~Healing the Gut AUGUST MAMAS~ - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

#391 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
I got the aminos from Kirkmans. It's the powder. I mix it in o.j. That's an amazing supplement.
This one? How's it taste?
http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/...upport229.html

I'm trying to hold off on any major changes 'til our next appt. with the DAN dr. but not sure that I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:44 PM

It required a bit of blood. (I'm squeamish so I didn't look) but I know they used the connector so that they could fill a few vials quickly. The lab screwed up though and didn't get enough the first go around so I had to bring dd back for another draw. :irk

I'm quite sure that the allergist can determine what foods to test and how many. Our allergist mislead us and said he test the whole panel (even foods dd wasn't eating at the time.) BUT, when the results came back he had only asked them to test about 15 of the most common ones. Still though, it wasn't a total loss because it did show her wheat allergy (which I had suspected but then had proof.)

Yes, it has a scale. I know many people say not to bother because there can be false positives (and even our allergist said this) but it beats the he** out of the scratch tests.

DD's results only showed an allergy to wheat so there were no false positives for her.
#393 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Yup, that's the one.

It tastes kind of yucky but if you mix it in o.j. it's not bad. It has a nasty smell.

I bought the trial size and that lasted me a couple of weeks. I've only used the big one I bought maybe twice so far. (Shoulda bought another trial size!)

It helped me a lot. I took one tsp. twice a day. I think you can take up to 2 tsp. twice a day.

Sometimes I wonder if I should still be taking it for dd's sake.

#394 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Caedmyn,

The carb count thing sounds similar to the Body Ecology Diet stuff, have you read that?
Yeah...but I forgot what it said I'm going through about 5 books a week now so sometimes I just skim them. Maybe I'll take a look at their website and see if it has any more info on the carb thing.
#395 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Thats a good question, what is her gut doing exactly?

I'm not sure I'd start her on lacto fermented foods, hmmm. Like what exactly?

Normally I'd recommend ripe bananas, avocado and egg yolk.
She still has a couple of "allergy" symptoms (cradle cap, circles under her eyes, red butt crack diaper rash). She also still has blood in her stool every once in a while. I have cheated with dairy a few times but I'm not sure the blood-in-the-stool is necessarily related as it doesn't really correlate with my cheats.

I was going to stay away from fruits for her since I think she may have yeast issues, also, so I'd probably start her with avocado and egg yolk. For lacto-fermented foods, I'd probably try homemade salsa (or maybe just pick out the tomatoes for her to try), or maybe pickles with the skin cut off.
#396 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
[ I think it might be time for allergy testing and why I was hanging out in the Allergies forum lately but, ahem.
I'm such a troublemaker I take it the mods pulled that thread? I couldn't find it again. I started one in Life with a Babe (totally unrelated topic) today and it got pulled within about an hour after someone jumped on it advocating CIO in a very aggressive way. Sigh. I really wanted some feedback on my post too. Oh well.
#397 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 PM

caedmyn,
You'd better not start anymore threads for a while.
#398 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery
Jane~ we tested several ways. The lab test I found to be most accurate was Immunolabs. I think that's what you're asking-I've been gone so long I have no idea where you are. Doesn't sound good, though. Feel free to email me if you want more info-or we can of course talk here! I just don't want to be redundant.

Where did you find the article about infant gut flora? I need to give it to someone. I need info on strains of probiotics in an EBF infant...do you remember it? I haven't been able to put my finger on it.
Start from beginning, don't worry about redundancy! Yes things with DS haven't gone anywhere essentially. Seems to be up and down.

Re: allergy testing

So far what I've noticed is that he really reacts to cow dairy, even butter, with raised welts on his torso. But goat yogurt/butter has been great. Goat cheese (aged, SCD legal) he couldn't seem to digest well the 2x I tried it so I haven't again).

