~Healing the Gut AUGUST MAMAS~ - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone want to share their anti-candida diet ideas here?

I'd love some ideas.
#542 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

I'm a heavy bruiser, and from my reading, I was looking at Vit K, iron, Vit C or Vit B12. I just had blood work done, so I knew my B12 and iron were great. I started liq chlorophyll w/no results. I finally realized that I have adrenal fatigue which tied in all my other weird symptoms.
#543 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
I'm a heavy bruiser, and from my reading, I was looking at Vit K, iron, Vit C or Vit B12. I just had blood work done, so I knew my B12 and iron were great. I started liq chlorophyll w/no results. I finally realized that I have adrenal fatigue which tied in all my other weird symptoms.
What are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue? I really can't imagine I have an iron deficiency as I eat at least 1/2 a pound of red meat a day. I've started mega doses of vitamin C so if that's the problem it should take care of it. Does liquid chlorophyll contain vitamin K? I've been taking that for a while, too, so it's probably not a vitamin K deficiency.

B6 is the vitamin that's supposed to produce dream recall, right? How much does the amount of sleep I get in a stretch affect dream recall? I very rarely get 3 hours of sleep in a stretch because of DD's night wakings. I started taking a B complex vitamin a month or so ago and haven't noticed any difference in dream recall, but I'm not sure if it means I need to supplement B6 separately, or if I just won't have much dream recall until I can sleep better.
#544 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
What are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue? I really can't imagine I have an iron deficiency as I eat at least 1/2 a pound of red meat a day. I've started mega doses of vitamin C so if that's the problem it should take care of it. Does liquid chlorophyll contain vitamin K? I've been taking that for a while, too, so it's probably not a vitamin K deficiency.

B6 is the vitamin that's supposed to produce dream recall, right? How much does the amount of sleep I get in a stretch affect dream recall? I very rarely get 3 hours of sleep in a stretch because of DD's night wakings. I started taking a B complex vitamin a month or so ago and haven't noticed any difference in dream recall, but I'm not sure if it means I need to supplement B6 separately, or if I just won't have much dream recall until I can sleep better.
On the b-6 issue, I wake frequently as well. That actually should make it easier for you to recall your dreams. I need to take at least 150 mg of b-6 daily to recall my dreams. I just upped it to 200 mg daily because I realized it was helping with nipple soreness in the 2ww and I wouldn't mind it disappearing completely. (this month is particularly bad and I haven't even ovulated yet!)

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#545 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 01:01 PM

How much B6 is in your B complex, caedmyn?

Maybe someone knows more about dreaming. I wonder how long it does take to get into a dream sleep.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#546 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
How much B6 is in your B complex, caedmyn?

Maybe someone knows more about dreaming. I wonder how long it does take to get into a dream sleep.
100 mg
#547 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Hmm, I am only taking 10 mg B6. I have noticed that dream recall has improved. I used to almost never remember my dreams. Now it is frequent, although it could be more. This morning I was dreaming about Johnny Depp.
#548 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM

No-I think you were just channeling me and having MY dream :
#549 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 02:24 PM

Oh my, I am obsessed with him lately. Now he is in my dreams!!
#550 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Hey FF, did you say you might have more thoughts on the bloating? I am really in a bad way, still, and would love some additional insight.
#551 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 03:48 PM

I need some toddler poop help here!

DS is 3 and has tons of allergies. When he eats allergens, he often gets constipation. He takes lots of probiotics, etc, so we're doing a lot to help his gut (starting raw milk next week).

He had a bout of bad constipation due to eating too many eggs. This was about 10 days ago. Ever since, it has hurt when he poops. His poops come out pretty big and seem pretty hard. He says it hurts some while pooping and then his bum hurts afterwards.

What can I do to help this? I've tried giving some flax oil, but it's been hard to get into him. I've kept a consistent intake of fruit, too. What else?

Thanks and sorry for the graphic post......

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#552 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl
I need some toddler poop help here!

DS is 3 and has tons of allergies. When he eats allergens, he often gets constipation. He takes lots of probiotics, etc, so we're doing a lot to help his gut (starting raw milk next week).

He had a bout of bad constipation due to eating too many eggs. This was about 10 days ago. Ever since, it has hurt when he poops. His poops come out pretty big and seem pretty hard. He says it hurts some while pooping and then his bum hurts afterwards.

What can I do to help this? I've tried giving some flax oil, but it's been hard to get into him. I've kept a consistent intake of fruit, too. What else?

Thanks and sorry for the graphic post......

megin
Try getting either vitamin c or magnesium into him. We like the Ionic Fizz magnesium here. Either of those in excess will make for loose stools and for him right now that sounds like a good idea. Also are you doing prunes or prune juice? T

our family is <>< and :
#553 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello I posted a little bit on this thread a while back but then stopped. I figured if we just at healthy NT foods then we would heal up anyway. Well, I started second guessing that line of thought and we just had an appt. with a chiro last week.

