asthma question concerning toddlers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took my son to the doctor's last night to confirm that he had an ear infection. The doctor is not our regular doctor but is in the same practice. He was coughing and she says that he probably has asthma. She listened to his chest and said he was wheezing on the exhale like asthma sufferers do. His father and cousin have asthma so we have a family connection. Also he has had croup five times in the last two years. She says that only asthmatic kids get deep chest colds like that- not necessarily true since I get deep chest coughs when I get a cold and I do not have asthma. I have been cutting out dairy as much as possible since he seems to have coughs that linger frequently although that is getting better. For those of you with toddlers with asthma how did you know? What do you do for it? My nephew has asthma bad and had his first serious attack at 6 weeks and my son is nothing like him. None of the other doctors we have seen including our own is concerned about asthma. Thanks. Sorry for the rambling.

Mama to two loqacious and bouncy boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-25-2006, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son had croup alot. He had pneumonia 2x within 6 mos. He was always coughing and wheezing. He had a lot of ear infections. He has never had an asthma attack but problems with regular breathing. We suspected he had asthma when he was about 6 mos old. They usually don't test for asthma until about age 2. You should go see a doctor that specializes in asthma and allergies. they will be able to tell if your son has asthma.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page