PMS H*ll - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gosh, I have never ever had PMS in my 38 years! Always snickered at those girls who had to take a day of school or work off every month. Well, my turn. The last few months, I feel like the couple of days right before Aunt Flo visits, I'm about psychotic. I am so emotionally uptight and have NO patience and am just a miserable nasty person to be around. AF started yesterday and just now, this evening, I feel like looking back at the wreckage of my life from the last 2-3 days and going : .

So, my question...

are there any "treatments," remedies, etc that anyone has experienced to help out w/PMS? Maybe early menopause or something like that?

I'd love to try something and see if it helps.

Thank you!!
#2 of 3 Old 01-09-2006, 09:40 AM

There are some very good threads here if you do a search. Many women find taking certain supplements from mid-cycle to the beginning of their period helps a great deal.

I have awful PMS. I get so moody and almost paranoid (I think no one likes me...but their may be a good reason for that...lol). The last couple months I have started taking evening primrose oil and I have seen a difference. I also up my water and protein intake. Sometimes just realizing that it's hormones helps me feel a little more normal.

Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 01-09-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Hadn't thought of EPO!

I saw something called Cyclease, wondered if it'd be any good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page