Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.mothering.com/forum/45-women-s-health/)
-   -   Help - the garlic clove got lost/stuck (http://www.mothering.com/forum/45-women-s-health/462131-help-garlic-clove-got-lost-stuck.html)

CrazyCatLady 06-02-2006 12:18 PM

I've been using garlic off and on for years to treat various yeast and other vaginal infections. I woke up this morning to take the clove out. I thought it had fallen out because I couldn't find it anywhere. After digging deep, I could just feel it and poke at it/scrape it. But I can't grab it to get it out. What do I do? I did not put it that far up there, it must have moved during the night? I really don't want to have to call my midwife over this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mariposita 06-02-2006 12:58 PM

happened once to me while taking precaucions for gbs during pregnancy. i tied and tried and couldn't get it out so i just waited and went about my day and it came out several hours later. so i'd just do that, then call your midwife if it still won't come out. until then, stay a home 'cause you'll smell like garlic!

Boadicea 06-02-2006 01:16 PM

Do you have a partner that could help you fish for it? I know, not necessarily how you want your partner to see you, but better than some alternatives.

CrazyCatLady 06-02-2006 02:52 PM

His fingers are shorter and fatter than mine. So there isn't much that he could do. How long can it stay there before it does any harm? Thanks

TopazBlueMama 06-02-2006 08:44 PM

I'm sorry! Though it's hard not to laugh! I know I've worried about that happening before! Then I learned the cheesecloth trick. I really really hope it comes out for you soon! Maybe it'll disintigrate. Try kegals? I dunno!

CrazyCatLady 06-02-2006 09:32 PM

I used to use cheescloth when I was a teen because I would be sensitive to the garlic. But I stopped using it a long time ago. I did finally get it out not that long ago. It was an interesting ordeal. So if this every happens to anyone else, feel free to ask me for advice. I now know all the things that don't work and what actually does.

Momtezuma Tuatara 06-02-2006 09:57 PM

Wash your hands, and then go sit on the toilet. Insert third and fourth fingers to try to find it, and then, as the same time, push down, as if you were pushing a baby out. That will shorten the length of the vaginal passage and you might be able to feel it. Sequester it in one corner, and pull it down the side. It might work. It should work. The key to the pushing down, is to use the lower abdominals. you can feel that now if you are sitting on a chair. Try to push with the muscles UNDER your belly bottom. Can you feel your labia pushing down into the chair seat? No? Keep trying until you can.

Then go and try. You might need to use your other hand on the outside of the abdomen to push down, as well... but I find that just makes it worse...

CrazyCatLady 06-02-2006 10:04 PM

Yeah, that's almost what I had to do. I did a deep squat and pushed down hard while using a weird hook shape with my finger to grab at it. This is so embarrassing and way TMI. I didn't want to push though because I heard that it's dangerous to do that when you're pregnant. But it did work. Thanks again everyone.

Momtezuma Tuatara 06-02-2006 10:46 PM

Not half as embarrassing have having someone else retrieve a rotted garlic clove

DreamsInDigital 06-03-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Not half as embarrassing have having someone else retrieve a rotted garlic clove
:

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but MT has a way with words.

CrazyCatLady 06-03-2006 12:17 AM

I know, she cracks me up too

BusyMommy 06-03-2006 12:35 AM

I'm laughing WITH you...