Healing the Gut Tribe ~ May - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1002 Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM
EBG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also, if you had the pain before coconut oil, it could also be the nuts or just plain die-off symptoms because of the sugar-withdrawal.
#242 of 1002 Old 05-06-2006, 09:42 PM

thanks--my doctor thinks it's constipation (despite bm's)--but i think the coconut oil could be it. i've been using little bits, so i guess i went fast to 1.5 tbs. i'll slow down. so you think it's die off that causes the pain and not just an inability to digest it? good. i like the idea of die off.

another question for you guys. i'm taking 4 tsp clo a day (garden of life i think). the bumps on my arms, which i read on an nt thread were due to a vit a deficiency, have gotten worse! they were better after i started nt in january, but now they are much more noticeable. can you get them from too much vit a? tho i doubt i'm really getting too much vit a. any thoughts on that?

re acne--all i can say is that i've barely introduced nuts after 5 weeks, and i have some major zits right now. i'm hoping it's somehow from detoxing, but i really don't understand my normally not-so-bad skin looking like this! grrrr. if adding fried foods would help this, i'd be all for it! but i'm going to give my gut a little longer before i make it work any harder, i think.
#243 of 1002 Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 PM

I'm having more die off right now thanks to CO. Constipation and super grumpy! Also very listless and my face looks like it wants to break out. Oh and I have bumps on the backs of my arms.

I'm glad for the die off but also not enjoying it. I'm off to take an epsom salts bath. That usually really helps, it is just hard to fit them in.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#244 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 10:59 AM

More questions here. I was wondering about die off. How long does that last? One reason I am asking about it is that I had problems w/ yeast years ago and was treated by a DO that was a holistic practitioner. She tested w/ some sort of thing hooked up to a computer that she touched to your finger. I took a supplement called Candida Plus (I think), digestive enzymes, and a cleansing tea. That went along w/ some dietary changes but nothing like SCD. BEfore the treatment I was weak, fuzzy headed, had red and burning eyes, some digestive problems, and just generally felt awful. W/ in days of starting this I was a new person. My dh was out of town and came back after a few days and couldn't believe the change. I was skeptical (she pretty much diagnosed everyone she saw and put them on it but they all improved) but it was amazing. Anyway, there was no worse before getting better. It just healed me. So, I am wondering if everyone has die off or could it actuallya be something else related to the diet itself?
#245 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla
I'm having more die off right now thanks to CO. Constipation and super grumpy! Also very listless and my face looks like it wants to break out. Oh and I have bumps on the backs of my arms.

I'm glad for the die off but also not enjoying it. I'm off to take an epsom salts bath. That usually really helps, it is just hard to fit them in.
I made some epsom salt lotion to use--I know I will NEVER get around to taking an epsom salt bath. The "Enzymes for Autism" book mentions the lotion and also epsom salt foot baths, which I might also try. I don't know how they compare to the whole body baths as far as minimizing die-off, but I figured a little was better than none!
#246 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 AM

Wow-I've missed alot! I wanted to reply to a couple of things and then I'll go back over things more throughly...

The bumps on the arms can be many things. Most commonly it's a vitamin A deficiency or a fungal issue...For us it's an allergic reaction. We have no shortage of CLO in kiddos systems and they were always taking a higher vitamin dosage. IT wasn't until dairy and gluten were out that the bumps were gone. Even now, it's how I can tell dd has gotten hidden gluten, or ds, some dairy.

Die off will make your skin get worse before it gets better[-absolutely!

Epsom salts are just about getting the magnesium. IF you won't/can't take baths you can always take it orally.

We had significant sleep issues with dd. Healing her gut was the only step we had to take. I wasn't interested in night weaning and other tactics (for me) minimized the physiological reasons she wasn't sleeping. My case is, of course my case, but healing her gut took care of sleep issues and dark circles (along with plenty of other things!)
#247 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 03:08 PM

I'm on day 4 of the Intro Diet now, and MAN alive, I hope this feeling lets up soon. I'm hyper-reactive, ultra-sensitive, moody and crazy irritable. I have no patience and am wiped out - just wiped all day. The good news is that my loose stool is solidifying and sometimes even sinks (sorry if TMI, but it's important to me).

