-02-2005, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

No, I've actually never heard of that. The link you provided does say that we live in a Selenium deficient area though. I will have to look into it more. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Research Choraphor on Google and then see if your pediatrition has any issues using it on your DC. It helped me "cure" cold sores and I hope it can help you. I am not an expert and I am not going to advise you to use anything on C without a Dr.'s consent, but this stuff works.

E
Old 12-02-2005, 04:57 PM

It could be Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, a common childhood illness characterized by sores in the mouth that look a lot like cold sores. cdc info

User Tag List