I'm pretty sure all his problems don't stem from allergies simply because he's been everything free most of his life. And we tested really carefully with diet changes. When I added things like eggs or nuts or goat milk yogurt, no changes for the worse. But he just never got better with SCD either. The second CDSA bacteriology we did showed the Klebsiella (starch loving microbe) of last year gone but Proteus (protein digesting bad guy) has now taken up.

He's till stuck on a very very limited diet of green veggies, avocado, bananas, pears, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, broth and goat yogurt/butter. Butternut squash and carrots only once in a while otherwise his poop goes mush. It's truly amazing how many things I can manage to make with this repetoire but the poor kid is so fed up! We are using only Zyme Prime and No Fenol, he just cannot handle Peptizyde, even AFP. Brainchild minerals. HVCLO. High vit. C. Started goat colostrum a little bit ago.

So even though he eats like a gallon or more of goat yogurt/week, no lasting changes are occuring. I'm now I'm branching out into different probiotics, the L. Reuteri being the most beneficial. Begun seeing an Environmental/DAN dr. We did another CDSA but this time a complete one and our appt is first week of Sept. to review it. I have a good rec for a chiro and CST person too. The Homeopathy/Herbal/NAET doctor I totally lost faith in when she started throwing everything at him and being negative about NAET.

See my last post in Cheat Sheet on infant gut flora.

Bifidus only for EBF babe. Non dairy Natren Bifido factor or Natren Life Start is the one with dairy. There are few other non dairy ones too I thought but names are escaping me now. I did just find that Pharmax has one for infants that says dairy free but it has lactose.
#399 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 PM

A couple of questions.

In my "Whole Foods For the Whole Family" cookbook it says that i can make cottage cheese with raw milk by just letting it sit out and sour and then cooking it some and draining the whey. Would this be lactose free?? Could I use this like the DCCC? I have some begining to sour milk and I hate to throw it out.

Also, my mother is following this diet but feels terrible unless she eats rice every couple of days. I think that she is preventing die off but she doesn't buy it. I'm going to visit her soon and need some proof that die off is a good thing. All she would tell me was that it was mentally that she felt terrible. So far every time she has argued with me about some aspect of this diet I have eventually been proved right. I just hate for her to be doing all the work of this and be missing out on the benefit because of some rice.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#400 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaz
According to Optimal Digestion authors, some people who have badly irritated digestive tracts do react negatively to enzymes so it's important to go slowly with them.
And, I recall trying l-glutamine in the past and not loving it. I know it can cause constipation in some people and this can be a problem for me.
I'm glad I am reading through all the posts before posting- this answered part of my question I was logging on to ask: I've been taking the Thropps EliteZyme Ultra and things are not good. Here is one concern: I ate corn 4 or 5 days ago and am still seeing the little 'skins' of some kernels. WTH? Usually stuff passes in 24 hrs with me. Why am I still seeing this stuff? Granted, it is most often the whole kernel exactly as it went in, but how come it is taking so long in there? Otherwise, it seems the enzymes have put me back to square one with texture. Ug. By "go slowly with them", what should I be doing? I had been taking one just as I started eating with each main meal, I forgot once or twice. I haven't taken any today, I just can't do it to myself. Should I maybe start with only one per day?

Maybe glutamine could help me then; I've the opposite of const.
#401 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Wow this is a busy thread tonight. I want to keep up but need some sleep.

Patty, can you convince your mom to just stay off the rice for say, two weeks? Maybe then she'll go through the whole die-off and once she's beyond it will be convinced because she'd have experienced it herself.
#402 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM

Yes Caedmyn, the Mod pulled it b/c of multiple violations. Too bad but at least I got to copy over several of Insider's posts to the "How Not to Have An Allergic Child" thread b/c they were so good. I will go back to that thread again b/c there's a lot I want to say about why DS is the way he is "environmentally".
#403 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:20 PM

Selu,

Your nutritional changes will make going off the meds *easier.* Definitely stick with it and if you are still struggling, look into amino acids but don't stop the gut healing and nutrition focus or you will have a hard time getting off of the amino acids and you'll probably continue to have other health problems.