I have questions: I know it says to broil the meat but I've been cooking it in my frying pan, not thinking about that. Is there a specific reason for broiling? Am I doing damage to the Intro by cooking it in the frying pan? I don't add anything, just use it's own natural juice. I returned my copy of the book to the library so cannot reference it but have one on the way that I purchased.

And: When will I start feeling good? I feel like bum. Am I doing something wrong? The only thing I am doing differently than the book is no DCCC (I cannot find organic), but instead am using drained 24 hour yogurt (cow). I love it BTW, so decadent! I add a bit of honey to it to take away the tart.

Thoughts from the experienced Mamas?
#248 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery

Epsom salts are just about getting the magnesium. IF you won't/can't take baths you can always take it orally.
I personally have not found that oral magnesium works to detox the way that an epsom salts bath does. I feel soooo much better after my bath last night. I take oral magnesium daily but I have to be careful because it tends to cause diahrea in me on a fairly low dose. I used a topical magnesium cream for a while and it caused a yeast skin rash so I quit that. The epsom salts baths do the trick. I usually put some in the tub while I shower and that helps some but when I'm feeling really bad I need to just sit and soak for 30 min in it. That makes the biggest difference of all for me.

our family is <>< and :
#249 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolena
i
have a call into my primary care provider--my stomach hurts so badly! it's hurt all week--tender, like i'm constipated, but i'm having bms (kinda compacted i guess). maybe it's unrelated to the diet, but i feel like i've been poisoned. i introduced nuts this week, but idn't seemto have a reaction (almond cookies, prepared with NT nuts, and zucchini muffins). midweek (after the pain started) i introduced the tbsp of coconut oil before each meal. maybe that's doing it? i have no idea and i'm so frustrate and in pain! did this tender belly thing happen to anyone else? also, my skin now just sucks. i haven't had zits for months, but now i have a few. why is that happening? i'm worried i've made a bad batch of yogurt somewhere along the way and something wrong is growing in me.

we also still have sleep issues. i'm at a loss with them right now.

and i'm thinking about going more closely with eflf, but i'm so scared to introduce grains at all after doing scd. but i haven't seen as much results with the girls as i'd hoped for. their poos are darker now--a more "normal" color (tho often with a lot of orange since carrots are so easy to prepare). anyway.......
are you soaking your nuts this can cause major constipation issues. "Countless nutritionists and living foods experts have all stressed that it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to germinate (soak) all nuts and seeds for at least 12 hours before consuming them.

Germination is a process where all the vitamins, minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids (EFAs) that are dormant in nuts and seeds begin to activate and multiply. Germination also eliminates certain toxins and acids within the dormant nuts and seeds that would interfere with digestion"
#250 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambercrystal
are you soaking your nuts this can cause major constipation issues. "Countless nutritionists and living foods experts have all stressed that it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to germinate (soak) all nuts and seeds for at least 12 hours before consuming them.

Germination is a process where all the vitamins, minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids (EFAs) that are dormant in nuts and seeds begin to activate and multiply. Germination also eliminates certain toxins and acids within the dormant nuts and seeds that would interfere with digestion"
When she said "NT nuts" she meant they were soaked.
#251 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 08:54 PM

yep--i'm soaking my nuts. i use a little premade nut flour, but i can absolutely feel the effect when i use it instead of homemade stuff. (This is why i'm hesistant to get dh on the diet--doing this for four people will do me in!) i have also been using non-organic dry curd cc, but as soon as i use up my last couple packs, i'm going the dripped yogurt route (altho i broke my candy thermometer and my "winging it" yogurt failed). it makes my heart feel funny when i eat it--i'm so sensitive now!

and i can't believe coconut oil did all that! i thought i was really sick. now i guess it means i have lots more healing to do. how long did it take you to build up to a tablespoon from a teaspoon of cocnut oil?

