Healing the Gut Tribe ~ May - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
Do you think it would be beneficial to combine this with SCD (add in kefir sodas & do lacto-fermented foods early) or would it be better to just stick to the SCD?
Very very hard to say!

I know it's natural to want to get everything in... but then if something goes wrong it's murder having to second guess yourself.
#122 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla
OK I need ideas on how to eat the coconut oil. I tried frying my eggs in it but didn't like it. I'm stumped though! I just realized that i could be replacing the butter in the muffin recipe with this. I have a whole case of the stuff and can't figure out how to eat it. Should I get that book? Will that give me ideas?
I did get some ghee and am loving using that for cooking.

I didn't realize that taking 1 tbsp of the blue ice was the minimum for nursing. Hmmm... Should I be taking more for healing? What about the butter oil? Is the 1/2 tsp a day enough? I can't find any info on how much of that to take.
The EFLF book is really good for reading about traditional diets in a nutshell (NT lite) and also how beneficial coconut oil is for fighting bacteria and germs. I personally love it but it's so up my alley. Good soup ideas too.

EFLF recommends 1/2 tsp/day for butter oil. I think you are probably okay on the 1 T. of high vitamin CLO too.

I have melted the coconut oil and just mixed really fast in yogurt too (I always drink my yogurt). Not perfectly smooth but tasty just the same.
#123 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolena
we are a month into SCD (6 weeks on scd legal only, and no sugar for a few months)--the girls (16 months) poos are finally getting better, but nowhere near what i imagine to be normal. and now i'm a little constipated, due i think to the fact that i made myself almond butter cookies (blanche, soaked, crisped, made in =to butter, and DID NOT SHARE!)--at least they lasted close to four days . anywhay, i think i'm not getting enough carbs. so i need help figuring out where to go next. so far, they seem to tolerate all forms of squash. they seem okay with green pepper and brocolli and asparagus and cauliflower. they are NOT fine with peas--they wouldn't go to sleep at all.

can i give them the applesauce i just made? (i made it awhile back, but i ate it all myself bc they didn't seem ready.)

can i add cheese? i added it once before, but it coincided with a tummy bug (i think). it doesn't seem like raw cheddar would give diarrhea, does it? i'd really like some cheese. tell me now is the time for cheese, please.

and then i just add in the nuts? try a banana pancake here and there? i'm so clueless. and all i do is cook. sigh.

does anyone (jane, firefaery, patty?) happen to have a log of what they ate when--or, rather, what their babes ate when? i know it's trial and error, but it would really help to kow that someone else a month in was still eating such a limited amount. i bought the maker's diet hoping for some guidance about introducing foods, but it hasn't helped. if anyone could pm me a food log--or post it here--i'd be very grateful.
I'm so sorry I write everything down in a notebook. I don't even think my DS's experience could help b/c he is still stuck in Stage 2. Have you seen the stages at Pecanbread? He seems to react to too much applesauce, the sorbitol in it.

Banana pancakes are great for early use on SCD. Moneca's recipe was 3 eggs, 2 bananas and a tablespoon of melted coconut oil, yummy. Squash pancakes made same way with cinnamon are good too.

You might try a milder cheese like brick or colby, cheddar can have some weird acidic thing I forgot what it's called.

Try nut butter first, it's easiest to digest. I just make my own in fp.
#124 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:12 PM

More talk on the Mothering issue.

Remember how a bunch of us were talking about how we (or our children really) "dodged the bullet" last month or the month before? Basically in response to vax-ing?

Well in the letters section there is a break-down (pg 22) of things in common that children w/ADD, dyslexia, PDD, etc share. For example:

*family hx of allergies
*birth trauma
*high-level exposures to toxic metals such as mercury and aluminum
*physical characteristics such as dark circles under the eyes and red cheeks or ears
*recurrent ear, sinus or strep infections
*yeast infections
*respiratory and skin problems
*digestive problems, including constipation, diarrhea and relux
*a vax reaction
*dysregulated sleep
*wild mood swings and hyperactive behavior, especially after ingesting food additives such as dyes and preservatives
*picky eating consisting primarily of wheat and dairy products

Sound familiar to anyone here?? All of those above criteria apply to my health or my son's health. I left out only a couple of things that didn't apply to us:

