Here's the new thread!
#2 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM
EBG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
reposting from June thread:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
Does anyone know how often an EBF baby should poop? I've read that it's normal for them to go up to a week between poops but I don't know if that's really accurate. DD has always pooped at least once a day, but since I started this new diet she has been pooping less frequently, more like every other day, and often smaller poops, too. As far as I could tell she has normal poops before.

My DD used to poop once ot wtice a day, sometimes she would skip a day or two then resume.

Now, however, she is horribly constipated. She is refusing to nurse due to a virus than caused sores in her mouth (day 8). She only eats pureed vegetables, bananas, egg yolks, meat and yogurt. she only accepts water to drink but not enough. Besides the epsom salt bath is there anything I can do? Will prunes help? Although she doesn't like frutis and juices except for bananas. Or would upping her CLO help?
By constipation I mean -hard balls in her diaper after a day of nothing, she's whyney all day long but that's probably due to being sick. How can I make her drink more?

Also, when can I start enzymes? which ones and how strong? The problem is that except for the bananas, everything is cooked.
She is turning 1 tomorrow.
Would culturelle be appropriate at this age.
Since she just quit nursing, should I get the Natren Life Start thing?
I assume she gets enough acidophilus from yogurt.

I'm worried about her nutrition. She lost a ton of weight. She was almost ebf until 8 days ago so now that she went cold turkey with bf, I'm really worried. I try to give her a lot of butter with her meat and veggies. How many egg yolks would provide enough cholesterol? She eats 1-2 a day.

Please help!!!

Edina, Mama to Reuben 9-15-02 Lydia 9-26-03 and Betsy 7-3-05

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:13-14a
#3 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

EBG, I'm sorry about your little one!

I started giving dd enzymes before she was a year old. I started with a mild type that my naturopath gave us. Now we use Zyme Prime from Houston's. Go slowly with them though (like a tiny little sprinkle on her food.)

Are you pumping to keep up your milk supply? Perhaps she'll take b'milk in a sippy?

Does she like avocado? They are full of the good fats she needs.

Yes! You can give her diluted prune juice. (I often do.) How long has it been since she's had a bm? If it's really bad you can give her a glycerin suppository. That'll give her immediate relief. Fleet makes them for babies. (I'm sad to say that I know this all too well as we're battling constipation in our house again this weekend. )

Just mo, but I wouldn't up her clo right now. I'd focus on getting her to eat some more and start the enzymes.
#4 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Re: Nature Calm

Can't find it anywhere in Canada of course, but which do you think it the better product: Natural Calm or Calm Mama Formula ?

Also, I think the kids might need some to. How do I know for sure though. Just try it out and see if things improve for them? I'm very ingnorant of these issues.
If I do give the kids any (almost 4 and 2 years), should I just give the original Nature Calm (but with child-sized doses of course) or the Calm Kids Formula?

This purchase will be a one a long while type deal, because I'm sure the import surcharges will be quite pricey.

TIA
#5 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Siana,
I've been taking Natural Calm and to be honest, don't really see much difference in sleep either for me or for my b'fed dd.

I did, however, notice a difference in the way I felt when I took a liquid cal/mag supplement. But, that's just me.

I know firefaery and Jane use it and recommend it.

I thought about getting some Baby Calm for dd but never did. I guess you could just give a small dose but I wouldn't know how much.
#6 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
Jane, do I remember you warning against grapefruit seed extract? Or was it olive leaf extract? I seem to remember you mentioning something about one of these.

I was thinking of getting some GSE for dd1.
GSE kills good bacteria too, I'd be wary. It can make bad bacterial problems worse for that reason b/c I guess they are more resistant to it or something. I just remember warnings on various ASD parents list to be careful that you are really battling yeast, b/c if you are battling bacteria GSE won't help.

