Eczema and hormonal changes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had eczema for almost all of my 35 years. I don't think it's related to a food allergy, both because I've been allergy tested and because I'm vegan and haven't eaten wheat in over two months (on a diet). The only constant I've noticed over my life is that the rashes seem to ebb and flow depending on my monthly cycle. During pregnancy my rash gets horrible. After birth it slowly goes back to its normal mild state.

Has anyone else had or heard of eczema being linked to hormonal changes? If so, is there anything I can do to get rid of it once and for all?

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Weather changes are a biggie for me.
#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 10:52 PM

i also have exzema and would highly recommend a book called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. there are affirmations for every illness and it works like a charm for me
#4 of 6 Old 07-05-2006, 11:21 PM

Wow, I was just thinking about this. While some foods do aggravate my eczema when it is already inflamed (lots of dairy, chocolate or coffee), I don't feel that it is due to a food allergy. I think, at least for me, that it has much more to do with hormonal changes. For instance, the first time it got really really bad for me was when I was about 12-13. Then it flared up again badly after the birth of each of my children. I was diagnosed hypothyroid and once that was under control it was better but not great. Last week it flared up unbelievably bad, and then a day later I got my period.

So while I don't know that it's 100% caused by hormonal fluctuations, I think they have a lot to do with it.
#5 of 6 Old 07-06-2006, 09:50 AM

my posts have been and continue to be used to harrass me, so this information is gone now, too.:
#6 of 6 Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
EBG

There is a name for it, too. Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis. For some women the immune system reacts with a histamine reaction whenever progesterone levels are elevated. If you google it you'll probably find a few articles, I don't have any links saved but I read about it recently as I have eczema, too. It showed up during my third trimester and my babe is 1.

However, I believe that it's yeast related. At least mine. Hormone fluctuations worsen systemic candida. Candida overgrowth is one of the major causes of leaky gut. Leaky gut is also believed to be the root of allergies. For more info check out the healing the gut tribe cheat sheet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page