*hx of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, or low thyroid in the mother
*sequential rounds of increasinly more potent antibiotics (although in our case, when my 1st son was in the NICU they loaded his system w/tons of UNNECESSARY antibiotics)
*chronic unexplained fevers
*chemical sensitivities, especially to perfumes, textiles, carpeting and paint

Does anyone feel like we are on the verge of a huge discovery here?? Like in anytime, the world is going to catch on to the importance of a healthy gut and the implications or a damaged one? Everything I keep reading, just solidifies the importance of what I am doing w/my family, everything is interconnected. Its wild!
#125 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama
Thanks for your comments. I have to admit I am very resistant to giving up veganism. I did become vegan for mostly health reasons, but I really love the positive consequences to animals and the environment as well. I did a LOT of research on diets and food and health on my journey to being vegan, and I feel pretty strongly that this way of eating is the "right" way.

Not to say that if Henry had any of the issues some of you dedicated Mamas are dealing with I wouldn't eat meat and dairy if I thought that would help him.

Sigh. Why does this have to be so hard and confusing? It's just food! We should just be able to eat when we're hungry and not have to think about it so much!

(By the way, I've always had a weak constitution and have been a vegan for only three years, and a vegetarian for a total of ten years...so does that still correlate?)

Anyway, I am trying to remain open-minded and do my best to inform myself. I really appreciate the information and support here. I'm just so overwhelmed and really don't know where to start...someone needs to tell me exactly what to do, step by step, lol!

I do have one specific question...I was reading on this site about the Houston Nutraceuticals products Peptizyde, Zyme Prime and No-Fenol -- can an adult take them and would my baby get the effects through my breastmilk? Or is it just that I would digest my food better, thus not passing the unwanted particles into my bloodstream and on to my baby via my breastmilk?
Only 3 years of veganism could tax your body stores of vitamin A and B12 a great deal. What foods you rely on to get your minerals with could quite possibly mean you are not absorbing them due to high phytate content (unsoaked whole grains, nuts, soy). All of these contribute to immune system, thyroid and digestive problems.

Only you can determine re: veganism contributing to health issues. There are many mama's here at MDC who went thru this. Toraji's posts on it are great. I can tell you that she was one of my angels who really made me realize thru her very tough experience she was so generous to share how absolutely crucial it is to get nutrition right, or the body reacts with disease.

Personally, after a ton of research into traditional diets, I don't think it's possible to be vegan and get all the proper nutrients. There is no evidence in human history of healthy vegans. But I wouldn't have said that 5 years ago.

I also didn't know then how much marketing hype is behind our modern view of "what is healthy" either: the creation of public demand for cheap, unhealthy, untraditional foods: canola oil, processed soy, lowfat/no cholesterol/whole grain, etc. etc.

A lot of the research that is behind these recs are fatally flawed and pathetically incomplete. And there is a ton of research in the other direction, these studies are so not comprehensive as government recs would like you to believe. But you are right, it's soooo hard to sift thru! Which is why I now tend to put more weight on traditional diets. Just learning that we as humans are designed to be disease free and traditional ways of preparing food were done for a reason was very empowering.

For more info on traditional diets:
http://www.westonaprice.org/tour/vegtourindex.html

This site Toraji always reccomends: Beyond Vegetarianism
http://www.beyondveg.com/

And yes, absolutely, enzymes will help break down the food particles before they pass thru to your bloodstream. Releasing more nutrients as well as cleaning up inflammation. Go very slowly!
#126 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
More talk on the Mothering issue.

Remember how a bunch of us were talking about how we (or our children really) "dodged the bullet" last month or the month before? Basically in response to vax-ing?

