MY dd needs cracky toe help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2006, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really hope someone can help me. My dd, 4, gets what we call "cracky toe." Her toes crack and bleed underneath. They hurt so badly that she will cry, and will sometimes refuse to walk.
At first I blamed it on her socks, but she gets it in the summertime when she goes barefoot as well. I have tried everything I can think of to help her. We have tried prescription creams, athlete's foot sprays and creams, powder, antibacterial creams, drying very well after baths, but nothing seems to help. Her ped. is at a loss, but won't refer us to a dermatologist. (That's a whole other issue.)
I would like to be able to do more than heal the outbreaks, and want to stop it from happening. Has anyone had experience with anything like this, or know of something else I can try?

DD: I'm bored and want to play Me: What about me? I can play. DD: No thanks, I mean a real person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 12:18 AM

is it due to dry skin? coating with olive oil or coconut oil may help. I believe both are antibacterial as well. Is her skin dry anywhere else maybe add omega3 oil (flax oil or ground flax seeds are a good source) to her diet as well.

hope she heals soon.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:42 AM

OMG, I totally had that when I was younger! I thought I was the only one who did. I can remember the cracks, and pulling sock lint out of them (that was actually kind of cool . The only thing I remember doing was putting Desitin (diaper rash ointment) on them. I don't know if that helped or if I just used it because it happened to be in the house. At some point I guess I just outgrew it.

But, yeah, it did hurt and I would have to run on the outside of my feet when they were really bad. It happened whether I wore shoes, or ran barefoot all summer.

Sorry I can't help fix it, but at least know that it has happened to others. I have no idea why. I don't know if my mom ever took me to the pedi for it, maybe he was the one who recommended the diaper rash ointment. Maybe a calendula would help?

User Tag List