But someone posted a while back that it's been tested to not have any bacterial killing qualities at all, but I think that depends on the brand?
#7 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamama
I am not following ya' here. A link between breastfeeding and Having a leaky gut?? Or not breastfeeding? What is your theory? I missed this detail!!
Thanks, Pat
That bf'ing WITH a leaky gut and intestinal flora imbalance is what leads to allergies/intolerances/sensitivities in your babe.
#8 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 PM

Siana,

Re: Natural Calm
I don't think you need the kids version. Just start with a lower amount, like 100mg. You might want to read about magnesium in the Nutrition/Immunology 101 thread in Vaccinations (darn that Search function tho!)

Other Canadian resources here:

http://uclbs.org/resources/miscellaneous.php
#9 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
Will prunes help? Although she doesn't like frutis and juices except for bananas. Or would upping her CLO help?
By constipation I mean -hard balls in her diaper after a day of nothing, she's whyney all day long but that's probably due to being sick. How can I make her drink more?

Also, when can I start enzymes? which ones and how strong? The problem is that except for the bananas, everything is cooked.

I'm worried about her nutrition. She lost a ton of weight. She was almost ebf until 8 days ago so now that she went cold turkey with bf, I'm really worried. I try to give her a lot of butter with her meat and veggies. How many egg yolks would provide enough cholesterol? She eats 1-2 a day.

Culturelle is recommended and has been tested for all ages. I'm not sure about the Life Start bifidus ... since Elaine says that one overgrows. I do know that it excellent for EBF babes.

I think the amount of butter and egg yolks sound fine. What about trying some avocado pudding?

The BM in a sippy sounds like a great idea.

We usually never have constipation with DS so I'm not a good person to ask. DS reacts with really loose stool to most fruits and juices.
#10 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Siana, Here's the Nutrition/Immunology101thread.
#11 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
reposting from June thread:
Does anyone know how often an EBF baby should poop? I've read that it's normal for them to go up to a week between poops but I don't know if that's really accurate. DD has always pooped at least once a day, but since I started this new diet she has been pooping less frequently, more like every other day, and often smaller poops, too. As far as I could tell she has normal poops before.

My DD used to poop once ot wtice a day, sometimes she would skip a day or two then resume.

Now, however, she is horribly constipated. She is refusing to nurse due to a virus than caused sores in her mouth (day 8). She only eats pureed vegetables, bananas, egg yolks, meat and yogurt. she only accepts water to drink but not enough. Besides the epsom salt bath is there anything I can do? Will prunes help? Although she doesn't like frutis and juices except for bananas. Or would upping her CLO help?

Please help!!!

Edina, Mama to Reuben 9-15-02 Lydia 9-26-03 and Betsy 7-3-05

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:13-14a
Edina are you pumping? You can be giving her pumped milk in her food. What all have you done to get her back to the breast? She really still needs your bm.

My friend used flax oil for constipation. I know a side effect of fish oil is diaherea so I say increase the oils! Also you can give her some magnesium. Increase her fluids. Does she eat pureed foods? Can you make them more liquidy or add bm to them? Also just follow her arround with a sippy cup. I know my dd tends to not drink a ton so I follow her arround with a sippy of water and keep offering and having it available for her. I have always done this.

I would wait on the enzymes personally untill this virus has run it's course so you aren't confused about what is causing what.

Be careful about fats. Get plenty into her but if she gets lots of fats at the begining of a meal it may signal her that she is full too soon and actually stop her from eating as much as she needs. One reason why the eat fat lose fat diet works is because you drink some coconut oil 20 min before every meal and it helps you feel full sooner. One reason why low fat diets are so hard to stick to is because fat is what triggers your satiation and if you don't get fat in a meal you may never feel satiated.

s

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#12 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

CAn yeast cause constipation?

DD1 has not had a bm going on 3 days now. Is this a yeast thing?

I'm trying to get her stool samples too. All she wants to eat is fruit, fruit, fruit and her new fave is raisins.