also glad to know the face breaking-out stuff might be die-off related, but i'm going to a wedding in a couple weeks and my vanity is saying--do what you must to look presentable! which is what? sigh. i guess i'll just see what happens.

fwiw--i thought maybe i could go ahead and give the girls dried fruit yesterday after they busted me eating some, but alas, some made it through undigested, so i guess i will give up that goodie too.

chasmyn-- i felt lousy til about day 5. i felt ok after a week, but then the girls got sick and then i did too, and it's just been waves of ok to lousy. i felt ok today, and the girls have been seeming phenomenol for the past few days.

maybe i'll put coconut oil on my arms and see what happens......
#252 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
EBG

Oh yeah, CO made my skin worse, too, in the beginning, until a decreased the dosage. I also jumped right in so I got a lot of big pimples on my face and bumps on arms. I still get bumps on my arms but my face is a lot better.
I just did 1 tsp once, then twice, then 3 times, and then 1 tbs , 11/2 etc, I think I'm not taking more than 2 at the moment. I keep forgetting, I take so many supplements. If I go over 2 tbs or 3 I get sick at night. I like to think it's the die-off and not that I can't digest it. My enzymes have lipases so I think it's not the digestion.
#253 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 09:36 PM

I made Jane's cashew cake YUMMMMYYYY!!! I'm thrilled!!! The texture is awesome! I made a loaf of bread too. Saving that for sandwiches for tomorrow.

Nicolena- Have you tried washing your face with the coconut oil? I started doing the oil cleansing method a year or more ago. I started out with castor oil and evoo. I've slowly changed it over time and now I wash with just coconut oil. Just rub it in really good and rinse off with hot water and a wash cloth. I do that at night and use honey to wash my face in the morning. I find it to be a pain to do the ocm 2x a day but my skin looked the best when I did that. CO is really amazing stuff.

That ES bath really helped me. I'm feeling funky again but not as bad as yesterday. It isn't helping that dd has been sleeping really badly. I'm going to try irish spring soap in the bed tonight to see if that helps. I keep most of our sleep woes to myself because I just don't want the advice. Every time I mention it to someone I get great advice like "All I had to do was tell my kids it was time to go to bed and they went. Have you tried that?" Or "If you don't do CIO now she will still be sleeping with you when she is 25. The only way kids ever learn how to sleep on their own is when their parents force them to." That last lovely gem was from my own dear sister.:

our family is <>< and :
#254 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 10:22 PM

patty--tell em it could be worse...you could have TWO 17 m.o. girls attached to your boobs all night! and mine would not sleep when i was doing too much coconut oil. gah!

i haven't washed my face with co, but i was using it as moisturizer until my face got really bad. duh! i have done some of the stupidest things on this diet. but i used to use olive oil to wash my face awhile back. i'll try it. how do you wash your face with honey?

but the girls' behavior/happiness level the past few days has been awesome. and i think they've gained weight. i'll try to get them on the scale tomorrow. it's taken a while to see results, but i think they're starting.
#255 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 10:54 PM

Mamas, I'm coming back to this thread, to complain once again, I'm sorry, I just feel most connected to you guys

Let's see....my lil' guy, the one w/the sleep apnea and allergic nose and such. Well RAST test came back. No allergies whatsoever, environmental or food. In fact, his total IgE was 0 (or was that IgG--I forget). So his constant nightwaking seems to be structural in nature (I'm hoping not the tonsils or adnoids) so we are off to an ENT to see what the deal is. And probably off to surgery, again, for him. Poor lil' guy had surgery at 6w. At least I'll be able to get his umbilical hernia fixed at the same time. **sigh**

My big guy has been OUT OF FREAKIN' CONTROL. He is acting like he usually does when he is eating something he is allergic to. He is terrorizing our cats, b/c "likes to hurt them" and today at the mall, he shoplifted. I swear to god, this child is going to be the death of me. We had to do the whole riot act in the mall security office, and the cop was like, "well it seems like he must have picked this up somewhere...." implying that my son must have saw me shoplift at some point. Note to self, do not take children w/you during petty theft. AND we got the results back from his allergy tests.