Amanda

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#404 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:23 PM

Man, I hate it when I miss all of the excitement.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#405 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:34 PM

I really must read the thread daily; I am having quite a challenge reading to catch up.

But I do want to ask a few things (I am sorry if they are lame ?s, I'm such a newbie and so overwhelmed.... *gulp*).

Kefir and yogurt: Does everybody on here make their own yogurt? Am I an idiot for eating yoplait? And the kefir- I've been downing maybe 8oz per day, haven't seen anything remarkable from that. Should I increase the amount of kefir? Should I increase yogurt? Should I avoid store-bought yogurt and kefir? If they are ok, are there brands that are better than others?

Benefiber While I'm at it, I've been taking a dose of benefiber daily. This seems to help marginally (enough that I don't think I want to give it up unless told it is a bad bad thing) ETA (I take it to firm up stools, as D is my problem), any opinions on benefiber?

Honey. I've been mixing a bit of honey in my hot water/benefiber drink. Thinking honey should be a good thing? Am I wrong there?

And I already asked my enzyme question a bit ago on a different post...

I have found I can only take so much of dealing with this, immersing myself in it for a period of time and then I have to back off. I just get so depressed. I know it'll get better as I learn more, just have to keep working at it (the knowledge-gathering as well as trying things to heal my gut).

I appreciate all of you wise women more than you'll ever know. Thank you for being willing to share your information and experiences.
#406 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Wow this is a busy thread tonight. I want to keep up but need some sleep.

Patty, can you convince your mom to just stay off the rice for say, two weeks? Maybe then she'll go through the whole die-off and once she's beyond it will be convinced because she'd have experienced it herself.
I might be able to but if I could find something that wasn't me telling her that die off is normal it would sure help. Honestly she probably won't even read it. I should just make up an article.....:

our family is <>< and :
#407 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

AmyD,
You did RAST tests right?
Twice on DS1. First time tested a 1 to corn, peanuts & carrots. He was about 15m old. Second time tested a 1 (IgG) to honey, egg whites & coconut--about 5m ago.

I'm not feeling the RAST love. I wonder how he would have tested after I took the peanuts/corn/carrots out? Would it then have been parsnips/peas/almonds? And on & on until we cut out all 40 offending foods : I think since he tests so low to "allergic reactions" it is a leaky gut issue. And he hasn't tested positive to cow dairy or wheat and/or gluten----which makes no freakin' sense at all.
#408 of 861 Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierratahoe
I really must read the thread daily; I am having quite a challenge reading to catch up.

But I do want to ask a few things (I am sorry if they are lame ?s, I'm such a newbie and so overwhelmed.... *gulp*).

Kefir and yogurt: Does everybody on here make their own yogurt? Am I an idiot for eating yoplait? And the kefir- I've been downing maybe 8oz per day, haven't seen anything remarkable from that. Should I increase the amount of kefir? Should I increase yogurt? Should I avoid store-bought yogurt and kefir? If they are ok, are there brands that are better than others?

Benefiber While I'm at it, I've been taking a dose of benefiber daily. This seems to help marginally (enough that I don't think I want to give it up unless told it is a bad bad thing), any opinions on benefiber?

Honey. I've been mixing a bit of honey in my hot water/benefiber drink. Thinking honey should be a good thing? Am I wrong there?

And I already asked my enzyme question a bit ago on a different post...

I have found I can only take so much of dealing with this, immersing myself in it for a period of time and then I have to back off. I just get so depressed. I know it'll get better as I learn more, just have to keep working at it (the knowledge-gathering as well as trying things to heal my gut).

I appreciate all of you wise women more than you'll ever know. Thank you for being willing to share your information and experiences.
Yoplait is a nice desert, but not much good for gut healing. Sorry. I assume you aren't doing scd. I don't remember your story. Store bought kefir may have sugar in it, it is probably low fat (at least I have only ever found low fat) and low fat dairy has it's own problems. If you are going to do store bought do plain kefir and yogurt. Brown Cow yogurt is a good commercial one but no where near as good (for you) as home made.