I think the sugar has her constipated. Does this make sense? She goes from mush to this every time. I don't get it.
#13 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I found a doctor who knows about "leaky gut"! It is even listed as something they commonly treat Good...someone who can do some tests and knows what she's talking about. She's a chiropractor...I never would have guessed. Sounds like they do a lot more than crack backs, hmmmm? Now I just have to try to get an appointment...hope it isn't booked for months. Wish me luck!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#14 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:53 PM

Is there a forum like the enzymestuff.com forum that is geared towards adults & kids who haven't been diagnosed with austism? I'd like to read more but feel like the enzymestuff forums might not be for me.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#15 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 10:59 PM

subscribing
#16 of 554 Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 PM

My son was 3 in June. He is highly allergic to eggs and he is a picky eater. How do kids who are picky eaters do on the SCD. I want to try this diet because my son has eczema(since 5 months old). He has been flared up for about a year and a half now and we are getting desperate. He cleared up briefly when we started giving him omega 3. He doesn't want to take a bath anymore or play in his pool because it hurts his legs. He wants to keep his footed pajamas on all day because when he takes them off he just sits and scratches.

He recently spent 3 days in the hospital because he had an allergy induced asthma attack. While in the hospital he had blood drawn for RAST testing. He showed up (on a scale of 1 to 6) a 6 on egg white and 5 on egg yolk plus he was a 2, which is moderately allergic, to wheat, soy, corn, peanuts and a bunch of grasses and trees. We had been eliminating wheat, corn and peanuts before he had the asthma attack. Then after we got the results back from the RAST test I have been at the end of my rope about what to feed him because I know pollen allergies can mean he cross reacts with alot of the stuff he eats like apples, carrots, celery, pears, peaches....everything it seems. He eats healthy. No junk food etc but he is really reluctant to try new things. Have any of you had good results with a picky eater on this diet? I guess I'm just scared he won't eat anything during the introductory days. He only weighs 28 pounds he can't afford to lose anything.

HELP

Edited to add: we knew about the egg allergy, we found that out on his first birthday, he broke out in hives after eating his cake. He hasn't had anything with egg in it since then so the eczema isn't caused by that.
#17 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
EBG, I'm sorry about your little one!

I started giving dd enzymes before she was a year old. I started with a mild type that my naturopath gave us. Now we use Zyme Prime from Houston's. Go slowly with them though (like a tiny little sprinkle on her food.)

Are you pumping to keep up your milk supply? Perhaps she'll take b'milk in a sippy?

Does she like avocado? They are full of the good fats she needs.

Yes! You can give her diluted prune juice. (I often do.) How long has it been since she's had a bm? If it's really bad you can give her a glycerin suppository. That'll give her immediate relief. Fleet makes them for babies. (I'm sad to say that I know this all too well as we're battling constipation in our house again this weekend. )

Just mo, but I wouldn't up her clo right now. I'd focus on getting her to eat some more and start the enzymes.
I'm using Digest Gold for myself and my older DD. IS that too strong? I would just use a tiny bit of course.
She has 2 bm-s yesterday, both times it was a hard little ball in her butt.
She ate a little prune-apple mix with yogurt this morning, hope it helps.
I tried avocado, she doesn't like it. So I'll up her CLO, try to give her some CO (is that OK for babes?) and lots of butter...
#18 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS

Culturelle is recommended and has been tested for all ages. I'm not sure about the Life Start bifidus ... since Elaine says that one overgrows. I do know that it excellent for EBF babes.

I think the amount of butter and egg yolks sound fine. What about trying some avocado pudding?

The BM in a sippy sounds like a great idea.

We usually never have constipation with DS so I'm not a good person to ask. DS reacts with really loose stool to most fruits and juices.

