Mothering Forum banner

Need recomendation for dosing. Re: Ascorbate Acid/Sodium Ascorbate

552 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Baby Hopes 
#1 ·
My husband and I have just come down with sneezes, runny nose, and bad cough.
: Normally Dh doses his diseas with all sorts of fancy over the counter drugs. Nyquil and what not. I'm usually of the tendency to "ride it out." Preferring the stuffy head to the druggy feeling that inevitably comes with all those OTC drugs. Not to mention I'm nursing.

Anyway, I've been reading about the benefits of ascorbate acid and am considering picking some up this morning. I came online to check what folk's suggestions where and ran accross some information on sodium ascorbate.

I'm feeling quite
: trying to figure out which I should try and purchase. Should I be looking for the sodium ascorbate rather then the ascorbate acid? If my 6 month old and 2 1/2 year old end up getting this crud, would I be able to use it with them? My 6 month old is nursing... but my 2 1/2 year old is currently not. (I think we're weaning. It's been a full week since her last nursing... and honestly, I'm happy about it. So I probably won't be offering to nurse her if she gets sick.
)

Anybody have a suggestion?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.