Symptomatic Group B Strep Vaginitis HELP!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 62 Old 08-04-2014, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I hope this message may help some of you. I too was diagnosed with a high culture of group b strep and experienced the most unbearable itching for months. Once I was diagnosed and read all these comments I immediately thought this itching was something I would be dealing with for years, I kept on at my drs who wouldn't believe that group b strep could cause symptoms of itching until a dr suggested I could have vaginal eczema. I was prescribed antihistamines, a steroid cream and a special soap to wash with and I can now tell you that the itching has completely stopped. I believe the eczema was somehow brought on by the group b strep, although my dr will not confirm that. I wanted to share this with you ladies, although most of these posts are very old and may not help/ reach you now, but as an alternative route, this might be something you ladies may like to explore with your drs. I feel all your pain and hope my story might help you too.
From a very happy ex group b strep sufferer.
Good luck and I hope if any of you do read this, you will update me as to how you get on.
PS if anybody asks, I will give you the exact meds my dr prescribed.
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 62 Old 03-31-2015, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wonder if any of you have found a permanent cure? I'm suffering from Strep B vaginitis too since taking multiple rounds of antibiotics for UTI's and yeast medications. This was about 6 months ago and I've been suffering ever since. My doctor does not want anything to do with it because it is not common knowledge that strep B can cause these symptoms. The symptoms I'm having are:
- White pasty thick discharge (no odor)
- Burning
- Painful intercourse
- Since a few weeks bladder pain, frequent and painful urination.

I've started to take Allicin (Allimax) two weeks a go, a really heavy dose, but have seen no improvement. I'm now beginning a bunch of other supplements and have bought Hibiclens as a vaginal wash. If this doesn't work I think I have to go the antibiotic route, which I'd rather not...

If someone has found a way out of this, please report. I will update my experiences as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page