Back in the day when we got him tested, he barely tested, his levels were 0/1 for corn, peanuts and carrots. We cut it out and he was fantastic. The cat abuse stopped, the incessant jumping on the bed stopped (which is happening now), and his red ring around his anus went away and eczema. Then, of course, he became 'reactive' to something else, and we cut it out, and then something else bothered him and something else, and on and on and on until I had 35-40 foods cut out of my diet and his. Sounds very leaky, no?

Anywho, he tested 0/1 for chocolate, coconut, and egg whites. 1 for honey and rice (and honey bees), and 2 for dogs. So, this is what I'm thinking: he is not getting enough enzymes and the coconut and egg whites and honey (we're not eating chocolate ) are slipping through the holes in the gut causing a reaction and barely measuring as an IgG reaction---does this make sense to anyone else?

And I just ordered the quercetin powder for both boys to start. I'm going to step up the EVCO, probiotics (GoL), and enzymes for my big guy and add the quercetin. We're also going to go back to the beginning w/him and cut out honey and fruits to kill this damn yeast. And we are going to stop nursing while this is going on. Sounds like a plan, no?

Oh, and back to my lil' guy. So I said it seems like a structural issue as he is testing absolutely positively negative, right? Well since it has been 4 yrs since I had a taste of peanut butter, I had some It was heavenly. We made the PB brownies in the SCD w/the coconut creme concentrate/honey icing recipe (thanks ) and that night, my lil' guy is stuffed up worse than ever, copious white and thick snot. Some of it clear, constantly running. So I didn't take any enzymes before I had some PB, so I'm hoping that it was just PB that snuck through *my* leaky gut and caused a reaction in him. Any thoughts on that one? Oh, and we are going back to cranial sacral b/c it seemed to be working.

I'm doing great actually, except that I'm totally and chronically sleep deprived, but as I've been reading here, it seems like I'm not alone Oh, and does anyone know why I am unable to sleep when the baby nurses? This makes no sense to me, I was able to pass out w/my older DS, but now I wake totally up and stay awake until he is done nursing Could this be some kind of deficiency or something? I take magnesium at night, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Last night I was up for a good 3 hrs while I was trying to sleep. Fun, no? Oh, but besides this (and sorry for the novel), I'm feeling great. No digestive stuff, nothing. About to step up on the EVCO for myself---oh, is that rose mtn herbs or whathaveyou a good deal at $25 or $28?? Is it good quality?? AND, I'm going to schedule surgery to get my lumpy bumpy out as the homeopathy has kind of stalled. I'm feeling really good about this.

I think that is it...oh, no, I forgot. My hubby's brother and wife called a lil' while ago, and we have a new nephew Born in a birth center (was planning a hospital birth, but they have a labor and birth on your back policy and an episiotomy "only when necessary" policy) at 37w exactly, 6lbs 6oz, a bunch of dark black hair And he will be kept intact and she is breastfeeding (was planning to FF). So I'm ecstatic for them.

Okay, off to bed

Sorry we are all in the same boat here, here's to healthy days my friends
#256 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Amy, these are symptomatic relief, but have you tried those "Breathe Rite" nasal strips for your son's stuffy nose? (I am assuming he isn't on CPAP). I believe they have a children's size?? Maybe the adult's small would do it. Also, there is a new nasal spray X-Clear which I have found to help clear my nasal passages.

I also found that my nasal stuffiness was induced by perfumes in lotions, make up, hair spray, etc. I saw that you mentioned homeopathy, so euclyptus is out. You might try some lavendar on the pillow to help open nasal passages too.

When I can't get back to sleep, we use an aromatherapy called "Peace & Calming". It appears to be available on-line. It really helps to settle the mind and relax me back to sleep. I have also used the Bach flower remedy "White Chestnut" for "when thoughts go round and round in my head" at night.

As far as the red ring around the anus, we always found that associated with dairy. (and with green stools) Not sure that is relevant for you all. We have increase physical activity with High Fructose Corn Syrup, but I am gleeming that this must be taboo around here. Is there a "Healing Your Gut-101" sticky somewhere?

