Healing the Gut Tribe ~ March - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever seen the product, "Natural Cellular Defense"? I am reading about it and am completely amazed. It looks like a great option for detox. One report said that in women attempting to get pregnant after seven days on the product the toxin levels in their breast tissue went from 13-16 down to 2! It has been written about by Gabriel Cousens and David Wolfe-two people I really like. People on it are posting pictures because they are detoxing so well their hair color and eye colors are changing-getting darker and clearer. I still have more to read, just wanted to know if any of you have heard of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 PM

Here's a link...I'm very challenged in this dept. so I hope it works:
http://www.alivewithgabriel.com/arti...?a=read&aid=11
#123 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 08:52 PM

I will post the other studies I have read if there is any interest...
#124 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 09:22 PM

Interested, I'll check out the link!
#125 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM

#126 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 09:49 PM

Wow, sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?
#127 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM

Wow faery! Still reading but . . . wow!
#128 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 PM

subbing!

afro.jpg
#129 of 571 Old 03-08-2006, 10:04 PM

subbing
#130 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 12:15 AM

Is there any point in getting my hair analized since I'm no where near weaning and not willing to put off ttc for several more years? Is there anything that I can do about it if I do have a problem? What about dd?

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#131 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 12:39 AM

Off to read the links. Lil' scared that I might find some David Wolfe poetry on there, but on I look.....

On a side note, we should be getting our refund any day now, so we should be starting the diet ASAP. To prepare, I ate my first piece of meat in 10 yrs. It was good, but I'm looking forward to not having to eat this stuff. I have a big enough problem w/eating fish, and eating buffalo was a lil' much. My 4 yr old, did not want to try it, of course.

Oh, I am having an amazingly difficult time understanding any of this enzyme stuff. I have been real fuzzy lately and the enzyme stuff is so over my head it is like in another language. The Houston essential page had 3 main types of enzymes. I see that some of them are SCD legal. Can someone explain to me which ones I might need. I know this is asking a lot, but I cannot understand the other page that has been frequently linked

And how much hair do you need for the hair sample? My hubby shaves his head regularly. Just wondering how much he needs for it to grow.

Thanks
#132 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla
Is there any point in getting my hair analized since I'm no where near weaning and not willing to put off ttc for several more years? Is there anything that I can do about it if I do have a problem? What about dd?
Patty,

I think someone said it best a couple of pages back. Let's say you have all these chemicals, well the chances are your minerals are out of whack which are of PRIMO IMPORTENCE. You fix your minerals, supplement w/what is needed and then you can look at the toxicity again. The minerals will help clean you out. If you just try to get rid of the toxic stuff w/o addressing your minerals, it won't really come out.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Oh, off topic. Who here spoke to that psychic lady about your minerals and such. I am totally interested in calling her up
#133 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 AM

I need a better way to make crispy nuts. Do you think it would work to put them in the crock pot w/ the lid off or askew? Making them in the oven just takes over too much space and is a big pain. Thoughts?

our family is <>< and :
#134 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 01:51 AM

Amy you are so funny!
I can't help you much w/the enzymes as I'm still learning too but I will say that trial and error seems to be the best teacher for me.
Wanted to say too that yuck! I hate meat but am doing the best I can. I surely cannot bring myself to try what others suggest like buffalo, ostrich , lamb or hmmm . . . there were others. I can like fish but am worried about the mercury. I can also handle chicken and turkey but dd can't so I'm sort of stuck. AND, I'm HUNGRY!

PM firefaery for info. on the intuitive. I have a call in to her but am waiting.
#135 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 09:29 AM

For enzymes we did all fungal derived...AFP multiple protease, no fenol, and zyme prime.
#136 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 03:56 PM

Oooooh I am royally pi**ed right now!

I had dd's blood drawn for her allergy testing and the doc called this a.m. and said the only thing it showed was that she was *very high* for wheat. Unfortunately, the lab DID NOT GET ENOUGH BLOOD and so we have to go do it again.

I'd almost like to just forget it but geez, if she's very high for wheat, I'd better find out what else it shows. Poor baby.
#137 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 04:45 PM

Jane,
THis might be a dumb question, but was just reading a response on another board where someone said SCD is semi-gfcf. SCD is TOTALLY gluten free isn't it?
#138 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 PM

Re: semi-gfcf, I think they mean that it's not officially casein free, but it can be done. Also, there are some things, like mustard, that contain trace amounts of gluten that are allowed on it.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#139 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandj
Hi everybody! I have missed out on this thread for a couple of months but now I am back. I've gotta get caught up with everything here! Dd is now 1 year and we have made it to her birthday without any grains in her diet at all.
Liane!!! so glad to hear from you and doubly glad it is positive
#140 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
Jane,
THis might be a dumb question, but was just reading a response on another board where someone said SCD is semi-gfcf. SCD is TOTALLY gluten free isn't it?
Yes, it is totally GF because it was originally developed as the cure for celiac disease:
http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.i...ac_disease.htm