Dh and I both had four viles of blood drawn : and that will tell us about our food allergies/sensitivities. She also explained that the test is very comprehensive and she will be able to tell from it how all of our organs are working etc....

We also just completed our stool test and sent it in. I think I screwed mine up though : I thought I could eat a peice of toast after the stool part was complete and then realized I needed to do the saliva test still. Oops. I had a urine test done (came out fine). And I'm thinking about having us all tested for heavy metals the next appt. Just to see.

I think that tomorrow I am just going to start the anti-candida diet. I just found out from my chiro that she was probably going to put me on it anyway regardless of what the test said Just based on my symptoms.

I have a 7 month old ds that I'm worried about. I hope I haven't hurt his little insides too badly. She didn't test him at all...she said that if I have Candida he most likely does as well anyway (ebf) Sounds like it was a good decision not to vax him as something terrible could have happened.

****Here is my actual question!*****

Although this chiro seems very knowledgeable....I do just worry about doctors now. Can't help it. She said that I will need to take some things because yeast is so difficult to get rid of (the diet won't be enough). Is there anything that would be unsafe for breastfeeding? Should I start giving ds that bifidus stuff if I come out positive for Candida? Mostly I'm worried about him. Will he heal right along with me even if he doesn't get anything but breastmilk?

Thanks! Sorry this got long. I'll post again when we find out the results too!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#554 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

#555 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 06:06 PM

Chelation - so if Im taking clorophyll, ishould I continue so that I am alkalinizing my body which the yeast dont like, or not b/c Im getting mercury into my body from the fillings? Ugh. Oy. :

Annikate - sorry for the *bad* news. Check out the yahoo candidasupport group for food ideas. The first 2 weeks were definitely the hardest as my body adjusted to all the changes, but now I dont feel the need for snacks. You eat so much fat that it really lasts for several hours. Also, decaf coffee is ok on that diet. The mediator of that group talks about coffee increasing permeability, but includes decaf on her mock shopping list, so it must be the caffiene? I dropped coffee, chocolate (daily habit!!), grains, dairy, and fruit in a day, and Ive lived to tell about it (though only for 3 wks so far )

Bifidus - why bad? I keep seeing this in posts.

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#556 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM

Mamas, could you please assist me with my concerns posted here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...48#post5783348

All about iron deficinecy again. I am not doing well

Constant headaches, fatigue etc..

I seemed to have plateaued with SCD I've been sloooowly trying to introduce new foods, but I always have strong reactions.

I don't know what to do mamas. I'm feeling paniced right now (got to go do some yoga!). Stressed because I have no patience left with my children (well I still try seeing as this is suppose to be a GD house, but I feel stretched too thin). I've turned inward and try to spend as much time away from the kids at the computer. There are a lot of issues going on here in the home which aren't facilitating healing either (clutter is really bothering me, my DP and I have been on not the best terms lately), but most of it is internal.

(Please post in the thread I started, just because it'll be easier for me to read through. TIA)
#557 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 PM

Re constipation: used milk of magnesia for dd. It easy to hide and works quickly
#558 of 861 Old 08-17-2006, 11:35 PM

I'd love to start up a list of what folks use to heal little guts, particularly names/brands of supplements, probiotics, etc.

We use Jarrowdophilus with DS (not the kids version). It seems to really help him, but we're definitely open to changing to something better.

I'm hoping to start him on enzymes soon and would love to hear brands for that too.....

Finally, DS is balking recently at our methods for giving probiotics (in yogurt or in mushed raspberries)....I think it's the "forcing/requirement" thing....any better options?

Chime in!

Thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#559 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 AM

So, did anyone see that Jordan Rubin, of GOL, is in trouble with the FDA for making unsubstantiated claims about his supplements curing IBS and other autoimmune conditions? See: http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/rubin.html
Now, I most certainly don't like quackwatch, and also don't like the FDA witchhunt, but I wasn't really surprised that they went after him.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#560 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 01:17 AM

So apparently being on this diet is helping me to listen to what my body is asking for more. I have been craving red meat all evening and then it changed to a craving for liver. I finally brought myself to the kitchen to make some. This is the first time in my entire life I have eaten liver by choice. I have never cooked it myself. It was good. I'm still in shock.

our family is <>< and :
#561 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 AM

I was going to start the anti-Candida diet today, but now I'm scared. I'll paraphrase what I read yesterday:

Yeast has very long legs that dig into your insides. When it dies off it then leaves holes. This is one of the ways you can develop leaky gut.

So, what do I need to have on hand for myself and for ds to heal up those holes while I'm killing them off. I don't want to start killing them if I don't have the means to heal up those dangerous holes!!!!!!!!

Is there any way to avoid leaky gut at all when getting rid of yeast or is it unavoidable? I really don't want ds to go through this.

Tell me what I should get. Ds is 7 months and exclusively breastfed. I also would not want to take anything that would be unsafe or damage our breastfeeding relationship.