Best wishes, Pat

I have a blog.
#257 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:27 PM

magnesium orally depends on the form and the particular supplement. I had no results orally until finding Natural Vitality. It works better for me than the epsom salt baths...maybe it's just me. It's the same for my kiddos though.
#258 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolena
patty--tell em it could be worse...you could have TWO 17 m.o. girls attached to your boobs all night! and mine would not sleep when i was doing too much coconut oil. gah!

i haven't washed my face with co, but i was using it as moisturizer until my face got really bad. duh! i have done some of the stupidest things on this diet. but i used to use olive oil to wash my face awhile back. i'll try it. how do you wash your face with honey?

but the girls' behavior/happiness level the past few days has been awesome. and i think they've gained weight. i'll try to get them on the scale tomorrow. it's taken a while to see results, but i think they're starting.
I just use honey like a face wash. I keep a cup of it near the shower.

That is great that your girls are doing so well!!! I'm trying something new tonight on the theory that dd has restless leg. My father swears by soap in the bed for leg cramps and apparently it works for restless leg syndrome for some people too. We rubbed a bar all over her legs before bed and then put it in her bed near her feet. Here's hoping.

our family is <>< and :
#259 of 1002 Old 05-07-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD

And I just ordered the quercetin powder for both boys to start. I'm going to step up the EVCO, probiotics (GoL), and enzymes for my big guy and add the quercetin. We're also going to go back to the beginning w/him and cut out honey and fruits to kill this damn yeast. And we are going to stop nursing while this is going on. Sounds like a plan, no?

Oh, and back to my lil' guy. So I said it seems like a structural issue as he is testing absolutely positively negative, right? Well since it has been 4 yrs since I had a taste of peanut butter, I had some It was heavenly. We made the PB brownies in the SCD w/the coconut creme concentrate/honey icing recipe (thanks ) and that night, my lil' guy is stuffed up worse than ever, copious white and thick snot. Some of it clear, constantly running. So I didn't take any enzymes before I had some PB, so I'm hoping that it was just PB that snuck through *my* leaky gut and caused a reaction in him. Any thoughts on that one? Oh, and we are going back to cranial sacral b/c it seemed to be working.

I'm doing great actually, except that I'm totally and chronically sleep deprived, but as I've been reading here, it seems like I'm not alone Oh, and does anyone know why I am unable to sleep when the baby nurses? This makes no sense to me, I was able to pass out w/my older DS, but now I wake totally up and stay awake until he is done nursing Could this be some kind of deficiency or something? I take magnesium at night, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Last night I was up for a good 3 hrs while I was trying to sleep. Fun, no? Oh, but besides this (and sorry for the novel), I'm feeling great. No digestive stuff, nothing. About to step up on the EVCO for myself---oh, is that rose mtn herbs or whathaveyou a good deal at $25 or $28?? Is it good quality?? AND, I'm going to schedule surgery to get my lumpy bumpy out as the homeopathy has kind of stalled. I'm feeling really good about this.
I'm confused about why you are planning to wean...

I'm thinking about getting cranial sacral for my dd. It has helped me a ton in the past. DH wants to wait and see...

Is nursing uncomfortable? I know my nips sometimes are kinda itchy inside while dd is nursing. I assume that is because of the yeast. I am hopeful that getting rid of the yeast will clear that up too. When it itches I have trouble sleeping. And when dd is kicking me and moving from side to side to side...

our family is <>< and :
#260 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Amy-is it possible you need a new remedy? When you stall it can indicate the need for re-evaluation. Hope things are going well for you in that respect. I would do the CST no question! I love it-especially used with homeopathy-do your kids have remedies? Why are you weaning to do this? They are only going to benefit getting all of these supplements through your BM!
#261 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 09:47 AM

I wash my face with coconut oil daily, though have never left it on as a moisturizer. I have done really well using it with tamanu oil-not sure if I'd be brave enough to leave it on though!
#262 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the ideas and support mamas

Sorry for the confusion, but we are just going to temporarily wean so that my older guy doesn't get the lactose from my breastmilk while we are trying to kill his yeast. Am I thinking this through wrong?