A celiac would have to be very more careful b/c supposedly some do react on contact.
#141 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

RE: Houston's enzymes

Zyme Prime, No Fenol and AFP Peptizyde here too. Although DS has yet to work back up to Peptizyde... it is quite strong for him.
#142 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery
Has anyone ever seen the product, "Natural Cellular Defense"? I am reading about it and am completely amazed. It looks like a great option for detox. One report said that in women attempting to get pregnant after seven days on the product the toxin levels in their breast tissue went from 13-16 down to 2! It has been written about by Gabriel Cousens and David Wolfe-two people I really like. People on it are posting pictures because they are detoxing so well their hair color and eye colors are changing-getting darker and clearer. I still have more to read, just wanted to know if any of you have heard of it.
$200 and issued by a MLM... makes me suspicious right off the bat.

I'm too tired right now to do any more research on anything!!
#143 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I need a better way to make crispy nuts. Do you think it would work to put them in the crock pot w/ the lid off or askew? Making them in the oven just takes over too much space and is a big pain. Thoughts?
That's a good idea! Although I think it was recommended to keep the temp at 150 to avoid killing enzymes with raw nut, but if you are going to cook with them anyways or they are not raw, I say go for it, and let me know how it goes!
#144 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
For minerals issue and also for commitment... if you know for certain there's a problem, you might work harder to correct it? Also to learn more about natural ways of detox thru nutrition.
#145 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

RE: hair sample amount

Maybe a 1/2 teaspoon? 1/4 teaspoon? somewhere around there.
#146 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by embens
Ok, I'm on Synthroid. I have an underactive thyroid due to Hashimotos disease/disorder. If I don't take by the 2nd day I can barely get out of bed.

yes diarrhea is my problem. On a good day only once or twice. On a bad day seven to ten bouts. Yes EVERY day.
Yikes, you poor thing!!! SCD is definately worth a try, I think it will help. I've heard several testimonials from people like you.
#147 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by embens
? for ya. I have issues with lactose and eggs. How can I do the diet without using either? I hate my body.
The SCD is lactose free.

You may be able to do eggs when the diarrhea stops... the book actually says to avoid them in this case. The gut will start healing and you might be able to handle just fine.

www.pecanbread.com has some egg free recipes, and maybe the support group lists would have more ideas too.
#148 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
RE: Houston's enzymes

Zyme Prime, No Fenol and AFP Peptizyde here too. Although DS has yet to work back up to Peptizyde... it is quite strong for him.
How did you know it was strong for your ds? I gave my 2 yr. old some enzymes yesterday for the first time and BOY! did she have a fussy day (and like 4 bms!)
Today was a whole different story. Good mood, good poopies. BUT, her little bottom is red tonight. Do you think I should cut back?
#149 of 571 Old 03-09-2006, 11:38 PM

Ok I did the nuts. Not sure if they got too hot or not. They came out a lot like last time when I did them in the oven. They taste cooked to me but what do I know. It certainly was a much less painful way to do it. I did it part of the time on high. I think next time I'll do it on low the whole time to keep the temp down. With the lid off it probably doesn't get much over 150 in there if that. I could still touch them with my bare hands. I just stirred every couple of hours. I think I'll soak some walnuts tonight.

Ok so I'm convinced I need to get my hair done. Anyone have the like for me again ?

I'm switching us to goat dairy for now. It tastes awful Imo but dd doesn't seem to mind. Hoping it doesn't make a difference so I can go back to cow. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it taste less "goaty"? So far it is the uhp stuff from the grocery store. Still trying to get in touch with a local raw seller. I added some fruit to it and I think that was worse.

Oh and can anyone recomend a good cake recipe? I made the banana cake one from btvc and it was ok but not great. I made the marshmallow like frosting for it and that totally was the wrong way to go plus it was so stiff I couldn't spread it. DD has been invited to a b-day party and the host knows about our food issues and was offering to provide something we could eat. I said I would just bring a cake for us, today was the dry run. DD didn't seem to like the cake much but then she had skipped her nap and was pretty much done eating dinner so that could be why (she only eats when she is hungry, smart girl, even when it is sweets being offered)

I know there was something I wanted to respond to but I've lost it now.

our family is <>< and :
#150 of 571 Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 AM

I have a question Can anyone give me a run down (or a list) of die-off symptoms? Or can I PM someone my question?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page