I assume the benefiber is for constipation. The more I learn the more I realize that constipation is a factor of gut flora, not fiber. The benefiber may be actually feeding the bad guys in your gut and not allowing it to heal, but if you aren't doing scd then you are probably feeding the bad guys anyhow. What about prunes? Those are scd legal.

Honey is scd legal, it is the only sweetener that is. If you don't have a yeast issue. We do and have cut out honey here.

our family is <>< and :
#409 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
She's been waking at night with a jolt and a scream as if someone is sticking her with a knife. It scares me. I mean, it makes me look around the room to see if there's really something there - - that's the type of waking she's been doing lately.

She also puked last night around midnight and then was fine. Now a low grade fever. Must be a virus.
We're dealing with this type of waking - only it happens just 2 hours before ds would normally get up. It started when ds picked up a cold just before last weekend. Thursday we started battling our second round of rotavirus (round 1 was in February and started us down this whole path of healing). In the wee hours this morning, my dh succumbed. We have some friends staying with us and their 9 month old ds also picked it up and is, after 12 hours of heaving, now keeping breastmilk down. I'm waiting to see who will be hit next - hoping my kefir and lots of ascorbate will protect me. This strain took out ds's entire daycare class like some of those shooting match games at state fairs. ping. ping. ping.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#410 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Thats a good question, what is her gut doing exactly?

I'm not sure I'd start her on lacto fermented foods, hmmm. Like what exactly?

Normally I'd recommend ripe bananas, avocado and egg yolk.
Hmm. Nolan is 8.5 months and I have tried banana and avocado, he spit up both for a couple of hrs after he ate it. I assume this means his gut is not ready for raw solids yet? I gave him a couple spoonfuls of broth today, that stayed down. He also seems to like butternut and acorn squash and keeps them down fine.

He poops only once a week-is this normal?

We create our own reality.
#411 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla
Yoplait is a nice desert, but not much good for gut healing. Sorry. I assume you aren't doing scd. I don't remember your story. Store bought kefir may have sugar in it, it is probably low fat (at least I have only ever found low fat) and low fat dairy has it's own problems. If you are going to do store bought do plain kefir and yogurt. Brown Cow yogurt is a good commercial one but no where near as good (for you) as home made.

I assume the benefiber is for constipation. The more I learn the more I realize that constipation is a factor of gut flora, not fiber. The benefiber may be actually feeding the bad guys in your gut and not allowing it to heal, but if you aren't doing scd then you are probably feeding the bad guys anyhow. What about prunes? Those are scd legal.

Honey is scd legal, it is the only sweetener that is. If you don't have a yeast issue. We do and have cut out honey here.
Thank you Patty. Tonight I took the plunge and finally read the scd website. Amazingly, my library has the book. Should be able to get it this week and start reading.

The scd website makes yogurt making look so easy- is it in reality? I've always been intrigued with the idea of making my own, looks like maybe now is a good reason and time to do so.
#412 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Absolutely I will answer the same as Annikate. Nutritional deficiencies, including lack of ability to break down and correctly absorb your food messes with your mind and your mood. Also the neurotoxins produced by fermentation of foods and yeast/bacteria. But the issue now is that healing won't help you for a while....

What about amino acid supplementation to help you over this hump as you wean yourself? Gale Force has posted about that before, probably more in Mental Health forum.

Are you taking magnesium for the C.?
The more I learn the more it becomes *so* obvious.

I am looking into amino acids but I've not taken them before.

I have a mag supplement but it is not a 2:1 with calcium so I wonder how good it is. I do take it with my multi (New Chapter) but I dunno how much is being absorbed.
#413 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
selu,
re: depression and nutrition, I'm think someone already linked to the thread called "A True Natural Remedy" but if they haven't ask me and I'll post it.
I think I have it bookmarked! I need resources like this, for sure.