Well in the letters section there is a break-down (pg 22) of things in common that children w/ADD, dyslexia, PDD, etc share. For example:

*family hx of allergies
*birth trauma
*high-level exposures to toxic metals such as mercury and aluminum
*physical characteristics such as dark circles under the eyes and red cheeks or ears
*recurrent ear, sinus or strep infections
*yeast infections
*respiratory and skin problems
*digestive problems, including constipation, diarrhea and relux
*a vax reaction
*dysregulated sleep
*wild mood swings and hyperactive behavior, especially after ingesting food additives such as dyes and preservatives
*picky eating consisting primarily of wheat and dairy products

Sound familiar to anyone here?? All of those above criteria apply to my health or my son's health. I left out only a couple of things that didn't apply to us:

*hx of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, or low thyroid in the mother
*sequential rounds of increasinly more potent antibiotics (although in our case, when my 1st son was in the NICU they loaded his system w/tons of UNNECESSARY antibiotics)
*chronic unexplained fevers
*chemical sensitivities, especially to perfumes, textiles, carpeting and paint

Does anyone feel like we are on the verge of a huge discovery here?? Like in anytime, the world is going to catch on to the importance of a healthy gut and the implications or a damaged one? Everything I keep reading, just solidifies the importance of what I am doing w/my family, everything is interconnected. Its wild!
Yikes, I do need to look at that. Check, check, check... !!!

It's all about the immune system baby. And the health of your gut IS your immune system.

This makes an important point:

If anyone who is reading this has a kid with a gut issue, stop vaxing immediately!
#127 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:42 PM

We were already on the autism spectrum-and we never vaxed. But my ped went out of her way to get my kids exemptions because (especially with dd) she said we'd be in real trouble if we ever did. So now they have notes in their files. I was suprised-thought it took alot more to get a medical exemption, but she didn't even glance up when I questioned it and told me that, "it takes what I say it takes. I'm their doctor, vaxes are not recommended." Um, I love my doc! OF course the results of their blood tests from immunolabs are also on file-and with the many reactions and whatnot that didn't hurt!
#128 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:48 PM

I was the one that brought up the liquid chlorophyll for ileocecal valve syndrome. I am willing to give it a shot because it sounds very possibly what I am dealing with. Course I never heard of it before. I really do feel so on my own with these health issues. The medical profession, even alternative, is just not pulling through here. Sigh.
#129 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:50 PM

Thank you moonshine for stepping up Please let me know how it goes, it sounded very interesting.

Firefaery, do your kids meet any of the other criteria on the list besides the vax reaction one?
#130 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Got my answer re: stomach acid from Karen DeFelice.
This is very interesting!

Quote:
Jane,

I saw a way cool illustration and was trying to locate it, but
couldn't. The short answer is the food intolerances can irritate the
stomach lining. Bacteria, parasites, and yeast may also be present with
the food intolerances. The stomach irritation can *physically* impair
the production of stomach acid because the cells are damaged or
impaired. Either the acid producing cells themselves, or some of the
cells involved in acid production.

This can lead to a vicious cycle of poor stomach acid leading to more
food intolerances which lead to more poor acid production. Here is an
animation showing the stomach acid process:

http://www.ppiknow.com/acidsecretion.html

And here is an article with illustrations on how food intolerances can
lead to the promotion of extra histamine and other chemicals being
released, and possibly causing cell disruption, due to the immune
system response...a *chemical* path:

http://worldshealthiestfoods.com/gen...me=faq&dbid=30

If this wasn't what you were looking for, let me know. Again, sorry it
got delayed.
Karen.

> > In the Chapter: Dysbiosis - Life in the Gut
> >
> > Under "The problematic parasites" you state:
> >"If stomach acid production is inhibited by food intolerances,
> taking enzymes will reduce these intolerances, and help keep stomach
acid production normal."
> >
> > How exactly does food intolerances effect the production of
> stomach acid?
#131 of 1002 Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Oh they meet just about all of it. We never vaxed so that doesn't apply-my ped was just smart enough to say that we never should.
#132 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine
The curious thing is that my "problem" (outrageously distended stomach and constipation) happened AFTER I cut out a lot of grains and almost all soy. Years ago I found out enough about the dangers of soy and cut way back. I did discover that I had less gas. Since doing Eat to Live, I cut way back on grains, although didn't cut them out completely. My current GI stuff came about 7 months into doing E2L.

Like New Mama, I am also hesitant start eating meat. I won't say never, but I am really torn about it. I read everyone's posts and believe you when you say you are healing, but I do struggle with the thought of eating meat. Even as a child and growing up, I was a reluctant meat eater. Except for beef. I liked that rare. I did love dairy and would never have believed that I would ever give up cheese. I never did completely. Interestingly, we did have raw milk during my teenage years.
What do you eat now? I'm not familiar with ETL program ex. knowing it's vegetarian and the back and forth I did with Firefaery a while back on the dioxin issue.