I've been a tad frustrated (to put it mildly) w/my homeopath. He is impossible to reach and only works, tues, wed and thurs. He is best reached through e-mail and hasn't been responding regularly. I just called into the surgeon and am waiting for her to call back so we can set up a time. We have had no luck finding my older son's constitutional. I don't really think my homeopath 'gets' what is going on w/his behavior (the reactions). He asked me the other day how he was doing w/the cat abuse, and I said, well, as long as he is not eating soy or gluten he is fine. I just don't think he gets it. FF, aren't you in New England? I know you love your homeopath.

Oh, we're going to buy some breathe rite strips tonight. I looked them up a while back and the smallest I saw was small adult, but I'm totally going to try them anyway.

And, yes, nursing is wicked uncomfortable, but not due to itchiness (which screams yeast), but it just feels wrong somehow. He was 4 in Feb, & since having #2, his latch, his mouth & even his suck is just wrong. It sucks as I can't wait for him to wean, but I know he is definately not ready to do so---hoping by 5, but not seeming likely.

Pattyla, how did the soap work out??
#263 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
EBG

It's a little OT, but I would be interested how much Quercetin to take?
I have an Ester C (1000mg) with Quercetin (200mg) and I take it 2 times day. Is that enough? (to help with die-off)
#264 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:12 PM
EBG

Another question, one of my nipples is also mildly itchy sometimes when baby is nursing, is that a sign of thrush? I don't see any rash or anything. But I think I have systemic candida.
How do you intentify thrush in baby's mouth? She doesn't have cottage cheese stuff but her tongue is a little whitish, can it be from just breastmilk?
How do you treat it on the nipple and mouth? Will CO work?
#265 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
It's a little OT, but I would be interested how much Quercetin to take?
I have an Ester C (1000mg) with Quercetin (200mg) and I take it 2 times day. Is that enough? (to help with die-off)
Thanks for asking this, I forgot to ask myself I have a 4 yr old and a 17m old any ideas for dosage of the powder??

And totally, OT, it seems like we have a lot of 17m olds here
#266 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 PM

AmyD, I just wanted to give you some virtual hugs...you're going through so much right now.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#267 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM

EBG -- yes, itching can be thrush. Shooting pains in your breast while nursing is a sign of systemic yeast.

In baby, the white spots are the most noticable sign. One common sign that people don't associate as much: baby latches and takes one or two sucks, then pulls off and screams.

There should be legions of threads on this issue in the BFing forum.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#268 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Does anyone know if CO can cause digestive trouble in a BF baby if the mom takes too much of it to start with? I had maybe 2 tsp. of it yesterday, PLUS a ton of cookies made with CO as the fat, and my baby had a horrible time in the beginning of the night. I had a sore stomach and almost felt nauseated as well. Do you think my son felt that way from getting the CO through my BM?

I'm going to avoid the CO totally today and see what happens tonight. I've already cut down to one enzyme tablet.

It was so bad I was ALMOST thinking about letting him CIO...but I just don't think I could ever let him do that. The thought of him feeling like I did AND being abandoned... Sigh.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#269 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:20 PM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
EBG -- yes, itching can be thrush. Shooting pains in your breast while nursing is a sign of systemic yeast.

In baby, the white spots are the most noticable sign. One common sign that people don't associate as much: baby latches and takes one or two sucks, then pulls off and screams.

There should be legions of threads on this issue in the BFing forum.
Thanks! She doesn't do this and she has no white spots or patches, it's just an overall white coating.BF-ing is not painful at all.
I didn't have nipple itching before I started the diet, can it be from die-off? I'll check out the BF threads.
#270 of 1002 Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 PM

A white coating towards the back of the tongue is normal in a bf babe. It's when it creeps up and covers the tongue that it is a real problem. The scratching can be die off-or an indication that the yeast is getting worse.

Amy-I am in NE and drive more than 2 hours to see him (and I'm doing it again tomorrow!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page