I tried bm in a sippy cup several times, she doesn't take it. I tried from a bottle, from a soft spout cup and her regular sippy cup. She only accepts water as a drink. I can try to mix it in food, but will it harm the milk? Lukewarm food of course.
Still trying to pump. Still trying to nurse. Been 9 days.
#19 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 10:36 AM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logansmom
My son was 3 in June. He is highly allergic to eggs and he is a picky eater. How do kids who are picky eaters do on the SCD. I want to try this diet because my son has eczema(since 5 months old). He has been flared up for about a year and a half now and we are getting desperate. He cleared up briefly when we started giving him omega 3. He doesn't want to take a bath anymore or play in his pool because it hurts his legs. He wants to keep his footed pajamas on all day because when he takes them off he just sits and scratches.

He recently spent 3 days in the hospital because he had an allergy induced asthma attack. While in the hospital he had blood drawn for RAST testing. He showed up (on a scale of 1 to 6) a 6 on egg white and 5 on egg yolk plus he was a 2, which is moderately allergic, to wheat, soy, corn, peanuts and a bunch of grasses and trees. We had been eliminating wheat, corn and peanuts before he had the asthma attack. Then after we got the results back from the RAST test I have been at the end of my rope about what to feed him because I know pollen allergies can mean he cross reacts with alot of the stuff he eats like apples, carrots, celery, pears, peaches....everything it seems. He eats healthy. No junk food etc but he is really reluctant to try new things. Have any of you had good results with a picky eater on this diet? I guess I'm just scared he won't eat anything during the introductory days. He only weighs 28 pounds he can't afford to lose anything.

HELP

Edited to add: we knew about the egg allergy, we found that out on his first birthday, he broke out in hives after eating his cake. He hasn't had anything with egg in it since then so the eczema isn't caused by that.

Have you tried enzymes?
Enzymedica makes one for allergies, called Allerase. It's high amounts of amylese. Taken between meals.
With meals you could try Digest, Digest Gold or the Houston enzymes -Zyme-Prime because they digest everything, not just one specific food. Also, No-Fenol could help with vegetables and fruits.
#20 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
He is highly allergic to eggs and he is a picky eater. How do kids who are picky eaters do on the SCD.
For my oldest son's egg allergy, I went and had NAET on his behalf. Now it appears that he can eat eggs. He is my pickiest eater. He has been been scd for a week. I wouldn't say it is going well. He did eat an apple for the first time in years. I told him he could cheat if he read the drivers book, we got him a permit, and he drove his self, with dh or myself. He is 17, and on a list of life skills to learn this year, driving is the one that we and our friends thought would be unrealistic for him. We'll see.
#21 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

EBG - apples are constipating too.
#22 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM

subbing

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#23 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 02:05 PM

I know we've talked about Kombucha being technically "illegal" on SCD, but I've found that it's really helping me. I'm going to venture out to make my own, but all the reports show that white refined sugar gives the best kombucha. Any advice on how to brew to make it safe-ER for SCD? Some advice to brew for 14 days, but that it gets a little acidic....Any advice would be appreciated!

While I'm waiting for my super-expensive Pro-Gurt starter to arrive, I gave cultured cow cream one last try with a lot of the new Houston enzymes that I just ordered. Wish me luck : I'll report back, in case it can help anyone. Can you tell that I'm doing everything I can to not need goat (or no) dairy?
#24 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
That bf'ing WITH a leaky gut and intestinal flora imbalance is
what leads to allergies/intolerances/sensitivities in your babe.
And formula feeding WITH a leaky gut and intestinal flora imbalance leads to.... ?? (allergies/intolerances/sensitivities) or Prevacid, Zantac and no real diagnosis other than "colic"?? Not sure I agree with bf'ing being the culprit.

My impression is that what I ate in pregnancy in large quantities seems to be the foods that ds is intolerant of: dairy, wheat, corn, soy. On the Bradley Childbirth high protein diet, I consumed TONs of dairy and whole wheat. Perhaps, *I* wasn't digesting these properly while pregnant and that was a variable. (Plus there are my mercury fillings and high stress during pregnancy and therefore probably high cortisol levels in utero.) But, I don't see breastfeeding as the culprit. I eliminated those foods very early on while nursing and ds's intolerances have improved greatly over time (with breastfeeding and an elimination diet). So, my perception is that he was born with the leaky gut?/intolerances, not that nursing lead to them. JMHO Can't imagine what would have happened to his immune system with formula. : I really can't believe that an evolutionary necessity (breastfeeding) is maladaptive for a baby's survival. I am more inclined to believe that it is the food (and toxins/mercury) that we/I eat (are exposed to) before and after birth that impair the immune system, irrelevant of route (breast or formula).