I think digestive issues can escalate and also, the point I made in pp to NewMama, can be influenced by nutritional stores. Also bcps, steriods, antibx, etc. etc. there can be many other causes besides food.

A lot of traditional societies did not eat meat or very much meat. They made up with for it with a lot of fat soluble vitamins from other animal food sources (dairy, eggs, fats, fish, all correctly raised on pasture or in wild to have proper essential fatty acids).

Meat is not required for the SCD or even necessarily for eating according to Nourishing Traditions that many of us here try to follow as well (see Vegetarian Tour I posted above). I'm not at all saying you have to eat meat!

But I really do think anyone who really wants gut healing should make an effort to take cod liver oil and make bone broths. The evidence for their unique nutritional and healing qualities are huge.

Believe me I know how you feel though, I was grossed out for a long time too when I went back on meat (this was during a health crisis for me and I was ttc, I felt better immediately eating meat so that was enough for me). I never really was an ethical veg. and I feel tons better getting all my animal products from local farms or my Amish co-op where the animals are treated like family. I really hope I'm not offending you and New Mama. Sometimes I have so little time to get my knowledge out there I trample on some people's feelings.
#133 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 AM

No no no, no feelings hurt here. It just feels like such a monumental change that I felt so good about, that makes it hard. I can get over it in time, if I have to. I just thank goodness that I have healthy kids with no discernable gut issues or any other health issues, for that matter. Not that I don't want to keep making sure that they stay that way, but I am not trying to fix things like it sounds like most of not all of you are.

What do I eat now? Or rather strictly E2L. Fruits, veggies, beans, some fats (avocado, nuts or olive oil) and 1 serving of a grain per day. The guideline is 1 lbs raw veggies, 1 lbs cooked veggies, at least 4 fruits, one fat serving (can't remember the measurements on that), at least one cup of beans and as mentioned before, one serving of grains (optional). This is the basic plan. After the first 6 weeks, you can go to a 90/10 plan, as in stick to this for 90% of the time.

Since my "official" diagnosis of IBS 1.5 weeks ago, I have changed a few things. I have upped my fat intake (thank you firefaery!). I have started eating more eggs. And since this weekend after my flax seed mixture was finished, I started taking CLO. I got Carlson capsules because that is what I could get at my coop. I am taking 9 capsules per day. I am not sure that is exactly right, but figure I will get the straight oil next time and then it will be easier to measure. I just started enzymes too. Oh, and making kefir and yogurt. I am trying!

I think that I could do eggs, dairy and bone broths, at minumum. I will have to continue to read and see my progress to see what I will, if anything change. Well, I won't commit to bone broths quite yet.

Oh, and my new favorite food is hands down COCONUT!! Yum yum and yum. I like the kefir, cheese and curry sauce I made with it so far, but tonight I made an avocado pudding and used coconut oil, among other things and oh.my.god. I haven't felt that good after eating in such a long time.
#134 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:36 AM

:

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#135 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
It sure is interconnected! Right down the the chlorine in your water. (Or, more specifically, the chlorine in dd's gut.) Utterly fascinating to me.

We're leaving for vacation tomorrow. No HTG Tribe for me for a while. I'm going to have some serious withdrawals. Of course I bought one of JR's books to bring and N&PD too.
#136 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 08:57 AM
EBG

Moonshine, how do you make avocado pudding?

I have to vaccinate My DH stated it clearly, our children will get all their vaccines. Is there anything I can do to avoid/lessen the damage besides upping their CLO and vitamins?
#137 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
Moonshine, how do you make avocado pudding?

I have to vaccinate My DH stated it clearly, our children will get all their vaccines. Is there anything I can do to avoid/lessen the damage besides upping their CLO and vitamins?
You need to post this question in the vaccine forum. You will get a lot of suggestions on preparing them for them. But have you negotiated at all with your dh? Could you at least spread the vaxes out?

