What the heck is oxycodine AND - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Edited to remove so many details.

If someone took oxycodine and was drug tested, would it show up as drugs? What is it exactly?

(And is it normally to vomit, feel loopy/out of it, etc. when used?)

This is not me, btw. The most I've ever done is had a Smirnoff.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#2 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 01:39 PM

I am familiar with drugs (not from taking them, but I work as a medical transcriptionist). Oxycodone is definitely a narcotic, so yes indeed it would show up on drug tests.

Here is some information for you:
http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/mono-527...Oxycodone+Oral

Hope that helps!
#3 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 01:40 PM

I think it is percocet. I was given them for a kidney stone but I thought they were spelled "Oxycodone". Not sure about weather or not they'd show up on a drug test.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#4 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenEMT
I am familiar with drugs (not from taking them, but I work as a medical transcriptionist). Oxycodone is definitely a narcotic, so yes indeed it would show up on drug tests.

Here is some information for you:
http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/mono-527...Oxycodone+Oral

Hope that helps!
Thank you!!! (It's not for me, either, but I needed the info.)

THANKS!

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#5 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 02:38 PM

Yes, it will show up, and yes, many people take it to get high (loopy/out of it).

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#6 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Its a major narcotic used to ease the pain of cancer, I believe.
#7 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM

As above.

It's the narcotic found in Percocet. We use it commonly for post surgical pain.

Definitely makes you have mental status changes, particularly if you aren't used to taking narcotics.

I'm sorry, I don't know how long it would take to clear so that you could pass a drug test. If you can show that you were taking it under a doctor's prescription, however, they certainly ought to take that into account. The test would be positive for 'narcotics' and so they wouldn't be able to tell that percocet was the ONLY thing you'd been using. So they might want a retest after you were no longer using it.
#8 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:17 PM

They sell it on the street as well, I know this 'cause I work at a bar and i had this guy come up and ask if I knew about OC, I said,"the TV Show?" he looked at me like I had 3 heads and walked away.
#9 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Oh gah! It's not me. Definitely not. The strongest thing I've ever taken was Stadol and that was in one labor. LOL

#10 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I know this 'cause I work at a bar and i had this guy come up and ask if I knew about OC, I said,"the TV Show?" he looked at me like I had 3 heads and walked away.
LOL.

it is commonly stolen(or the RX's are stolen or forged) and sold on the streets.
#11 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 05:25 PM

It is also used for chronic pain patients.

Yup..definately show up in drug tests.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#12 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher
Oh gah! It's not me. Definitely not. The strongest thing I've ever taken was Stadol and that was in one labor. LOL
Oxycodone is a schedule II, Stadol is a Scedule IV

Stadol is extremely addictive, it is only perscribed for after surgeries or during birth. It has been given to migrane patients but now there is a class action lawsuit involving that as many migrane patients have become addicted.

Just pointing out..stadol is serious meds. Oxycodone is used for chronic pain..stadol is not (except for migranes and that is probably going to stop with this lawsuit)

#13 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

The difference being, it (stadol) was prescribed and given to me in the hospital while I was in labor.

The oxycodine was given to the person in question by a friend of his from work. (And the person that took it was stupid enough not to ask what it was, side effects or anything before taking TWO of these pills b/c he was in a lot of pain. Puked 1 1/2hrs later and hoping it was vomited out and not digested completely, but who knows!)

#14 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher
The difference being, it (stadol) was prescribed and given to me in the hospital while I was in labor.

The oxycodine was given to the person in question by a friend of his from work. (And the person that took it was stupid enough not to ask what it was, side effects or anything before taking TWO of these pills b/c he was in a lot of pain. Puked 1 1/2hrs later and hoping it was vomited out and not digested completely, but who knows!)

OMG!! They just gave it to them!! They didn't even tell them what it was?

#15 of 16 Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 PM

after my last surgery I asked for a mild painkiller like straight tylenol, or maybe xtra strength I got oxycontin. I was high for 2 weeks and so not my self it was strange and I hope to never repeat that experience again.

8 might be enough
#16 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 04:59 PM

I know this is a old post but I am a pain management patient and was doing research on meds and I stumbled across this site. I have 2 boys that were born 3mo premature due to a disease I have. they were 2lb and 3lb. As a mother of delicate babies I researched pregnancy well most pain medication causes nausea, vomiting, depression of cardiac and pulmonary function (your body can forget to breath and slows heart.) adults can correct for this as long a doctor has prescribed dose low enough for you to handle. HOWEVER in infants and unborn babies it is extremely dangerous and all pain medication should only be used under close medical supervision!! baby can forget to breath. In many states newborns are tested for pain medications both legal and otherwise. Mother can have trouble related to endangering a child. This medication is not supposed to be given to a woman if she plans to become pregnant or is breastfeeding.  If a med makes a 100 lb adult feel weird what is it doing to a tiny baby. If you eat it then so is your baby. A good massage is better pain relief and mommas can usually use the baby card to get them. I cant count the number of coworkers who were more than willing to help with a neck knot for a chance to see james dance around  as I am petite so we could easily identify which part was where. as he seemed to love to workout when i was resting. Best of luck to you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page