Thanks for the advice!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#562 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 AM

Start making some yogurt. That will help repair the damage.
#563 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 AM

nak
and you'd think I'd know the answer to this by now but need some reassurance.

dd1 woke up this a.m. w/a dark circle under one eye & tiny red bumps just like dd2 used to get. When dd2 had this it was from heer exposure to wheat in my diet.

dd1 has not eaten anything differrent but I have been giving her l.reuteri. Is this a die off reaction?
#564 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 AM

Unfortunately, yogurt is not ok on the anti candida diet. Lots of fermented foods and bone broth.....

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#565 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose_lee
I was going to start the anti-Candida diet today, but now I'm scared. I'll paraphrase what I read yesterday:

Yeast has very long legs that dig into your insides. When it dies off it then leaves holes. This is one of the ways you can develop leaky gut.

So, what do I need to have on hand for myself and for ds to heal up those holes while I'm killing them off. I don't want to start killing them if I don't have the means to heal up those dangerous holes!!!!!!!!

Is there any way to avoid leaky gut at all when getting rid of yeast or is it unavoidable? I really don't want ds to go through this.

Tell me what I should get. Ds is 7 months and exclusively breastfed. I also would not want to take anything that would be unsafe or damage our breastfeeding relationship.

Thanks for the advice!
I think that as the yeast dies if you are eating healthy foods the holes will heal up by themselves. I don't have anything to back that up but that's my opinion. The body can really do an incredible job of healing itself if given the right tools (like proper diet).

ETA: bone broths are great for healing
#566 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose_lee
****Here is my actual question!*****

Although this chiro seems very knowledgeable....I do just worry about doctors now. Can't help it. She said that I will need to take some things because yeast is so difficult to get rid of (the diet won't be enough). Is there anything that would be unsafe for breastfeeding? Should I start giving ds that bifidus stuff if I come out positive for Candida? Mostly I'm worried about him. Will he heal right along with me even if he doesn't get anything but breastmilk?

Thanks! Sorry this got long. I'll post again when we find out the results too!
Definitely give your DS some probiotics. They won't hurt and can very well help if he has any issues. The ones for EBF babies are Natren Life Start (contains dairy, easier to find) and Solaray BabyLife (non-dairy). If you heal your DS will heal, also, as long as he is still nursing and you're not feeding him unhealthy foods (ie no sugar and stay away from grains until he's at least a year old).
#567 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom
Chelation - so if Im taking clorophyll, ishould I continue so that I am alkalinizing my body which the yeast dont like, or not b/c Im getting mercury into my body from the fillings? Ugh. Oy. :

Annikate - sorry for the *bad* news. Check out the yahoo candidasupport group for food ideas. The first 2 weeks were definitely the hardest as my body adjusted to all the changes, but now I dont feel the need for snacks. You eat so much fat that it really lasts for several hours. Also, decaf coffee is ok on that diet. The mediator of that group talks about coffee increasing permeability, but includes decaf on her mock shopping list, so it must be the caffiene? I dropped coffee, chocolate (daily habit!!), grains, dairy, and fruit in a day, and Ive lived to tell about it (though only for 3 wks so far )

Bifidus - why bad? I keep seeing this in posts.
As far as I can tell the liquid chlorophyll isn't a very strong chelator so it probably isn't going to be pulling the mercury out of your fillings. I hope I'm right cuz I have a bunch of mercury fillings myself.

The bifidus isn't a recommended strain for the SCD. I don't know why. It is the recommended strain for EBF babies, and it's good for everyone who's not doing the SCD.
#568 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 11:33 AM

I thought fermented foods weren't allowed on the anti-candida diet. Am I wrong? I'd love to be wrong I just made ginger carrots, sauerkraut and pickles and they are all sitting untouched in the fridge
Also hearing contradictory things (and seeing opposites on websites) on if homemade yogurt is allowed on anti-candida? Is it?
We've been doing the homemade bone broths...so that's good at least.

Thanks everyone! Also, is it best to eat most things raw? Seems I'm hearing that a mostly raw diet is the best for our bodies?

#569 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 PM

l glutamine, msm and zinc for the "holes"
#570 of 861 Old 08-18-2006, 01:43 PM
EBG

I think that by fermented foods these candida websites mean commercially available yogurt, pickles, vinegar, saurkraut etc,. These are not properly made, full of sugar or yeast promoting stuff like alcohol.
I believe home-made fermented foods are very beneficial for gut healing. Yogurt needs to be fermented for 24 hours to get rid of the lactose. Home-made LACTO- fermented veggies. Some people do well with kefir, others can't tolerate it.

So Caedmyn,
I have mercury fillings, too. Maybe that's why it's harder for us to kill of the yeast.... hope the chlorophyll helps you. What is it anyway and why is it good? Would it be SCD legal? Isn't that the green pigment in plants? Why would you need to chug down concentrated leaf pigments? I guess I need to read Bee's files... I don't know anyting.

So any word on selenium??????
It's supposed to bind with mercury and help the body detox. But should we amalgam people avoid it? Will it pull the mercury from the fillings?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page