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#138 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama
So if you're saying that it's a natural process that a baby starts out with a leaky gut and his mother's milk heals that...is it because she passes digestive enzymes to the baby through her milk? Or is there some other process involved?
I learned from a researcher who studies comparative neonatal gut development that human infants have a permeable gut for only a few days - permeable to small water-soluble substances (it closes up on its own). Otherwise, the gut is only permeable if damaged. In other animals, the neonatal gut is wide open, allowing take-up of IgA from mama; in humans, babies get their passive immune protection in the form of IgG prenatally through the placenta. However, small quantities of big antigens may get across the human neonatal gut - this may be a good thing as it "tolerises" the infant immune system and makes it capable of recognizing and dealing with appropriately with them later in life. The baby's gut also has cells on its surface (in Peyer's patches - lymphoid tissue) that recognize and deal with "foreign" antigens - whether or not they traverse the gut barrier. Finally, in mastitis, big molecules (both antigens and antibodies) can "leak" into milk.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#139 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
You need to post this question in the vaccine forum. You will get a lot of suggestions on preparing them for them. But have you negotiated at all with your dh? Could you at least spread the vaxes out?
EBG--Actually I doubt you'll get any suggestions on preparing for them, just suggestions on not vaxing. I've seen several threads asking how to minimize damage (and posted myself--DH is military and they have mandatory vaxes for him) and there are never any replies. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

Is vaxing something you are willing to put your foot down on to your DH? I believe in being submissive to my DH (I know this won't be a popular concept on this forum but that is my belief) but vaxes are the one thing I would not be willing to give in on...fortunately after I did the research and told DH what I found he is fine with not vaxing.
#140 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
preparing for vaxes... I think Momtezuma in the vax forum has recommended in the past (if one must do vaxes) that you dose your dc with 500 mg of sodium ascorbate (and only sodium ascorbate - not ascorbic acid) prior to the vax (30 minutes or so, i think). definitely do NOT under any circumstance administer any fever reducer after the vax. be diligent in watching for signs of reactions, knowing that reactions may occur up to 2 weeks (or more) after the vax - if a reaction occurs, be firm with the doc and insist that it be reported to VAERS (or get the batch/lot # and brand of the vax and report it yourself).

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#141 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets
I learned from a researcher who studies comparative neonatal gut development that human infants have a permeable gut for only a few days - permeable to small water-soluble substances (it closes up on its own). Otherwise, the gut is only permeable if damaged. In other animals, the neonatal gut is wide open, allowing take-up of IgA from mama; in humans, babies get their passive immune protection in the form of IgG prenatally through the placenta. However, small quantities of big antigens may get across the human neonatal gut - this may be a good thing as it "tolerises" the infant immune system and makes it capable of recognizing and dealing with appropriately with them later in life. The baby's gut also has cells on its surface (in Peyer's patches - lymphoid tissue) that recognize and deal with "foreign" antigens - whether or not they traverse the gut barrier. Finally, in mastitis, big molecules (both antigens and antibodies) can "leak" into milk.
Hmmm...now everything I've read says that babies' guts are highly permeable until about 6 months old, and don't fully close until 2 years old, which allows the mother's antibodies from BM to go through the gut. Isn't that one of the reasons BF'ing is better--the baby gets immune system support from the mother?
#142 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 02:10 PM
EBG

Quote:
EBG--Actually I doubt you'll get any suggestions on preparing for them, just suggestions on not vaxing. I've seen several threads asking how to minimize damage (and posted myself--DH is military and they have mandatory vaxes for him) and there are never any replies. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

Is vaxing something you are willing to put your foot down on to your DH? I believe in being submissive to my DH (I know this won't be a popular concept on this forum but that is my belief) but vaxes are the one thing I would not be willing to give in on...fortunately after I did the research and told DH what I found he is fine with not vaxing.

Yes I have tried negotiating and he said no. I believe the ultimate decision is his and I have to submit. He does know some kids have very extreme reactions (our pastors first child - so all of their kids are unvaxed) and even die from it, but he said our kids will be vaxed and that's that. He wouldn't read the evidence against vaccines, even if I put it in front of him. I have tried. I guess I'll keep trying....He thinks I'm brainwashed by some diet cult.