Quote:
I had already cut my dose in 1/2 before starting this diet. (I thought it was contributing to dd's sleep problems so I cut it in 1/2 to see.) I did okay on 1/2 and then after I was on this gut healing path (and added supplements to my diet), all of a sudden I wondered why I was taking it.
I am cutting my doses in half and I will be off the Well. in 4 weeks, maybe less, as there is less chance of side effects and rebound. The klonopin will take a bit longer, unfortunately.

Quote:
The first couple of weeks were touch and go and dh even asked me to consider taking it again. Gale Force recommended aminos during the *crisis* times and I took those for a couple of weeks and they helped immensely.
I am definitely looking into these, thank you so much. :

Quote:
I truly believe that my depression (which I had been taking something for on and off for YEARS) was solely related to how my body absorbed (or didn't) necessary nutrients. (I was one of those who could eat and eat and not gain weight.) So that only goes to prove my point.
I really, really think this is the case for me. The more physically ill I become the more depressed and anxious I feel... the only time I've not taken meds and felt really good was when I was doing a lower carb version of NT. Tells me a lot, lol.
#414 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I got the aminos from Kirkmans. It's the powder. I mix it in o.j. That's an amazing supplement.
I just found this online! I am ordering some.
#415 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
Selu,

Your nutritional changes will make going off the meds *easier.* Definitely stick with it and if you are still struggling, look into amino acids but don't stop the gut healing and nutrition focus or you will have a hard time getting off of the amino acids and you'll probably continue to have other health problems.

Amanda
Amanda,

Thank you. I definitely thinks so too, I need to see it in print for my perfectionist tendencies, unfortunately.
#416 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 AM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
OK, I asked this earlier, but nobody responded...c'mon wise healing mamas, someone's got to have at least an opinion on this! GaleForce...did you eat higher carb veggies on your diet?

"On this anti-candida diet I'm doing, only very low carb veggies are allowed, which means carrots, squash, and peas are not allowed. I asked the "founder" of the diet why it mattered whether I eat 20 carbs of squash in a meal or 20 carbs of green beans, cucumber, and onion in a meal. Her basic response was:
Quote:
It's not about the total carb count; it's the kind of
carbs, some of which feed candida. In fact all carbs turn into sugar
in the body, but the ones that are okayed for candida are the lowest
in sugar and carb content. Candida sufferers cannot avoid eating all
carbs. The range of veggies allowed contain low carbs & sugars, so it is
not the total count of carbs that matters. If it didn't matter where
you got your carbs from you could eat fruits, sugar and have milk and
cheese. But that isn't how it works. The higher the carb & sugar
content in a particular food the more it will feed candida and the
sicker you will feel.

This does not make sense to me. I understand that there are different types of sugars, and sugars like those found in dairy, starches, fruits, and sugar/honey/etc can feed yeast. But unless there is something I don't know about the particular sugars in carrots, peas, and squash, I don't understand why I can't eat them as long as I keep my total carb count within the "recommended" range for this diet (so basically her advice is coming across a load of bull)."

IMO it has to do with blood sugar, how quickly it turns into glucose. Low-carb veggies have more protein/fiber per carb than high carb veggies and it slows down digestion and the rate at which the sugar enters the blood stream. I think systemic candida feeds on blood sugar, too, not just what goes does down the gut. That's why honey is no good. But that's just my theory, I don't know how scientific it is... probably not. I'd go with Bee's advice.
#417 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierratahoe
Maybe glutamine could help me then; I've the opposite of const.
Maybe so...if anything, I'm definitely more on the constipated (not that I'm NOT going - it's just that the poop is harder than I want. Sorry about TMI!) side with the l-glutamine.

Quote:
Has she read Weston Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration?
http://www.westonaprice.org/traditio...ry_wisdom.html

Because he found many healthy societies eating similarly to the Neolithic period that was described: grains and dairy in the 1930's but with no cancer or cavities (well 1% or less cavity rate) or other degenerative diseases. He also studied skeletal remains as well. He travelled to about 40 different native tribes/villages of many different ethnic backgrounds, it was quite extensive. (25 of that 40 was African tribes but they ate differently.) He also studied people of same ethnic/racial background on "modern" foods to show that it was definitely diet and not genes.