Not meaning to be argumentative, but I feel strongly defensive of breastfeeding. And I observed ds's issues very early~6 weeks neonate.

OH, I am rereading and seeming to understand that you mean the MOTHER's leaky gut causes the babies' intolerances. Hmmm....I see. Interesting theory. That could fit our experience also. But, imo, a pregnancy "leaky gut" probably contributes to all the intolerant/sensitive babies who are NOT breastfed. Or do you believe that the formula does in that case? I personally believe that the pregnancy variable is at least as strong as the postnatal experience, because of the documented immunity *benefit* for breastfed babies to have FEWER intolerances/allergies/sensitivities than formula fed babies.

But, we also have the genetic piece that dh's whole family is allergic/intolerant/sensitive GI-wise (and systemically) and most were formula fed. Thanks for the thought provoking discussion.

Pat

I have a blog.
#25 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamama
OH, I am rereading and seeming to understand that you mean the MOTHER's leaky gut causes the babies' intolerances. Hmmm....I see. Interesting theory. That could fit our experience also. But, imo, a pregnancy "leaky gut" probably contributes to all the intolerant/sensitive babies who are NOT breastfed. Or do you believe that the formula does in that case? I personally believe that the pregnancy variable is at least as strong as the postnatal experience, because of the documented immunity *benefit* for breastfed babies to have FEWER intolerances/allergies/sensitivities than formula fed babies.
I don't have anything to back this up, but I'm inclined to think the leaky gut problems in babies start after birth...or possibly even during birth, but not before. The baby's gut starts being colonized with bacteria as it travels through the birth canal, so if the mother's gut flora is less than ideal, that is being passed on to the baby. And if the baby is born via C-section, it doesn't get the benefit of the bacteria at all. Then the baby's gut continues being colonized the first time it eats--if it is formula fed, it has absolutely no chance at developing normal gut flora. I've seen links on this but don't have them saved--hopefully someone else can post them. Also, antibiotics or vaxes mess with the gut flora, whether the baby is BF or formula fed.

I think BF'ing, because of all its protective effects, contributes less to allergies than formula feeding, even if the mother does have a leaky gut. JMO, though.

Oh, and my daughter started showing symptoms of food intolerances (diaper rashes and cradle cap) at about one week old. She didn't have them at birth, so I'm inclined to think she was fine at birth. (And she was homebirthed, no antibiotics at any time, no vaxes, EBF.)
#26 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I don't have anything to back this up, but I'm inclined to think the leaky gut problems in babies start after birth...or possibly even during birth, but not before. <snip>

Oh, and my daughter started showing symptoms of food intolerances (diaper rashes and cradle cap) at about one week old. She didn't have them at birth, so I'm inclined to think she was fine at birth. (And she was homebirthed, no antibiotics at any time, no vaxes, EBF.)
Interesting. We did have meconium and ds did receive several doses of antibiotics (IV) immediately after birth. But, with natural childbirth, no vax, clothe diapers, exclusive breastfeeding for nearly a year, etc. I appreciate your observations from a very pure birth experience at home, etc. This does seem to support the post birth development of GI issues. I am curious about your dairy, wheat consumption prenatally. And mercury exposure as common variables.

I do wonder about the genetic predispostion though as a precursor, AND my other pregnancy "toxins" as a variable in ds's increased sensitivities despite a very healthy pregnancy. I have observed that my diet while breastfeeding was directly a variable in ds intolerances and behaviors. And I wonder if having "corrected"/eliminated so much in my diet so early was the key to him developing a huge ability to tolerate so many foods now.