I know the WAPF suggested to give extra CLO and vitamin C. And I can hope and pray. After all I also survived several vaccines including the smallpox and had no reactions to anything. But I'm sure they contributed to my leaky gut.
#143 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 02:12 PM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets
preparing for vaxes... I think Momtezuma in the vax forum has recommended in the past (if one must do vaxes) that you dose your dc with 500 mg of sodium ascorbate (and only sodium ascorbate - not ascorbic acid) prior to the vax (30 minutes or so, i think). definitely do NOT under any circumstance administer any fever reducer after the vax. be diligent in watching for signs of reactions, knowing that reactions may occur up to 2 weeks (or more) after the vax - if a reaction occurs, be firm with the doc and insist that it be reported to VAERS (or get the batch/lot # and brand of the vax and report it yourself).
Thanks, what is sodium ascorbate?
#144 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 02:16 PM

It's a form of vit c that is very absorbable and easily used by cells. It comes in crystals and is a bit hard to find sometimes.
#145 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I've seen several threads asking how to minimize damage (and posted myself--DH is military and they have mandatory vaxes for him) and there are never any replies. But it wouldn't hurt to try.
Then look in the archives because I remember discussions like this coming up -- like the ascorbate acid.

My husband was hesitant too but, by chance, our family practice doc typically recommends at least delaying. We agreed we would delay for a year and then revisit the decision. We haven't really talked much about it since. My son is now 4 and somehow in that time, my husband changed his mind on this.

Actually, it's been so long, I had forgotten. I did play a bit more of a role in helping him reform his position. My husband has a background in a certain type of research design and I found a study that used that same design to show that vaxes were ineffective. I don't have it anymore. Lost that link long ago. But it was one of those cross-national analyses of disease rates and vax rates over time.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#146 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
Yes I have tried negotiating and he said no. I believe the ultimate decision is his and I have to submit. He does know some kids have very extreme reactions (our pastors first child - so all of their kids are unvaxed) and even die from it, but he said our kids will be vaxed and that's that. He wouldn't read the evidence against vaccines, even if I put it in front of him. I have tried. I guess I'll keep trying....He thinks I'm brainwashed by some diet cult.

I know the WAPF suggested to give extra CLO and vitamin C. And I can hope and pray. After all I also survived several vaccines including the smallpox and had no reactions to anything. But I'm sure they contributed to my leaky gut.
If I had to vax this is what I would do (I don't know if your DH would be open to this or not...). I would wait until 2 years (I believe in Japan they don't give any vaxes until age 2 because the immune system can't really do anything with them anyway until that age--there's a technical reason why but I don't remember it, so maybe he would go for that). I would also only give one dose at a time and wait as long as possible between each vax, preferably at least a month if not more. Also, do you have the option of giving only the vaxes that are required for school entry? This number is usually less than what the CDC or AAP recommend (can't remember which) and some vaxes aren't even required so you might have to do fewer vaxes if you can go that route. Good luck and I hope everything goes okay for your DC--I know that is a really tough position to be in.
#147 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

I just ordered my first bottle of CLO and my first tub of coconut oil. Do I get a membership card or something?
#148 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
EBG

Quote:
If I had to vax this is what I would do (I don't know if your DH would be open to this or not...). I would wait until 2 years (I believe in Japan they don't give any vaxes until age 2 because the immune system can't really do anything with them anyway until that age--there's a technical reason why but I don't remember it, so maybe he would go for that). I would also only give one dose at a time and wait as long as possible between each vax, preferably at least a month if not more. Also, do you have the option of giving only the vaxes that are required for school entry? This number is usually less than what the CDC or AAP recommend (can't remember which) and some vaxes aren't even required so you might have to do fewer vaxes if you can go that route. Good luck and I hope everything goes okay for your DC--I know that is a really tough position to be in.
Awww. Thank you guys for all the ideas! I'll try the postponing thing and maybe with the time my DH will change his mind... actually the school thing is not an issue, we are planning to homeshool. It's just that my family totally believes mainstream medical doctrines. The doctor says blahblah blah...
#149 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 03:55 PM

can you go to a dr. that will give a dead vaccination?
#150 of 1002 Old 05-04-2006, 04:00 PM

exzema could also be from chlorine in water. i would buy chlorine filters for shower and bath.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page