P.S. he found no vegan societies that were healthy, this gets a lot of people up in arms. But animals fats were key to health. Whether the fish of the Polynesians or milk fat of the Masai tribe.
I'm not sure if she's read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration but she is a big fan of Nourishing Traditions. I'm not sure if she had looked into NT/WAPF before she and I met or if it was after. I'm pretty positive it was after since she had been a vegetarian (religious reasons as well as *health*) and soon started to eat meat after reading NT. I am a former chapter leader for WAPF and sang NT's praises from the rafters back in the day. I still support the group and follow many of the principles - but I do have issues with a few things they recommend. For one, they give the impression that EVERYONE can digest cow's milk in it's raw state (or fermented) and that is NOT the case. It's not a panacea. And don't get me started on their stance on breastfeeding...:
But I wholeheartedly support their stance on soy, fermenting, sprouting and bone broths.
As for veganism...ITA and it has gotten me in lots of arguments over the years!
#418 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
OK, I asked this earlier, but nobody responded...c'mon wise healing mamas, someone's got to have at least an opinion on this! GaleForce...did you eat higher carb veggies on your diet?

"On this anti-candida diet I'm doing, only very low carb veggies are allowed, which means carrots, squash, and peas are not allowed. I asked the "founder" of the diet why it mattered whether I eat 20 carbs of squash in a meal or 20 carbs of green beans, cucumber, and onion in a meal. Her basic response was:
Quote:
It's not about the total carb count; it's the kind of
carbs, some of which feed candida. In fact all carbs turn into sugar
in the body, but the ones that are okayed for candida are the lowest
in sugar and carb content. Candida sufferers cannot avoid eating all
carbs. The range of veggies allowed contain low carbs & sugars, so it is
not the total count of carbs that matters. If it didn't matter where
you got your carbs from you could eat fruits, sugar and have milk and
cheese. But that isn't how it works. The higher the carb & sugar
content in a particular food the more it will feed candida and the
sicker you will feel.

This does not make sense to me. I understand that there are different types of sugars, and sugars like those found in dairy, starches, fruits, and sugar/honey/etc can feed yeast. But unless there is something I don't know about the particular sugars in carrots, peas, and squash, I don't understand why I can't eat them as long as I keep my total carb count within the "recommended" range for this diet (so basically her advice is coming across a load of bull)."
In the book Optimal Digestion there's a chapter on diets that talks about this topic. What it says in a nutshell is that eliminating ALL carbohydrates is usually NOT a good thing for many people. While our bodies can extract carbs from meat, often times certain individuals will require more than that. This is a perfect example of why one diet does not work for everyone. Each of us needs to do a little trial and error before believing any one diet is gospel.
I agree that it's imperative to remove processed carbs and sugars from the diet when yeast/parasites are a problem but for some people the addition of carbs such as sweet potatoes or red potatoes (made with good fats) will not fuel the bad guys but WILL prevent the person from losing too much weight and/or never feel satieted.
#419 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 AM
EBG

Jane,
How do you kill the Proteus if your DS can't handle high proteases?

Also, I have an OT question. Is it possible to heal without removing amalgam fillings? It's just not a possibility at this point, financially. And my DH would never let me have them removed after he payed so much money to have them put in (before I knew anything about mercury toxicity and before I got sick)
I think mercury might be the reason why the diet and supplements are not helping as much as they should and my immune s. is still depressed. I read that chelation is dangerous while you have them so I can't really do much just hope that the proper diet will help to reduce the load.

Caedmyn,
Is the cabbage juice helping? I'm planning to start Bee's candida diet and since I've been on a somewhat candida diet and garlic for a long time, I'll just jump right in with the cabbage rejuvelac.
#420 of 861 Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 AM

I found out my farmer is not going to have pastured chicken anymore.

So... I ordered the new pastured organic chickens that Tropical Traditions is selling. Pricey. The credit card people just love me. Hee. Bone broths here I come!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page