Healing the Gut Tribe - June!!! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#751 of 770 Old 06-30-2006, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jane, do I remember you warning against grapefruit seed extract? Or was it olive leaf extract? I seem to remember you mentioning something about one of these.

I was thinking of getting some GSE for dd1.
#752 of 770 Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Except for the fact that I've just finished MT's incredible book and I'm nowhere near in her league!
#753 of 770 Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
I can post the cabbage juice recipe, if you're interested, though.
Yes please, can you post in this Allergies thread:
Probiotics for Allergies and Eczema
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=467776
#754 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Also many things like leaky gut and especially it's connection to bf'ing that is so theoretical at this point. Hard to claim a connection in print based on "gut feeling" and reading between the lines.
I am not following ya' here. A link between breastfeeding and Having a leaky gut?? Or not breastfeeding? What is your theory? I missed this detail!!

Thanks, Pat

I have a blog.
#755 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 06:17 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=3760901 This is the product recomended to me by the naturopath for me to take to benefit both me and dd through my bm.

It is available cheaper other places.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#756 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 07:15 PM

Ok, I'm still breastfeeding DD who is 2.5. If I start taking enzymes might she see a benefit from them? Or should she get her own? I worry about overload.

I believe we both have trouble digesting & absorbing food. My stools are floaters & hers are very soft with undigested bits.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#757 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 07:23 PM

chlobo, she'll get some through bm but could benefit from them w/her solids as well. I give my nursling enzymes directly and she also gets some from me. (I focus mostly on her though and don't use them all the time myself.) The key is to go reeeally slowly and build up to tolerance.
#758 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 11:16 PM

Can someone post a link to the "SCD Chef..Let's share" thread. I cannot find it anywhere (w/o search). I'm looking to make the cashew butter bread that Jane posted

Oh, and an update on the cake we made for the wedding. So we made Jane's cashew butter cake....OMGoodness. It was delicious!! I also made the honey frosting. Now, all of us, including the 4 yr old sweetaholic, found the icing to be too sweet. I got a wicked headache and my 4 yr old started feeling nauseous. So I cannot recommend it...just too sweet. But the cake was awesome!
#759 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 11:19 PM

Does anyone know how often an EBF baby should poop? I've read that it's normal for them to go up to a week between poops but I don't know if that's really accurate. DD has always pooped at least once a day, but since I started this new diet she has been pooping less frequently, more like every other day, and often smaller poops, too. As far as I could tell she has normal poops before.
#760 of 770 Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
Can someone post a link to the "SCD Chef..Let's share" thread. I cannot find it anywhere (w/o search). I'm looking to make the cashew butter bread that Jane posted
Found it! It should be ready in 45min.

Good question on the EBF and pooping. I'm not sure. Why would an EBF babe get constipated anyway? Why would an EBF babe not have a bowel movement every day either???
#761 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 12:02 AM

I always wondered that too. My ebf babies always pooped better when I drank more water. My nursling still does, even though she's not ebf anymore.
#762 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 12:18 AM

Argh. The lack of the search function is driving me nuts.

I thought I just posted on a "Starting SCD" thread, but I can't find it. Anyone?
#763 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 12:22 AM

Re: Nature Calm

Can't find it anywhere in Canada of course, but which do you think it the better product: Natural Calm or Calm Mama Formula ?

Also, I think the kids might need some to. How do I know for sure though. Just try it out and see if things improve for them? I'm very ingnorant of these issues.
If I do give the kids any (almost 4 and 2 years), should I just give the original Nature Calm (but with child-sized doses of course) or the Calm Kids Formula?

This purchase will be a one a long while type deal, because I'm sure the import surcharges will be quite pricey.

TIA all
#764 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 AM

Never mind about finding that thread. I had it open in another browser tab

For anyone who's interested, the thread is here: Support for Intro SCD diet! We need it!

And the other thread requested: SCD chefs...let's share!
#765 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 12:33 AM

Yep, I'm posting again in the June thread, even though it's obviously July. I'm much too shy to start the new thread.

So, ANYWAY, does anyone know a place in Canada that sells the Freeda line of supplements?