I continue to lurk as I am still curious if we can "heal" more, for either of us.

Pat

I have a blog.
#27 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 04:12 PM

I don't think that anyone on here is arguing that children would be better off with formula if the mom has a leaky gut. Instead the argument is that the mom's leaky gut is a contributing factor to why the baby has a leaky gut/allergies/intollerances etc. Luckily bm allows lots of good healing things along with the food particles that are tough to digest. Formula simply has the tough to digest stuff w/o any of the benefit of the antibodies, lauric acid etc that can heal the gut. We aren't ignorant to that fact. However, if I had realized what I was setting myself up for in raising dd by not addressing my own leaky gut years ago when I knew I had it, I wouldn't have pursued ttc her untill I felt I had that solved. It also means that I know that just cutting out the foods she can't tolerate doesn't fix her gut. I need to fix the root cause, her gut flora imbalance.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#28 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla
However, if I had realized what I was setting myself up for in raising dd by not addressing my own leaky gut years ago when I knew I had it, I wouldn't have pursued ttc her untill I felt I had that solved. It also means that I know that just cutting out the foods she can't tolerate doesn't fix her gut. I need to fix the root cause, her gut flora imbalance.
Ahh, yes, IF I had known.....

But, I am not completely convinced that the breastmilk (aka my diet/gut issues?) is the only or most significant variable. Unlike caedmyn, we have/had many other variables, (dh's genetic component is a significant one and my 10 mercury fillings). Caedmyn's experience is an interesting one. I am also intrigued since I am not convinced that *I* have/had leaky gut issues BUT ds (and dh) has/had allergies/intolerances/sensitivities. But they are non-debilitating, more questionable than the degree that others have experienced. So, I am intrigued to find relevant variables that could be/could have been addressed from an optimization perspective. We no longer nurse, so that isn't an issue for us. But, I am not sure that the breastmilk/diet is the key to eliminating allergies/intolerances/sensitivities.

I am fascinated to see the progress that others have experienced and compare it to our own. "Healing" the gut is an interesting prospect. I am uncertain that eliminating the causes/intolerances doesn't benefit the gut alone. That seems to be our experience over the long run. He is 5 y/o now. Perhaps, ds's "improvement" is a developmental progression, rather than a "healing". As now (and for about 2 years) he eats many of the things that he couldn't previously. I guess it depends on the definition of "healed". If one has a propensity to a "leaky gut", if they assault it even after "healed", wouldn't one be inclined to have symptoms again? Or is the proposition that the gut will no longer be reactive once "healed"?

I appreciate the discussion of the theory behind the "treatment" of healing the gut.

Oh, but we have utilized the classical homeopathy variable though. Hmmmm....so many variables to untangle.

Pat

I have a blog.
#29 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Quote:
That bf'ing WITH a leaky gut and intestinal flora imbalance is what leads to allergies/intolerances/sensitivities in your babe.
I've thought this too, but when I shared this idea/theory with my DP and a local LLL leader, they both thought there was no basis/proof for thinking this.

Quote:
I don't have anything to back this up, but I'm inclined to think the leaky gut problems in babies start after birth...or possibly even during birth, but not before...
ITA!

My DS too was 100% fine for about a month after birth (UC birth). Then he started with the throwing up. As that phased out, the eczema phased in.
#30 of 554 Old 07-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Re: Consitpation

So Apples and Bananas are both constipating? :

I just read somewhere that very ripe banans aren't considered constipating, but rather more like a laxative. Apparently cooked banana is used for diarrhea.

Also, I thought since both had soluable fiber, this wouldn't be such a huge issue, provided there is sufficient water in the diet??

Wouldn't CLO help lubricate the intestinal track and help with constipation? I've heard Flax seed oil is a rather reliable aid for children with constipation. I certainly don't find the straight oil platable, but I've know several kids who have developed quite a liking for it. I think Flax seed oil would be SCD illegal though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page