Digestive Wellness sells them, and while I might be able to find a different brand that is SCD friendly, if I can find this line in Canada, all the better.

Thank ya.
#766 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 09:14 PM

What's the link for the July thread? I can't find the thread.

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#767 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
Does anyone know how often an EBF baby should poop? I've read that it's normal for them to go up to a week between poops but I don't know if that's really accurate. DD has always pooped at least once a day, but since I started this new diet she has been pooping less frequently, more like every other day, and often smaller poops, too. As far as I could tell she has normal poops before.
My DD used to poop once ot wtice a day, sometimes she would skip a day or two then resume.

Now, however, she is horribly constipated. She is refusing to nurse due to a virus than caused sores in her mouth (day 8). She only eats pureed vegetables, bananas, egg yolks, meat and yogurt. she only accepts water to drink but not enough. Besides the epsom salt bath is there anything I can do? Will prunes help? Although she doesn't like frutis and juices except for bananas. Or would upping her CLO help?
By constipation I mean -hard balls in her diaper after a day of nothing, she's whyney all day long but that's probably due to being sick. How can I make her drink more?

Also, when can I start enzymes? which ones and how strong? The problem is that except for the bananas, everything is cooked.
She is turning 1 tomorrow.
Would culturelle be appropriate at this age.
Since she just quit nursing, should I get the Natren Life Start thing?
I assume she gets enough acidophilus from yogurt.

I'm worried about her nutrition. She lost a ton of weight. She was almost ebf until 8 days ago so now that she went cold turkey with bf, I'm really worried. I try to give her a lot of butter with her meat and veggies. How many egg yolks would provide enough cholesterol? She eats 1-2 a day.

Please help!!!
#768 of 770 Old 07-02-2006, 09:41 PM

Just started the July thread.
See you over there.
#769 of 770 Old 07-03-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
My DD used to poop once ot wtice a day, sometimes she would skip a day or two then resume.

Now, however, she is horribly constipated. She is refusing to nurse due to a virus than caused sores in her mouth (day 8). She only eats pureed vegetables, bananas, egg yolks, meat and yogurt. she only accepts water to drink but not enough. Besides the epsom salt bath is there anything I can do? Will prunes help? Although she doesn't like frutis and juices except for bananas. Or would upping her CLO help?
By constipation I mean -hard balls in her diaper after a day of nothing, she's whyney all day long but that's probably due to being sick. How can I make her drink more?

Also, when can I start enzymes? which ones and how strong? The problem is that except for the bananas, everything is cooked.
She is turning 1 tomorrow.
Would culturelle be appropriate at this age.
Since she just quit nursing, should I get the Natren Life Start thing?
I assume she gets enough acidophilus from yogurt.

I'm worried about her nutrition. She lost a ton of weight. She was almost ebf until 8 days ago so now that she went cold turkey with bf, I'm really worried. I try to give her a lot of butter with her meat and veggies. How many egg yolks would provide enough cholesterol? She eats 1-2 a day.

Please help!!!

Stop giving her bananas, they are constipating as is rice or rice cereal, or anything with iron in it. Ripe pear works really well, if you can get her to take some of that in some yogurt or something. Or I would get some Bio-k and give that to her. Store bought yogurt actually has a low amount of acidophilus, not enough really to do anything particularly if it's yogurt that is sweetened.

Blueberries are also good for constipation. Personally I would really really try to get her nursing again.
#770 of 770 Old 07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music-mommy
Stop giving her bananas, they are constipating as is rice or rice cereal, or anything with iron in it. Ripe pear works really well, if you can get her to take some of that in some yogurt or something. Or I would get some Bio-k and give that to her. Store bought yogurt actually has a low amount of acidophilus, not enough really to do anything particularly if it's yogurt that is sweetened.

Blueberries are also good for constipation. Personally I would really really try to get her nursing again.
I don't give her cereal or any grains. I make my own yogurt, it's not store-bought. She doesn't eat a lot of bananas, but I'll stop it if it helps. She ate some prunes-apples with the yogurt. I'm trying to get her nurse all the time. What is Bio-K?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page